Go Lower

yeh im orderin my into box 2moro(7 day box) an am gonna start it next monday.after that im not sure whether 2 go for a programme or 28day box??i like the idea of the dtox but u get ur food reduced an still have 2 pay the same price.oh,decisions,decisions.

Hi All, I did see the intro box online but it didnt really make it clear what it was. I take it this is the 7 day box, does anyone know what it comes with. I asked the lady I spoke to about the quanity getting smaller over the 16 weeks and she told me it works out more expensive to do the 28 wk box every month and you get the extra support with the programme, I have her calling me back tonight as I have so many questions lol I think I may ask her about the week trial, im really going to miss my coffee and squash lol but with 4 stone to loose I have to make some sacrifices :) Although I know I couldnt do it with the shakes I think I can give this diet a real go.

yeh im orderin my into box 2moro(7 day box) an am gonna start it next monday.after that im not sure whether 2 go for a programme or 28day box??i like the idea of the dtox but u get ur food reduced an still have 2 pay the same price.oh,decisions,decisions.

I dont think you get any less on the detox weeks, you still eat the same in the following weeks, just that you get a bit more variety and different treats. Will be interesting to see what you get in the trial box.

I had a chocolate nut bar for my 3o clocks. It defo had nuts in but im not sure about the chocolate... hum... it defo didnt taste like it had any in. Im feeling very full anyhow so thats got to be good, i was worried about feeling hungry. But ive still got such a head ache from the no caffine :cry:but my 8 glasses of water :)

i think its the 3rd month wen u get food reduced cuz they r helpin u maintain so they give u half the recipes an u have to get the other half.im only gettin the intro box for now cuz got loads of bills 2 pay.will have 2 then decide which programme/plan to do.

Morning all, yes you can have decaf coffee, I'm having mine just now. I was told to be careful if you are drinking a lot as milk does contain carbohydrates, I have my first cup with full fat milk and then have unsweetened soya for any milk for the rest of the day.
On the plan they make the payments more affordable if you pay monthly and reduce the amount of food towards the end of the programme when they want you to start cooking yourself, I paid upfront so I got a discount (which will cover the credit card intrest lol) and felt that I had to do it.
I wasn't very keen on the chocolate nut bar at the beginning but it tastes loads more chocolate now. I had a couple of pumpkin seeds yesterday and they tasted sweet! Its wierd, they said your taste buds would change and they totally have. Have you found this caroline? I have to add some water to the sugar free volvic now because its too sweet. Xx

Oh totally - it's like my natural tastebuds have come alive. Apples actually taste nice! Alas, doesn't mean I don't like the sweet stuff unfortunately hehe! But don't eat as much bad food as I used too.

I find the sugar free volvic has a really weird taste. I know I shouldn't but I happily drink coffee, tea and diet vimto - coffee in particular is the one thing I really enjoy and decaf is okay but I love my one cup a day of the real thing - Columbia brew that could keep an elephant up all night hehe!

The programme does sound interesting - I don't get the support or membership with the box although I can ring them whenever I need anything. I'm happy with the status quo.

You know what I find really odd - broccoli. I used to hate the stuff but now I can't get enough - when fresh and cooked just right, it tastes sweet! I even found myself liking the sprouts from hell at Christmas. Perhaps Gillian McKeith does have a point - keep eating it and you learn to like it hehe!

I love broccoli, always have done tho. My new fav veg is def celeriac tho, its just like potato I think. I had curried celeriac chips last night with my beef bourg.
Going to try and find a low carb recipe for pancakes for tonight and have my cream and strawberries in it. I had unsweetened soya milk with my clusters this morn so I could have the pancakes. Xx

Afternoon all,

Well i cant wait to start tasting the chocolate in the bars. I got some decaf teabags today and might have a little brew with my 3oclock snack bar. I felt really sick this morning but once I had my breakfast I felt alot better. I like the breakfast, just had it with milk this morning, going to try it with yougart and some berrys tomorrow... can I have strawberrys?

I felt sick and tired right at the beginning but it passed and then started feeling great. This is the healthiest I have felt in years.
I have cream and either strawberries or raspberries with my breakfast, I sometimes put the berries in the cream the night before and mash them up a little bit and leave them overnight then you get all the flavours mixed through. Just check the carb amount in your yogurt as some can be higher than others. Xx

Hello everyone

I have just ordered the 7 day trial box, you have all inspired me to give it a go, thank you! It sounds perfect for me, I have 8 stone to lose and are really looking forward to starting, you make it sound so easy.

Hey kj and welcome to the group. It really is a good plan and it is easy to stick too. Let us know what you think once you get your trial. Xx

I love broccoli, always have done tho. My new fav veg is def celeriac tho, its just like potato I think. I had curried celeriac chips last night with my beef bourg.
Going to try and find a low carb recipe for pancakes for tonight and have my cream and strawberries in it. I had unsweetened soya milk with my clusters this morn so I could have the pancakes. Xx

Did you manage to get a receipe for the p/cakes? I did make some on Sunday so I didnt miss out, but im having to make some more tonight for the kids. :(

I had some bacon crunch today and wow they are lovely, i like them more than crisps! But u really do have to have strong teeth :D to manage them.

Hi JK, looking forward to hearing what you get in your trail box...

H x

go lower emailed me a recipe for pancakes if anyone is interested. Of course there's only 45 mins left of pancake day so have probably offered too late LOL

yeh they emailed me bout the pancakes too.jus wondered how long it takes for the food 2 arrive??i have jus ordered the trial box.think im gonna do the programme after.do u think they wud let me pay fortnightly??

yeh they emailed me bout the pancakes too.jus wondered how long it takes for the food 2 arrive??i have jus ordered the trial box.think im gonna do the programme after.do u think they wud let me pay fortnightly??

I dont think i have my email reg'ed with them so I didnt get anything? I bet I wouldnt have any of the ingredients in anyhow. I think if you order mon-thur before 12 it arrives the next day, if you order before 12 on Friday del is monday or after 12 it would be Tuesday. My parcel arrived via city link and normally our village if first drop so i got mine really early. I pay fortnightly, but they do only send the 14 days worth of food, so I will get another delivery next week of my last 2 weeks of detox. They said it was monthly payments but I asked and they were okay, I think they use paypal to take payment so no direct debit to set up.

Im feeling very sick this morning and although I slept 9 hours still very tired and the headache is back.... going to take a few painkillers before work.

H x

Hello kj2s :D Hope your box arrives today. It is easy in the sense of no big real thinking involved and no calculations here and there. But the temptations are still the same. Mind you, it does help that the food tastes good hehe

It's supposed to be next day delivery or the day after - I've found them to be pretty good even if I order in the afternoon. My only complaint is that Citylink deliver at 7am haha :p

Oh dear jellibabe - take it this is the caffeine withdrawal :( Or carb withdrawal :( Take it easy and hopefully you will feel better soon. This is why I refuse to give up my coffee - I can't bear the pain!

Got fennel tonight - not 100% sure it's a low carb veg but it's not a starch containing one so figure it's okay. Going to roast it so fingers crossed it turns out okay or it will be no veg for me hehe!

Got the pancake recipe myself but couldn't be bothered going to get the flour and eggs - I never was one for baking.

Hope you all have a great day :D

hey did the fennel turn out Caroline?

My boss has just joined up to the programme today, he is doing the 12 weeks aswell and he asked if I got anything for recommending him, so we are both getting £10 worth of food! I did say I would preffer a mars bar tho :)

Ive been so tired all day and not really hungry, but I am craving something with a little more bite to it, not so much sauce. I think I might have a little look round for a chicken or beef receipe not in a sauce for a little friday night treat. The kids are away all weekend so its going to be a test for me, i would normally go out with friends for meals or drinks, or get a take out and chocolate. Is it normal to go off the rich food in the packs while i feeling like this?

The fennel was a disaster - never again hehe! Better raw.

Woohoo, £10 worth of food is good :D

I love chicken thighs roasted with peppercorns and garlic - yum! My mouth is so watering now hehe!

I've got the veggie chilli for dinner with green beans. Been out shopping hence I'm really hungry.

I get fed up of the food after a while which is why I switch to Diet Chef sometimes - it's a different style of the same kind of thing - diet in a box. But even then, there's something about the packs that starts to get to me.

With 9 stone to lose it's easy to get bored!

Do you find you miss the "habits"? I miss my typical Friday nights - not sure if it is the food or the routine - Fridays were special nights, now they are normal, if that makes sense.

Back