Go Lower

Well done for not cheating at all. I was so proud of myself when I satrted on Go Lower as I knew if I cheated it would only be myself that would feel cheated so I have stuck to it really well.

Spoken too soon, I'm afraid... this weekend was terrible. I went to a wedding on Saturday and kept really well, no cheating... then Sunday I went to a day retreat and the first thing they put in front of me when I arrived was a box of biscuits. Somehow there wasn't even a fight - I just ate. That turned into a day of grazing and eating at that place.

Monday, bank holiday, I just relaxed - well that was the plan - but I ended up eating and eating at home. Biscuits again, ice cream... WHY? I can't even tell you!! I have no idea, but feeling very very dejected.

On the up side, before all that eating I was down to 165 lbs. - down 3 lbs. in a week. That is GREAT news. Of course I have more than likely put it all back on this weekend, but I haven't weighed: next weigh-in is Saturday.

Today I'm back on and keeping with it. Thank goodness I have paid for this in advance because with anything else this fiasco on the weekend would have made me give up!!

Readingite

well done for getting back on the diet so quickly. So you went of track for a couple of days but you have got yourself together and by the next weigh in you will be losing again.

Please stick to the diet as you will lose weight as you proved to yourself last week. My loss has been great and I went shopping at the weekend and was really surprised that I had a choice of dresses to buy that fitted me.

Hopefully later today I will decide which one I want as I am dragging my mum with me. It is really down to two but I think I know which is my favourite.

Thanks Suzy... I'm indeed back on now. Bank holiday Monday wasn't good, but I did draw the line there. I very much WANT to do this!! - it's just breaking old habits really.

Great news about the dresses!! Have you chosen yet?

oh and p.s. question for everyone... do you tweak your Go Lower meals? Like, do you add cream or cheese or anything? What's your favourite tweak?

Just signedup for golower.Just a 4 week PAYG plan to start with. Need to pop to the shops so what do you suggest I get to supplement it.

So far from reading on here I've got
chicken, bacon, eggs,broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, cereliac, prawns, berries on my list

Many thanks

Readingite

Well done for getting back on track.

I do sometimes add cheese. Infact cheese omelettes are now one of my favourite meals if I don't fancy a Go Lower meal.

Yes, I got the dress when I went back with my mum last week. I also got some shoes and while trying on a pair I found a pair that I really liked and got 3 pairs in different colours, black, silver and bronze. I will not be telling my OH.

Radarjet
most fish are also an option. I like smoked salmon with prawns. Celery is another option and I think most green veg is OK. I just don't like veg too much!

I think I got a list of foods I could have with my first box of food. have you looked at their website as I am sure you will find plenty of information there.

Goodluck with it and keep us updated.

Hi. I am thinking of starting the Go Lower diet as nothing has ever worked for me in the past. I am so sceptical about yet another diet plan and really dont want to fail again.
Please tell me, does the diet really work and is it hard to stick to ?
Any advice or help would be appreciated so much. My morale is so low.
Thanks in advance to anyone who may be kind enough to share their experiences or advice relating to this diet.

Hi,

I tried this diet but didnt like the food so I have just put 3 weeks supply on Ebay if anyone is interested. Just type Go Lower and you should find my listing

I've just enrolled as a member of Go Lower, and will be starting on Thursday, I'll let you know how I get on!

If anyone is interested in embarking on the go lower plan please get in touch. I signed up to this and lost 12lbs in 2 weeks and was absolutely loving the convenience of 3 meals a day plus snacks all prepared for you. The meals take a few minutes to heat up whilst you are prepring the salad of veg as an accompaniment.

The great news for me is that I have fallen pregnant but the bad news is that I am unable to continue with a very low carb diet.

***Snip***
Rules Relating to Selling of Diet/Food Products
  • We do not allow any diet/food products to be sold over MiniMins or advertised on MiniMins via Ebay, etc., etc.
  • Encouraging people to PM you to buy diet/food products or solicting members via PM to buy diet/food products is prohibited.
  • Diet/Food product freebies will also fall under these rules, including swapping diet products.

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bumping this thread up to ask if there is anyone following this plan?

I am considering giving it a go and would be interested in any feedback or advice.

Thanks

vanda said:
Just bumping this thread up to ask if there is anyone following this plan?

I am considering giving it a go and would be interested in any feedback or advice.

Thanks

Hi there

I'm starting go lower on Monday, anyone else following the plan?

Cheers
Tracey

Hi Tracey

I'm starting Go Lower tomorrow (tuesday 1st Feb), as soon as my order has arrived. Would be great to buddy up and keep each other motivated. There doesn't seem to be many new posts re this diet.

How are you getting on?
x

slim4summer said:
Hi Tracey

I'm starting Go Lower tomorrow (tuesday 1st Feb), as soon as my order has arrived. Would be great to buddy up and keep each other motivated. There doesn't seem to be many new posts re this diet.

How are you getting on?
x

Hi there

Yeah it's going good, on my second week and a lot easier to get off the bread and potatoes, thought I would need therapy, lol.
Everyone is on the forum, ask gl for your log in, there are lots of support and answers to question.
I lost 5 pounds on my first week and for someone that doesn't like veg I'm doing well.
Am happy to buddy up with you.

Tracey

Hi all, new to the forum. I started Go lower 1.5 weeks ago. My first thoughts were "yet another fad diet, which ill only manage for a couple of weeks and then get desperate for nice food and give in". But I lost 12 pounds in week 1 and hope to lose similar in week 2. Definitely in ketosis, checked with wee stick. The nice things so far are, 1. most of the food is really nice, 2. dont have to think about what to cook, 3. Ive found its actually a bit cheaper than what I was buying at supermarket (especially if you count meals out). Ok so bad things, 1. very small portions, 2. hungry about half of time, 3. sorry but, gurgling guts and regular trips to the you know where. My wife is not complaining about this at all so something must be not agreeing with just me. Anyway we are going to finish the month and decide whether to do another or try to just continue a low carb diet.

chris

chris_111 said:
Hi all, new to the forum. I started Go lower 1.5 weeks ago. My first thoughts were "yet another fad diet, which ill only manage for a couple of weeks and then get desperate for nice food and give in". But I lost 12 pounds in week 1 and hope to lose similar in week 2. Definitely in ketosis, checked with wee stick. The nice things so far are, 1. most of the food is really nice, 2. dont have to think about what to cook, 3. Ive found its actually a bit cheaper than what I was buying at supermarket (especially if you count meals out). Ok so bad things, 1. very small portions, 2. hungry about half of time, 3. sorry but, gurgling guts and regular trips to the you know where. My wife is not complaining about this at all so something must be not agreeing with just me. Anyway we are going to finish the month and decide whether to do another or try to just continue a low carb diet.

chris

Hi Chris

Lol, thought I was the only one with gurgling guts, I've more or less had the runs for over two weeks, Kaye on the GL forum told me that it was prob my body getting used to the new foods. Have you tried the celeriac with your foods yet, if I make mash or chips with them then there really filling with the small portion of foods they give you, I also have raspberries and double cream after and I'm full then but not uncomfortably full like before.
I also recommend snacking on the jumbo cooked chicken drumsticks from marks and spencers, really nice.
Well done on your 12 pounds weight loss that's great news, my hubby has lost that much too, think this is def the best diet/lifestyle for a man.

Hope this is use ful to you,

Tracey

hi guys i've tried atkins and dukan and although they work for me i always find it hard to get home from work and prepare myself a meal.i also find that i'm strict during the week but when the wk/end comes i fall off the wagon,normally due to a birthday or general meet up with mates.this go lower diet or the diet chef looks good to me.
the go lower website says that prices start at £7.50 a day which is £210 a month :eek:

if you don't mind me asking.how much do you pay for your monthly food hampers? also what do you get in your hampers?
and does anyone know if the diet chef puts you in ketosis?

madeinengland said:
hi guys i've tried atkins and dukan and although they work for me i always find it hard to get home from work and prepare myself a meal.i also find that i'm strict during the week but when the wk/end comes i fall off the wagon,normally due to a birthday or general meet up with mates.this go lower diet or the diet chef looks good to me.
the go lower website says that prices start at £7.50 a day which is £210 a month :eek:

if you don't mind me asking.how much do you pay for your monthly food hampers? also what do you get in your hampers?
and does anyone know if the diet chef puts you in ketosis?

Hi there

I'm finding GL really good and not wanting to cheat at all even at the weekend when I used to always have a blow out. Think I paid £500 but that's for about 6 or 8 weeks, can't remember how long I signed up for. I'm actually saving money as I used to waste a lot of food but now I just buy my veg to go with the food they provide. They provide you with 3 meals a day and also snacks, as a big eater I've quickly adapted and not felt hungry. You also get to eat more carbs than you do on atkins. Not sure about diet chef but GL def puts you into ketosis. Hope this helps.

Tracey

Back