Go Lower

i normally hate beef but i got a sample thru the door.the beef in thyme gravy was lovely.i was impressed.i read in a magazine that go lower food isnt very tasty but i thought it was.lets hope the rest is.hi caroline,do u think go lower is better than diet chef ?? an welcome to jellibabe.gd luck

Hello Jellibabe - cute username hehe! I think you basically need to buy some frozen berries so you can defrost them and put them on the granola, a load of green/white veg and full fat milk and natural yogurt if you want that on the granola. Think that's it. I personally just love the granola with a handful of mixed berries and no milk.

Covkirst - good morning - how you getting on? Hard to say if it is better than DC as it is different. I prefer the Go Lower food to be honest as it is not quite as rich as the DC stuff, and the ketosis angle is an added bonus. DC contained potatoes in some of the meals and allows more fruit. It really depends on what you fancy I guess. Right now, Go Lower is suiting :)

Wow, the magazine said it was not tasty - hmm, they may mean the nut bars and granola - no denying they are perhaps not OTT on the tastebuds, but I've found them a great re-educator in that department. I think we get so overloaded with sweet stuff that when we eat something naturally sweet it tastes of nothing - now I can taste the coconut in the coconut bar, the chocolate creme bars are incredibly sweet and a nice treat. Bit like giving up salt I guess - after a while you have a meal with salt in and wham, yuck! hehe!

Hope everyone is doing good today :D

WOO, Our little group is growing. I LOVE the Beef in Thyme Gravy!! So good with some celeriac mash and a bit of broccoli.
I think Caroline has answered everything.
What meals have you tried Jelli? Covkirst do you have your trial pack? Hope everyone has a great day. Xx

Morning all,

Thanks for the info Caroline. Really, full fat milk? I shocked! I thought i was going to have to move to skimmed. I have given up my coffees and tea today so hopefully the headaches will be over by Tuesday when I start the plan. One thing im a little concerned about is the days im out of the office and dont have a kitchen to warm up my meals, im only ever out every other week and would normally carry a sandwich...

Bigbum - I have tried the beef & thyme gravy.. i think this must be there most popular meal and this is what they send for the trial. I also had the meatballs. How is ur day going today? what do u have to eat today?

Hi All

Just wanted to ask a couple of questions about the go lower diet, I have been thinking about trying W8 but am worried about shakes full time keeping me interested lol I just had a look at the go lower website and am interested but do not understand how 1200-1500 calories can get great results when im failing at the moment on a strick 1200 a day diet and lots of exercise. Im starting to think my body has reached a point and wont ever go any further :(

Hi Mummyem

Go lower is a little different as because it is high protein low carb you go into ketosis which means you don't get hungry - there are snacks on it as well for if you do want to eat something but I find it much easier than a traditional calorie controlled diet.

All
I don't know I drop out for a few days and we have a gaggle of go lower people all on the diet - that's fabulous.

I choose to give it a break for a week (went in for an op and to be honest just had other things on my mind) but as of tomorrow I'm back on it with all you lovely people.

I'll have about a stone to lose I think (not got on scales for last few days so difficult to know for certain) I'm planning on 4 to 5 weeks of being a little angel and hitting my goal weight in time for end of march.

I'll officially weigh in tomorrow and let you know how I'm going - I'm also going to set myself a fitness challenge

So great to have so many people on board to keep us honest and motivated

Look forward to getting to know you all

After my few weeks of pretending to follow the diet and then a week of not even pretending I'm back and viewing today as day 1.

My target date is 8th April when I fly out on holiday for a few days so by my maths that's 6 and a half weeks to lose at least 1st 2lb preferably 1st 6lbs (it's going to be very tight!!)

Weigh in this morning was horrible but i probably needed the shock of being 5lbs heavier than I thought I was to really get me motivated and boy am I shocked and therefore motivated.

I've also set myself a target of travelling 100 miles on the treadmill - I have a treadmill at home and use the one at the gym. I also use other equipment at the gym and in fact when i go only spend 10 mins on the treadmill but if I have this goal in mind which gets me to the gym then every time i'm there I'll also be using the other machines as well which is just "upside"

I'll officially weight in every saturday morning. Good luck all and looking forward to the journey with you all

Lou
x

Covkirst - just saw you question re ketosis and muscle loss - yep, ketosis does protect muscle so you should burn more fat. It also means you lose a lot of water weight too as ketosis leads to loss of water so make sure to drink enough :)

Lou - hello :D 5lbs is easily regained and should be easy to lose - it's probably mostly water from the increased carbs. Fingers crossed you can keep that target.

I was a bad girl lastnight - binged on Chinese, felt terrible afterwards but today is a new day and I'm not letting my bad decision hold me back. I can redeem this week if I'm good from now on :)

*hugs* to all :D

Thanks Caroline - i know you're right it's not physically possible to put on 5lb of fat in 3 days and I did go a bit mad yesterday having a little bit of everything I wont be able to eat for the next 6 weeks (why do we do that to ourselves and make the first week so much harder??). I've been a good girl today - had my granola with raspberries for breakfast, pea and ham soup for lunch and a couple of babybels and some chicken as a snack. I'm looking forward to my pork milanese with leeks for tea and that'll be day 1 over. I'm not back into work and the office until Tuesday so hopefully by then I'll be in ketosis and I'll feel less bloated.

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend

Lou
x

evening all,

Lou - Good luck with ur fresh start. I had a couple of days like you have, just eating things I wont get to eat starting next week, i have stuck to the no coffee or tea tho and I have a dreadful headache, really hoping it clears by Tuesday because by the sounds of things Im going to have a few days of feeling a ill... What we do to slim!

I did my shopping today, i got some nice green veg, milk and then food for the kids. I think it might be difficult to cook for the kids and not eat the same as them so thinking i will spend a few hours tomorrow making them some meals up for the week and then they can have ready meals just like mummy!

My membership must of cleared with golower now because I can get in the members area on there site now, do you get more receipes than whats on there when u get to the end of the plan? i like the idea of the swop as well.

Lou - Good luck with ur fresh start. I had a couple of days like you have, just eating things I wont get to eat starting next week, i have stuck to the no coffee or tea tho and I have a dreadful headache, really hoping it clears by Tuesday because by the sounds of things Im going to have a few days of feeling a ill... What we do to slim!

Caffine withdrawl is probably the worst part of the diet - I'm lucky I don't drink caffine so I don't get those withdrawls just the carb ones.

The carb withdrawls aren't too bad - you get a mild headache and sometimes can feel a little sick but it soon clears up and once you're in ketosis you'll feel great.

I had a good day yesterday and have woken up with a small headache but nothing that's not manageable with a couple of pain killers and lots of water.

Hope everyone has a great day

Morning all

Half 7 this morning my box got delivered so ive deceided to start a day early. I have got mushroom soup for dinner. Still got a really bad headache for the no coffee and drinking lots of water. So I weighed in this morning at 12st 9lbs....

Hi All
Going to get my order in today for Go Lower, Im not sure if I should order the month plan or 16 week plan as suggested. I have 4 stone to loose :( and am only working part time as i have 2 small children so do not want to sign up to a 16 week plan to find it doesnt work for me. Would you recommend I do a 28 day plan first? Thanks

Good Morning everyone, Wow, we have a nice little group going now.
Welcome MummyEm, I signed up for the 16week and so far its going brilliant, I complete my first month tomorrow and fingers crossed I have made the stone. The good thing with the programmes rather than the plans is they have a detox period so you are on the lowest carb meals to get the best weight loss at the beginning. (Saying that tho the 28 day plan gives you more variety right from the beginning.) I chose the 16week so I was commited - after spending the money I feel I have to do this.

I didn't have a chance to get online over the weekend, I had a night out and decided to take the car so I never ruined all my hard work on an alcohol binge. Felt brilliant waking up after a night out and not feeling rubbish so I took advantage of the nice-ish weather and went for a walk and wait for it...I braved the swimming pool for a bit of granny swimming. Totally knackered me but I felt quite refreshed after and had the best nights sleep!!

Lou glad your back, 5lbs will be easy to loose, most of that will just be glucose & water stores in your liver (I think thats what it is anyway?). Xx

Morning MummyEm,

I jumped striaght into the 12 week plan, thats what they recomended for me. I think that you will see better results with the longer plan because of the detox you start with, but if your insure about the food maybe just try the trail pack, i think its about £15 but you get that back if you join up.

Im on my soup now and im loving it, its lovely and thick, i think im going to like this diet...

Well done with the swimming, its great excersie! And no drinking on a night out is fab! Keep it up!

H x

Thanks, they are calling me back tonight so ill ask my 101 questions then go from there, are you allowed no added sugar squash on this diet, not sure if I can loose my coffee and my squash lol :)

Let us know how you get on. Yes, its no squash, just water. But I think you can have the touch of volvic but I cant remember if its the no added sugar one to avoid or to have... maybe you could asks tonight... 102 questions :D

Hey, its sugar free volvic touch of fruit. Xx

Welcome MummyM :D

Don't they do the 7 day trial box anymore?

Let us know what you decide :D

I think the idea is to avoid artificial sweeteners but I admit to the occasional hot diet vimto :p

You do get used to unflavoured water but it can be an initial struggle.

Back