Glasses or contacts?

Neither if I had the choose ;) but having to have the chose to make my life better in the lecture rooms it will have to be glasses. I have a phobia about eyes and don't like to put anything in them (not that I do that regularly, haha)

I have appalling eyesight (-4.75 each eye)

talk of appalling eyesight, try -10.50 in each eye! :( I have needed glasses since I was 6 and my prescription got steadily worse at each 6 month check up. I couldn't wait to get lenses and as my prescription was so high they let me have them earlier than usual, so Ive worn contact lenses since I was 12 (14 years this year) and never looked back!
The freedom from glasses was amazing.
I was always very insecure and was bullied throughout my school life and the milk bottle lensed glasses certainly didn't help that!
I couldn't imagine life without them now, and although I am slightly more confident wearing glasses now (but only because the thick lenses are hidden in the chunky frames!) I won't go out in them, unless maybe just to the shop. Im terrified that if I wear them to work or something that something will happen to them and I will get stuck (literally as I certainly couldn't see my way to safety) wherever I was.
I agree with others that say to maybe try a different style of glasses, changing my frames made a big difference to my confidence with glasses and a different frame can change your look completely. x

Last edited:
Back