giving up the drink

alfsmummy11

Silver Member
Ok im not an Alchi just drinking when bored or stressed with my terrible 2s toddler. Im a single mum and drink about 3 times a week usually a lil bottle of wine last(mini ones) or a beer. Not tonnes but last night i had four!!!!!

Feel so tied ill and cold today :-((. so im giving up for 4 weeks at least....

Does anyone wanna join me or support me?? ive picked a bad time as my grans funeral tomoz but im determined xxxxx

I gave up for 2 weeks but had a little drink last night. I used to drink 2 or 3 times a week not a lot - but its amazing the difference and really helped with the weight loss. A lot of people call alcohol liquid fat.

Good luck xxx

dryads said:
I gave up for 2 weeks but had a little drink last night. I used to drink 2 or 3 times a week not a lot - but its amazing the difference and really helped with the weight loss. A lot of people call alcohol liquid fat.

Good luck xxx

Thanks.... I feel stale. Im goin to go home and think about why i drink and find other things to do. Im going to join an abs blaster class i think xx

No problem - the times I know I would have a drink I replaced the drink with a diet drink or a cuppa.

Ok im not an Alchi just drinking when bored or stressed with my terrible 2s toddler. Im a single mum and drink about 3 times a week usually a lil bottle of wine last(mini ones) or a beer. Not tonnes but last night i had four!!!!!

Feel so tied ill and cold today :-((. so im giving up for 4 weeks at least....

Does anyone wanna join me or support me?? ive picked a bad time as my grans funeral tomoz but im determined xxxxx

Hiya

I can relate with the terrible 2's my son is being a wee terror at the moment & I really really admire you being a single Mum & dealing with it yourself no wonder you have a wee drink. Don't be too hard on yourself as you don't drink an awful lot. I'd drink a huge bottle not a mini one lol

As said above maybe drink some diet drinks instead.

Also my thoughts & hugs are with you for tomorrow, hope you get through the day ok & don't be hard on yourself if you have a few drinks. You can always stop on Tuesday.

Love to you XXX

big bear said:
Hiya

I can relate with the terrible 2's my son is being a wee terror at the moment & I really really admire you being a single Mum & dealing with it yourself no wonder you have a wee drink. Don't be too hard on yourself as you don't drink an awful lot. I'd drink a huge bottle not a mini one lol

As said above maybe drink some diet drinks instead.

Also my thoughts & hugs are with you for tomorrow, hope you get through the day ok & don't be hard on yourself if you have a few drinks. You can always stop on Tuesday.

Love to you XXX

Ohhhhh thanks hun. Yeah its hard but its all ive ever known. My family help out Sooo much n i cope. Going to be harder when i start uni in Sept...then i May be an Alchi Haha xx

Hi hun..sorry for your loss :( ill join u, well ive given it up already ( for now!) but if u need a bit of support or a chat im here :)

Sorry to hear about your gran :( x

I think that's a great challenge to set yourself. Maybe you could put aside the money you would have spent on wine/beer away each week and at the end of the four weeks treat yourself to a new top or a beauty treatment like a manicure or something :D

I think the main reason I put all the weight on in the first place was due to the drink - I used to go out EVERY Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night without fail, and I don't get drunk easily, I used to drink two large bottles of wine per night, so the weight just piled on!

I've stopped all that now, but I do enjoy a few glasses of wine on a Friday night, but now I keep a food diary where I list all my syns, and I take a look at the 40 odd syns I consume (due to the drink) on Fridays and ask myself is it even worth it???

Good luck!!! :D

lolacola said:
Sorry to hear about your gran :( x

I think that's a great challenge to set yourself. Maybe you could put aside the money you would have spent on wine/beer away each week and at the end of the four weeks treat yourself to a new top or a beauty treatment like a manicure or something :D

I think the main reason I put all the weight on in the first place was due to the drink - I used to go out EVERY Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night without fail, and I don't get drunk easily, I used to drink two large bottles of wine per night, so the weight just piled on!

I've stopped all that now, but I do enjoy a few glasses of wine on a Friday night, but now I keep a food diary where I list all my syns, and I take a look at the 40 odd syns I consume (due to the drink) on Fridays and ask myself is it even worth it???

Good luck!!! :D

Thurs-sunday Sounds like a good time to me!!! Ok I'm with you on this one guys, I had given up since Xmas but my brother got married yesterday and I'm in Spain and got really over excited about paying 0.97c for a bottle of wine that I indulged.. ALOT!!

Feeling Like a big pile of poo now and basically feel like a big lump of lard.. Sooo not worth it and all the rubbish I ate today because I was hungover!!

Anyway I'll stop complaining and join you in this challenge... Must repeat over and over : My body is a temple!!
Good luck Girlies!! X

I just find that the benefits of not drinking alcohol are so great that I list those if I feel like a drink.

I sleep better, I feel better, I am fitter, I lose weight, I have more money.

Hope today is as good as it can be for you.

hugs xxx

Hi ya,

I can really sympathize with you as my grandad died in January - terrible time.
Wish you a lot of strengh, especially at day of funeral xx
When I started SW, I did away with all the alcoholic drinks straight away. Hubbie is in HM Forces and posted away and I am on my own (well, not really as I have got two kids) a lot and I guess I had the regular pint of lager or half bottle of wine simply out of boredom.
To be honest, I thought it would be very hard for me not to touch alcohol, but it was incredibly easy - really. And with regards to the positive benefits, I agree with Sue (fillymum) a 100%.
Best wishes,
Jill x

hexe said:
Hi ya,

I can really sympathize with you as my grandad died in January - terrible time.
Wish you a lot of strengh, especially at day of funeral xx
When I started SW, I did away with all the alcoholic drinks straight away. Hubbie is in HM Forces and posted away and I am on my own (well, not really as I have got two kids) a lot and I guess I had the regular pint of lager or half bottle of wine simply out of boredom.
To be honest, I thought it would be very hard for me not to touch alcohol, but it was incredibly easy - really. And with regards to the positive benefits, I agree with Sue (fillymum) a 100%.
Best wishes,
Jill x

Sounds like my situation. Im not going funeral as me and my son are ill also:-((

You can do it. :)
Good start. Instead of drinking alcohol,I bought a selection of herbal and fruit teas. Now instead of wine testing, I do tea testing at night.
Hope you and your little one will feel better soon. I also hope this day will pass quickly for you. xx

I think I will join you in this one hun!

I have been thinking about this for a while now and have I am slowly drinking less! I also am not a total alchi! :eek: :eek: but I do like a glass of wine on a night and when I go out I seem to go way overboard and then the next day I get the hangover munchies = SW out the window :break_diet:

I am a bit fed up of repeating the same old cycle now so I am going to cut the alcohol out until my 30th birthday on 7th April!......and then I will be celebrating sliding (dis)gracefully into my 3rd decade = drink required :D

So, I am going to very definitely try to be with you 100% for the next 3 weeks and 3 days! Good luck xx

Katerpillar said:
I think I will join you in this one hun!

I have been thinking about this for a while now and have I am slowly drinking less! I also am not a total alchi! :eek: :eek: but I do like a glass of wine on a night and when I go out I seem to go way overboard and then the next day I get the hangover munchies = SW out the window :break_diet:

I am a bit fed up of repeating the same old cycle now so I am going to cut the alcohol out until my 30th birthday on 7th April!......and then I will be celebrating sliding (dis)gracefully into my 3rd decade = drink required :D

So, I am going to very definitely try to be with you 100% for the next 3 weeks and 3 days! Good luck xx

Yay another recruit. Im a complete idiot when im drunk. Im suprised ive never been killed or raped. Ive only been hammered 3 times since having my son (who is 2 in April/ but the quilt is out of this world. I don't need or want that xx

Sorry for your loss {{{hugs}}} ....... and also good luck giving up the demon drink, ive limited myself to once a month now :D xxxx

Day 2~ clean as a whistle xxxxx

Well done, another day behind you.

Soon you will stop counting the days and it will be second nature for you not to have a drink.

We had a glass or two of wine on Sunday evening after a long and very busy days work, and do you know, for the first time since I stopped, I would have preferred a glass of slimline tonic.

Pat yourself on the back Alfiesmum. You are getting there.

Back