Giving up Shakes *sniff*

LOL PB - JCB, yep I do that a lot!!

Glad you weren't offended in any way!

Great way to deal with it by seeing how things go and keeping an open mind! Good luck with the soups. I'd try the Thai Chilli one again too personally as I had it on the first day and almost had to pour it away. What with that and the caramel shake I thought that there was no way I could handle this diet!! But by about nine weeks it was one of my faves for a while!! What's that all about? I still hate the smell of it though! Drank it so much that I couldn't stomach it after a while and have gone to drinking more shakes than soups, but I have all my shakes hot, so it's lovely in this cold weather.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now and just wish you all the best of luck!

x

Andy: that's fair enough.

Just to be clear, I wasn't going on a campaign trying to convince everyone to drop the shakes, far be it, I was literally just wanting to have a little ramble and rant and sort of see for myself the reasons why I was giving up shakes.. Also I suppose to put some information out there and if others decide or decide not to be worried about it then that's fine by me either way...

Oh gosh, now I'm sounding really defensive aren't I?

*digs hole*

Awww *Hugs Ellie tightly*

I'm with you, PB. I've tried to avoid aspartame for the last couple of years - started when trying to help DS1 who has Asperger's and DS2 who was being asssessed then for ADHD.
Currently I have only 1 shake a day, choc for bedtime, but I've been thinking about dropping it for another soup so you've spurred me on.

Obviously everyone makes up their own mind on this, but for me LL is about health so it seems silly for me to include something I would normally have avoided!

Yeah, I'm doing veg soup twice a day, a bar and either tomato or chicken for the 4th. It's ok, I have the veg first and last so it's not monotonous. Shakes twice a week just to keep a bit of variety. I might switch to having one chicken and one veg a day, a bar, and the 4th one one of the other soups that I don't like, to remind me why I like the others, if you see what I mean?!

Let me know how you're getting on with no shakes though?

I just think that considering the evidence, although many people prob would be fine with lots of aspartame, it's not worth the gamble. Just my opinion though.

Hi PB,
Just to confirm I took all soups last night, so this is my first week without aspartame - I'll see how it goes and report back!

Its a bad substance so they say, but the packs are stuffed full of artifical flavours and dont forget its pure chemical what you are having with minerals, so the asparatine is the least of our worries right now :) i would not worry too much the research is unfounded and it has not been around long enough for people to know the true effects, much like mobiles and radiations.

Thanks Huseyin..

Yeah I take your point, the packs are full of nasty chemicals and things that at the moment we can't avoid. However for me this is a personal decision, that unless I get that sick of soups that I cannot face another one, I'd prefer to avoid having shakes, or anything with aspartame in in the future. There's enough evidence there to convince me it's not worth the risk. Don't mean to be offensive in any way at all, but wikipedia saying it's ok isn't enough to de-convince me, because as I understand it, it is the substance that it gets turned into (formaldehyde) that is toxic, not the sweetener itself.. Just my opinion on it though.

And SIIM, I also am doing my first full week on soups only.. Though I have 3 shakes to use up so will have those also at some point this week.. I'm finding it alright actually!

Back