Go Lower

Have just joined the GL world and will start the day after I return on hols on 16th Aug! Am very excited as have tried many diets, have lost loads and gained again after my children arrived! Any words of encouragement appreciated as having committed to this diet, I am now terrified of failing yet again!

I'm starting tomorrow. Unpacked my box last night after work, was tempted to have dinner from it but decided to start fresh with breakfast.
I am really confident that this will work as have been doing atkins for 2 weeks while pondering over go lower and am so pleased not to have to really think about what i'm going to have each meal.
I plan to take a weeks meals with me on holiday at the end of the month - will save money eating out anyway.
Good luck.

Hello costs and advice please

Hi all
Hope you are well. I am seriously interested in GL, as I have tried various diets and find I lose best when in ketosis. I am finding it difficult to find out actual costs of GL though.They seem a bit cagey! Can anyone tell me how much it costs per month, and how much are you obliged to buy in one go? I say someone mentioned £500-I would not be able to find that up front....
Many thanks and good luck with it
Jan x:)

Hello, I phoned up a few weeks ago and it was over £200 a month, you can pay by installments but it depends on how much you have to lose. PLUS, you still have to purchase groceries with it, such as veg and etc, so the cost will be a but more.

Have you thought about Atkins ? Or doing your own low carb diet ? Or other low carb diet programs ?

Started Go Lower 28 day programme last week, and so far so good. The food is fine, tastes good and I am definitely liking that I'm still allowed cheese and protein which I love! But I also have a MAJOR sweet tooth so really struggling with wanting sweets, yoghurt, chocolate, biscuits e.t.c- I only ever ate them in small quantities anyway but not having them at all is tough. However not feeling hungry which is good and just keeping the goal in mind and that it's not for ever.

Anyone else doing this at the moment?

I too have just signed up for 12 weeks programme with Go lower and expect my pack to arrive next mid-week. Looking to lose around 2 stone.
I've done atkins/low carb over the past two years (lost two stone) but recently I've been straying a bit and getting fed up with eating same things all the time. So I hope that go lower will kickstart me again.

Hi girls,

i definitely cannot get onto the Golower site anymore.
They have cut me off....only option is to telephone and rejoin.
I would think it is because....i was able to cancel my contract.....only did six weeks and was signed up for twenty.
Because i was soo upset about not losing weight the same way as everyone else.....they decided i could cancel and only be charged for food i had off them.
I really wish it had of worked for me....maybe one day when my body decides to sort itself out....i can go back and have another go.
But for now i have no option but the vlcd liquid route....yuk!!!
I expect my hair will fall out again.....as have done this before a few years ago.
I know that if this does not work then nothing will.....until my body sorts itself out.
It should have the same results as Golower....a stone a month....but with no food......boo hoo.

I just hope that if i can get the weight off again that this time i can keep it off......NO MORE DEPO'S.....lol.

Hi,

Not sure if you are still about but if you are please can you let me know how you were able to cancel with Go Lower?

Last edited:
My only advice to anyone wanting to do Go Lower is to try it for a month at first. I say this for two reasons the first being from what I have seen on the forum yes you do lose weight but not a stone a month as advertised and once you agree to 12, 16 or 24 weeks you CAN NOT cancel.
I'm not sure if you were told this as I was not and too be honest if it agreeded with me then it would not be an issue but if you sign up and it does not agree with you then it is near impossible to stop, so think carefully. I am not wanting to discourage anyone as there are plenty of people who have successfully lost weight and continue to do so with this particular programme, I just want you to know what you are signing up for.

Good luck

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is on this diet...I'm on my forth week and finding really hard!
I don't really like the food, only the dinners...I really dislike the soups - I've been eating eggs and cheese for lunch...

I signed up for 6 months...I'm not sure how I'll keep it up...but as I can't cancel it I'm just trying my best :(

Is anyone also having problems with it???

Back