Girl's Night In

staticrhubarb

My friend is coming over next week for a girl's night in, and in her words just wants to "slob, watch films, drink wine and eat rubbish".

Obviously this is a SW nightmare food-wise so I want to know if any of you have any tasty, syn-free or low-syn snack recipes other than SW chips?

Thanks in advance :)

Sw scotch eggs are lovely! Kfc chicken . wrap pizza. Forrero rocher. You can more or less turn any ' fatty' food into sw version. It's great! Something may take a lot of prepping but if you have the time and a few syns to spare you can do it!

Hi! I have this issue relatively frequently too- more often than not I fall off the wagon but in theory it's achievable.
I'd recommend trying to 'save' some syns either that day or through the week (or even both).
Could you do some cocktails instead of wine? Spirits are much less syn heavy and can make a nice change.
Snacks: homemade hummus and veggie sticks, tesco value frozen falafel (free?!) dips e.g fat free yoghurt, mint and cucumber. Allocate some syns to low fat crisps? Chicken/veg skewers, fruit half dipped in dark chocolate, sw quiche, pasta/rice salad...
Depends how far you go re nibbles really- is it a plate job or a literally nibbles?
Hope this helps x

Mix quark with a chocolate options and sweetner then dip strawberries into it - lush!!

Ooh some great ideas, thanks! I guess we're flexible as far as plates go, it's just me and her though so I'm not going to put on a full-on buffet or anything. Good suggestion about the cocktails, if she wants wine she can have it but I may just stick to G&slimT :)

The quark with chocolate sounds very interesting!

Thanks all, some great ideas!

Hi! I have this issue relatively frequently too- more often than not I fall off the wagon but in theory it's achievable.
I'd recommend trying to 'save' some syns either that day or through the week (or even both).
Could you do some cocktails instead of wine? Spirits are much less syn heavy and can make a nice change.
Snacks: homemade hummus and veggie sticks, tesco value frozen falafel (free?!) dips e.g fat free yoghurt, mint and cucumber. Allocate some syns to low fat crisps? Chicken/veg skewers, fruit half dipped in dark chocolate, sw quiche, pasta/rice salad...
Depends how far you go re nibbles really- is it a plate job or a literally nibbles?
Hope this helps x

I like the cocktail idea instead of wine - will save a few syns if I have a few GnSlimTs, even if my friend wants to stick to wine! I guess as far as plates go we're pretty flexible, but it's just me and her so I'm not going to put on an all out buffet. The sort of thing we would usually eat/drink would be a takeaway pizza, crisps, chocolates and red wine, so similar alternatives to those I guess. I like the fruit in dark choc idea!

Also the quark in chocolate...does that work?! Sounds interesting!!

It's lovely I took the quark done like that into the taster group session and it was nearly gone by the end x

Thanks all, some great ideas!

I like the cocktail idea instead of wine - will save a few syns if I have a few GnSlimTs, even if my friend wants to stick to wine! I guess as far as plates go we're pretty flexible, but it's just me and her so I'm not going to put on an all out buffet. The sort of thing we would usually eat/drink would be a takeaway pizza, crisps, chocolates and red wine, so similar alternatives to those I guess. I like the fruit in dark choc idea!

Also the quark in chocolate...does that work?! Sounds interesting!!

Cocktails last longer and can be made so much lower syn than wine e.g I can have almost 4 martinis for the same as a large glass of wine!
Yeah I see what you mean, though you've named the four things that are impossible to make syn free haha. I think your best bet is to save some syns, pick lower syn options (crisps/chocs- and don't buy loads so once they're gone, they're gone) and switch to g&t!
I will be honest, I mixed a white choc options with quark as a cheesecake filling and I thought it tasted odd. It might be better with milk chocolate options though!

Back