Go Lower

fantastic loss lou1973 an u didnt even have 2 exercise.i hope i do well in my 1st week.i start on monday.im a bit sceptical cuz its a high fat diet but its based on atkins an every1 says it works so i luk forward 2 my results.i cant believe i can actually have mayonnaise,i love it.cant believe im gettin so excited about mayo.ive missed it so much tho.keep at it lou!

you'll both do brilliantly - the first few days can be a bit of a nuisance as you go through carb withdrawl but stick with it and when that wonderful ketosis feeling hits you'll stop feeling hungry and breeze through it.

If i could give one piece of advise it's don't cheat - that throws you out of ketosis and makes it hard to get back on track (my big mistake).

Let us know how you are getting on and can't wait to hear about everyones weigh ins

Woohoo Lou, what a fantastic loss :D

Karen - you do get used to it, although it may take a while. It's so worth it :)

Mayo - isn't that heaven lol Full fat mayo tastes so much better than the low fat stuff.

You both sound like you are doing well :D Good luck for WI.

Hi I'm doing the Cambridge diet at the moment but I am seriously thinking of moving on to Go Lower, has anyone else done this too!
I had forgotten how badly my stomach gets affectd by having no roughage in my diet, are any of you suffering with being unable to go to the loo on Go Lower?

hi caroline - i moved from CD to GL - I didn't lose any weight for the first 8 days whilst by body got used to food again but then it started dropping off.

I'm prob not the best person to advise on roughage issues as I have problems regardless of what i am eating and live off dulcolax

Will say thou I find GL much easier than CD and the weigh loss isn't that different

WOO HOO!! Well done Lou, thats a great start to get back on track.

Jelli hows your weigh in?

Kj what foods have you tried so far?

Good luck for today covkirst.

Xx

Morning bigbum,

So far I have tried the Pea & Ham, Mushroom & Broccoli & Blue Cheese Soups, Sausage Casserole, Beef Bourginon & Chicken Chasseur.

The only thing I haven't liked is the broccoli & blue cheese I couldn't stomach it at all :cry: but I expected that because I don't like blue cheese!
I had a couple of slices of boiled ham and cheddar instead, was that ok, or should I have missed the meal?

Thanks
Karen x

Hi kj, ham and egg is fine, you can have a green salad with prawns or that as well. Its better to have something to eat rather than missing a meal and I would normally pick something high protein. If you miss meals your body can go into starvation mode which you dont want to happen because this can then slow down your metabolism.

Woo caroline4013, thats great news that you are thinking about joining. Go Lower is quite high fibre which should help with movements. The only negative thing is in the first week or so whilst your body is adjusting you can be rather windy, I spent the time hiding away from people, ha ha, its totally fine now. Xx

Can you advise me on the best way to go........
Do I order a trial pack or commit to 12 weeks or what, I would be interested to know what the rest of you have done (i have already tried one of the meals that I was sent and liked it) Did any of you have any regrets about food ordered?

Morning all,

My laptop is in for repair at the moment so only internet at work.

So this morning I weighed in at 12s 1lb - thats 8lbs off!! yippee! :D

Well done Lou!

I went to the pics on Saturday and resisted the popcorn and just had a diet coke. I had eggs and bacon for breakfast yesterday which was a nice treat and then :( a piece of chocolate cake... it was my nieces birthday and I had made the cake so couldnt really refuse :( but I still lost so im happy :D

Caroline, i joined up the 12 week plan but I am thinking now that it would of been a better idea to do the 28 days because you get food everyday unlike the last few weeks of the plans. I have to be honest, im struggling to get excited about the food because its so rich and I have no appetite at the moment but I assume thats because im now in ketosis.

Well done Jelli, thats a great loss and don't worry bout the chocolate. You could try adding some more protein and not having as much sauce if you are finding it quite rich.

I signed up to the 16 week after having a free sample. The good thing eith the programmes is if you don't like something they will exclude it from your other deliveries. The 28 day you get sent everything and then you are stuck with it all I think. Xx

Great 1st week Jellibabe, well done! I can't wait till my 1st weigh-in now :D

Karen x

brill 1st week loss jelli.thanks for the gd luck big bum.well my starting weight today was 11st9.4 im hopin to get to 11st7 by the end of the week.i was 12st3 but lost 8lb with diet chef but im gettin bored of diet chef now.well,it was my 1st day 2day on go lower an im likin the food.well,i didnt like the broccoli an blue cheese soup but jus ate it quik 2 get it out the way.hope i have a gd result by monday.

Morning everyone, Weigh in day and another 3 lbs!! I know it has to slow down but this is great! I made my own tea last night cause had friends round, made home made burgers and they all had them in rolls and I had it with a green salad and cheese.
How long have you been on Diet Chef? Xx

Hi all, been reading this thread with great interest. I'm just about to re-embark on a low-carb WOE. Not just to lose weight but to benefit from the energy levels I used to have and to get rid of my terrible carb-crashes that I have at 2:00pm every day when I just want to sleep. I am a serious carb addict and love nothing more than a crisp butty! Not good.

Anyway, I was thinking about doing this 7 day intro box just to kick start ketosis and then move to cooking for myself. It' s just so expensive. Actually is the into box £49.95? If it is then that works out a couple of quid cheaper per day than the 28 day plan. How strange!
The reason for using the Go Lower pack is that it will ease me back into low carbing foods without flapping about what to eat and that I usually struggle to get into ketosis. Hopefully that won't be a problem if I stick to the plan.

What do you guys think? Is the Go Lower Intro Box a 7 day plan as it doesn't say this on the website.

Thanks,
Craig

Hi Craigy, I think the intro box was a special offer for people to try the food and you could only order it once. I don't think they still do it.
I signed up to the programme and payed upfront so I got a discount.
Its amazing how rubbish I felt eating carbs to what I do now. I had always thought that to get energy you needed to eat carbs but I'm much more lively now and actually feel healthy. Xx

Hi BB, thanks for the message. Do you know what this is then? Assumed it was the 7 day starter pack but not sure

Go Lower

Might order it if it is.

Craig

It certainly does look like it, the food is really good I highly recommend, I'm having sausage casserole for dinner tonight.
When you did low carb before what sort of things did you eat, did you balance it with complex carbs or did you do full atkins? Xx

I did full Atkins but my ex-wife used to do the cooking for me (she worked part-time and loved cooking). Even so I eventually got fed up of bacon and eggs, pretty much had eggs with everything. I was good for about 18 months and then started to slip with the old one won't hurt attitude! I've never fully regained all that weight and when we split up I lost about 2 stone in 3 weeks. Stress and anxiety do wonders for the metabolism (not too good on the emotions lol). I think I've said this earlier but it isn't just the weight loss I'm interested in, I miss the extra energy and zip I have. Always feeling lethargic these days and afternoons are a no no. People comment during meetings and I want to do something about it. The only veg I used to eat really were salads at lunch (would buy low carb sandwich fillers and just add salad leaves, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes the usual stuff).

I am using the gym regularly now and work really hard when there (50 mins cardio + use the power plate, no weights). Hopefully low carbing + so much exercise will do the trick and I will look and feel healthier

Back