Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Goal weight clothes anyone?

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by KookieDoh, 27 May 2010 Social URL.

1. KookieDoh

KookieDoh Ugly duckling going Swan.

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I went and got myself a lovely dress from the Pearl Lowe range at Peacocks and it is just gorge. One problem. It's a size 12. Currently my size 20 frame will not slip into it but that's okay, I didn't buy it for now. I got it for later.

I also won some free t shirts recently in a competiton. I discovered after I won they only went up to size 16 so I asked 12s again.

Has anyone else got clothes to slim into?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SammyE

SammyE Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.38%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Yes... my wedding dress! lol well it was a copy of a designer dress I want and it was on ebay so I bought it, it was only £50 so not a huge amount, now when I went to cheat I get the dress out and look at it, hold it up against myself and look in the mirror... then I dont want to eat bad food hehe.

I probably wont actually wear that dress as I will get a new one as this will be grubby after me getting it out so often but its doing a good job at making me determind.

4. Ria.

Ria. Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(23.05%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    My Own
    No, but this is because of 2 reason.

1 - im a student so dont have the money to spend on clothes i cant wear

and

2 - i personally dont see the point, i would love to be in a size 12 but i have a large frame so who is to say even when i get to lighter weight i will fit in it, also i think it would make me feel depressed that i cant get in to it rather that determined to get in it.

Im sure it works for other though

5. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

I have some old stuff that I want to slim back into, thats a size 14. If I go smaller, great, but I have the stretched skin of a woman who had 3 large babies (Separately, not at the same time!) and has been huge for most of my life, so Im not optimistic!

6. xxtannyxx

xxtannyxx i will be slim

Start Weight:
    33st1lb
    Current Weight:
    30st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(9.07%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I currently where a size 32!!

But i still have all my smaller clothes from when i lost weight before(size 16-18)

now and again i pull them out and dream about getting in them again!:eek:

I feel its great to have somthing like a smaller size clothing item for us to look forward to!!:D

7. Rigby

Rigby Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(15.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    When I started losing weight back in January I had clothes I wanted to slim down for, but they were things I wore two or three years ago (I've always been bigger than I should be but put on a couple of stone over the past two or three years). I now pretty much fit into everything I already had, but last night I did order a pair of shorts two sizes smaller than I am now, so they are something to aim for.

8. QueenOfTheDamned

QueenOfTheDamned Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(10.12%)
    Diet:
    exercise and healthy eating
    i've got clothes from when i was a size 18 about 5 years ago that i'd love to get back into but i wouldnt go out of my way to buy any more clothes that dont fit. for a start ive never been skinny in my entire life so i dont know what size my body will be when im 140lbs, could be an 8 or could be a 14, i honestly have no idea :)

9. londongirl

londongirl Member

I've got loads of clothes i've collected over the years whilst i've put on the weight (i'm a compulsive hoarder, can't throw anything out) so i'm looking forward to being able to wear some of that stuff again. The other week I found an amazing size 12 vintage 60's dress which I'm determined I will be able to wear in the not too distant future. I'm not sure as i've still got at least 5 stone to lose but I'll get there one way or another I hope!

J x

10. dextermummy

dextermummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(26.8%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I have a few things from when I was thinner before. My Rupert the Bear trousers (I'm sure you can imagine) are a size 14 and in the last week I have just managed to get them done up, cant breath in them mind and I 'spill' quite spectacularly over the top but the zips up so it counts! Not sure they are anything I'll ever wear out socially again, I loved them at 19 but they're a bit too quirky at 29. But they were definitely a goal.
    Another item is a short brown skirt (it's nice but unfortunately the word brown makes it sound blurgh!), again from 10 ish years ago, again a size 14 but still cant get this one done up.
    But the ultimate is a pair of Ted Baker jeans I brought from a charity shop about two years back. They were so gorgeous and only 3.99 I couldn't resist. They were a size 3 (not the foggiest, why do they have to try to confuse me?), which holding them up against other clothes in the shop I guesstimated to be about a 14. I thought fine I'll get into those one day (I was a 20/22 at the time). Turns out a size 3 is like a size 12. I've never been a size 12, not since I was about 12, but I am determined I will get in these jeans if it's the last thing I do. Already made progress, can now get them up just about but there's about 6 inches of flab between either side of the zip at the mo. I will do it!

11. Seelster

Seelster New Member

Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    I actually just recently went out and bought a bikini to help motivate myself to tone my body. It'll hopefully work, seeing as I hate spending money on something and never using it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.