giving up

suepass

Now been on this diet for two weeks. lost 2pounds first week, now put on a pound.
It is not pre-menstrual as not due until around 12th June.
Have been in Ketosis all the time. (today I am not)
Have only eaten stuff on the allowed list.
Will cut out cheese and cream. Am so fed up.
Have bought the vitamins for "resistance" and I have only lost 1cm from waist (but could have measured slightly different place)
Did vlcd for 5 weeks prior to Atkins, so in 7 weeks I have lost only 911b.
HELP:mad::cry:

Last edited:
Awk woman, I don't know why this is the case! It must feel so disheartening. have you been measuring yourself? Perhaps you're losing inches. There is a section in the book that advises on those who seem to be resistant. It's harsh but it might do the job.

Awww hunni, don't give up, maybe it will all happen at once and you'll get a big loss! I can't give advice on CD as I've never done it but you need support so thought I'd give some. As Black Rose says ~ maybe you're losing inches so take some measurements and see.
Give it another couple of weeks, if you have a counsellor person that weighs you, talk to her see if she can give you any help or advice. Have you anybody close that you can confide in that will support you, tell you not to give up?.
I'm sure I don't need to tell you that the forums will support you, I only joined yesterday and just flicking the the various posts the support is here for everybody regardless of what type of weight loss you're doing!

Thanks all.
Am going to stop the cheese/cream.
Am off on holiday Friday- so this is the worst time for the diet to fail.
I am so angry, I am going to dig my heels in and not give up. The flab is going and that is an end to it!!!

I lost 7lb in the first two weeks and then put 8lb on over the next two weeks. I was devastated! Then I learned about cheese being a staller and dropped it. Yep! I started losing again. I now don't bother to weigh either. I just go by how my clothes feel and what people say when they haven't seen me for a while. :D
Stick with it. It really is worth it.

How do you feel though? Have you noticed a difference in how you feel day to day while on Atkins?

Kieran

x

I lost 7lb in the first two weeks and then put 8lb on over the next two weeks. I was devastated! Then I learned about cheese being a staller and dropped it. Yep! I started losing again. I now don't bother to weigh either. I just go by how my clothes feel and what people say when they haven't seen me for a while. :D
Stick with it. It really is worth it.
Thanks Leanne. Am so glad I can relate to you.
Have just had streaky bacon, egg, leaf salad, mayo and a baby advocado,with a few pork scratchings. does this sound OK

BTW - I ask how you feel because even though at times my weight/measurements stay the same, I still feel way better than when I was eating before doing Atkins. Even if my losses would near stop completely, I would still eat this way.

Hope you see some losses soon, I know it can get you down a bit.

Hi Suepass or should I say kindred spirit. OK so neither of us have had a huge loss like others, but that's OK we're getting there. Don't throw in the towel yet, let's get through this one day at a time. I'm rooting for yer gal!

kieran,
did not mean to ignore you I was just so peed off. I feel OK and not as fat as before. I sleep better too.
Ransh- Thanks am glad I not the only one having a difficult time.
Have restocked my cupboards. Only a few days worth as off to Lanzarote on fri 3rd June. will be sooooo strict with myself for the next few days and hopefully an ounze may come off!!

It will, you'll see. :) And you'll have a great holiday no matter what - don't let your weight get in the way of your enjoyment!

Don't leave us! Don't give up! Also look for stalkers. Mine were Atkins bars but cream, cheese and citric acid are also common

Have a wonderful holiday x x

Sent from my Nexus S using MiniMins

Back