GiveMeScience. Journey from 20st-10st. 3st to go!

Long story short: I started at 20 stone a couple years ago but had a few setbacks where i gained back a bit (only a few lbs) and i'm just starting again after another one of those setbacks.

I started healthy eating again on Friday and haven't cheated once. I've cut out refined sugar so i'm not adding any to other food and i've completely cut out tea as i have 3 sugars in it. I've cut out my usual breakfast cereal and instead i'm having fruit or porridge. I need to go shopping and get some more healthy breakfast bits so any advice for healthy breakfasts is welcome.

For dinner i've had steamed salmon and veg and pasta bake made with wholemeal pasta and only a tiny sprinkling of cheese and only a little sauce. Tonight i'll be having more veg and probably some chicken.

For snacks i've been having fruit, nuts, ryvitas with a little cheese and today i had corn on the cob yum yum. I've cut out butter and spreads and i've gone from using full-fat milk to using semi skimmed (will be using skimmed once i get to the shop!)

I want to add a lot more water to my diet so i've made it my only drink and i've been drinking a lot. I also want to make sure i add more fish, chicken, nuts and a wider range of veg to my diet. I've switched to wholemeal for things like pasta, rice, tortillas and bread. It's quite a low calorie diet but it's all healthy, nutritious food and i feel great even though it's only been a few days.

Exercise is mainly walking and skipping (can't believe how tiring it is!) but i'll start going swimming again twice a week and the car is broken so i'll be averaging about 6 miles walking a day. I really need to up my exercise, i've gotten lazy. I used to go running, swimming, tennis and went to the gym a few times but all i do these days is sit in front of the computer! I blame Netflix ;) I need to look into gym membership i think. It's ridiculously expensive though.

I'm tracking calories and exercise on MyFitnessPal which is great. I don't know how accurate it is but it's great motivation.

So here we go!

About to have breakfast, not sure what to have yet. Shopping is coming between 2 and 4 so i'll have more choice tomorrow :)

Had a nice plate of chicken and veg for dinner last night. Hopefully i'll be going out for a walk today, a nice long one.

Oh well, will update when i have more to say!

I've been on this diet a week and my energy levels are through the roof! i can't sit still, i'm constantly up and about doing stuff. It's great! I'll be going for a walk this evening with the dog, probably 2 miles. i *really* want to get an exercise bike but not sure i have the room.

Wholemeal, seeded toast and a satsuma for breakfast. Time to do some housework!

You're foung well then ..!!!
Dont give up the positive thinking ... It's great :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

thank you linski. i lost 1lb this week :) that's with doing no exercise at all really apart from the walk last night. this week i'll hopefully be swimming and walking every day. i'm very excited for this week :D

Back