Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

I've been doing exactly the same - counting the points but also thinking in SW terms. I think this is a good idea as it keeps the basic foods you're eating the same rather than suddenly gorging on bagels, crumpets, crisps and other stuff which we haven't been 'allowed' on SW. It will make the transition back easier too!

Indeed it will make the transition easier ;)

Well today I think I'd struggle to make it a SW day but its been a good day none the less!

B- porridge, milk

Snacks- pineapple, strawbs, 2 apples, grapes

D-roasted veggies with 2 tsp oil, pasta and quark. VLF fromage frais for pudding

T-thai salmon, boiled potatoes, carrots and sweetcorn

sn- tinned peaches and kiwi (possibly if I need it)

Cant believe I've managed another day :)

Things I'm liking about the old core plan:
-extra light philli
-avocados
-fruit smoothie/stewed fruit
-big bowl of porridge

Tomorrow I'm going to have a treat for my lunch: a bagel (3 old points out of my 21 old point allowance), smoked salmon and extra light philli - I'm really really looking forward to this!

Tomorrows menu- old core plan!

B- Either shreddies and milk or boiled eggs and scan bran

D- smoked salmon and extra light philli bagel (3 old core points)served with a green soup (celery, cabbage and broccoli)

T- Not sure maybe a salad with a dressing made with the two tsp of oil

sn-kiwis, apples, grapes

Ah thanks :thankyou: at the moment I'm doing ok, so fingers crossed for the rest of the week :)

Thursday -old core plan!

B- shreddies (100g) and milk

D- smoked salmon and extra light philli bagel (3 old core points)served with a green soup (celery, cabbage and broccoli). VLF fromage frais with tinned peaches

T- jacket potato, extra light philli, sliced tomato, beans and 25g cathedral city lighter (2points)

sn-kiwis, apples, grapes, 1% milk coffee

Weekly points used 5
Weekly points remaining 16

And just out of interest if this menu was SW, it would be roughly HA HA milk HB cathedral city lighter, HB extra light philli, shreddies 18syns, smoked salmon 2syns, bagel 11.5syns. Wow, not an on plan SW day!

I'm not feeling hungry on this plan at all and actually feel like I'm doing my own personal plan as it suits me. BUT, we'll have to see if I can stick to it all week and if it results in a weight loss on monday too. Then I might make some decisions about my SW/WW future :)

I know the cereal is the one thing that could become my downfall so I need to tread carefully! I did lose 1.5stone on ww back in 2007, which is actually more than I've lost on sw before (strange but I'd not thought about that before). Not sure if I'd be good at the ww that exists now though, I might have a think about joining in some way at some point.

I lost 1.5stone (in 6months) and then the week later we moved away. I went to a group a couple of weeks later, had put on and then got disheartened. I think alot was going on with moving and new job too.

Difference with the first 6 months was that I went with a few friends, so I think that helped too. I think with any plan I get greedy and also I get rebellious, but very frustrated that its always slow. BUT, do you know what, even knowing those things does help going forward.

I'm really hoping for a loss this week, to give me a boost and a bit of motivation :) I'm certainly feeling good at the moment!

Did you have any more thoughts about a simply filling day ?

Here's Fridays menu:
B- shreddies and skimmed milk

sn-banana, apple

D- avocado salad, tsp oil, squeeze of lemon

sn-grapes and strawberries (my treat for not fainting after blood test ;) )

T-quorn bolognese (1/2 tsp oil), jacket potatoes, 25g cathedral city lighter (2 old points)

sn- possibly some tinned peaches but more likely a skimmed milk latte

Points used: (Thurs: bagel 3, cheese 2. Fri: cheese 2)
Points remaining: 14

Surely that loss is coming - you've had an amazing week!!

Interesting about you resting on your laurels a bit and getting greedy and rebellious. I think that's definitely the case as you get more familiar with and less challenged by the plan. That's why I thought I needed a change too.

I'm still not sure about doing the healthy and filling plan - you can't have shreddies on it only shredded wheat which is fine, but I do think I'd miss having proper cheese and because I'd have to point everything not on the list I wouldn't have so many points to spend at the weekend. There didn't seem much point in doing it when I could have the same foods on SW and also my hex's. I think this is a case of me wanting to change but not being prepared to do what I need to do - so how much do I really want it?! That's one for me to ponder anyway!

Well done on the blood test - you were very brave! Hope the results are all good when they come through. Have a fab weekend x

Yes, I noticed the absence of shreddies and avocado on the newer list. To be honest I'd rather keep shreddies and avocado and give the ww bread items a miss..... so possibly its swings and roundabouts.

Sounds wierd but I am really enjoying the 2 tsp of olive oil a day - ha ha :)

Here's todays food:

B- 1/2 a bagel (1.5points), scrambled eggs with 6g of utterly butterly (0.5point) and smoked salmon. Sliced tomato. A pear

D- Pasta with roasted tom/courgette/peppers/onion (2 tsp oil) with quark and extra light philli (is this also missing off the new list ? I think it maybe!)

sn- shreddies (I had them after my lunch :D so I think really I should point them!) 85g = 4.5points hey not too bad.

other snacks- strawberries, nectarine, grapes, banana (all if necessary)

T- quorn bolognese and boiled potatoes or wedges

Points used: (Thurs: bagel 3, cheese 2. Fri: cheese 2. Sat: 1/2bagel 1.5, utterly butterly 0.5, shreddies 4.5)= 13.5
Points remaining: 7.5

Last edited:
Wagamama points ready for tomorrow:
Yasai Chilli Men 9
Yasai Yaki Soba 12
Saien Soba 9

Cant quite remember which is which so will check out their site now :)

Sundays food:

B-shreddies and skimmed milk

sn-kiwi, pear, nectarine, grapes, banana

D- noodles, veg (& oil)

T- ??? dont know yet, not hungry :eek:

Well we couldnt get into Wagamama as it was so busy! We went to a noodle bar elsewhere and since I have no idea what the points would be I've counted my dinner as free and taken that as my daily oil too (it didnt seem oily at all but you never know!). Then treated myself to dark chocolate coated almonds, probably 50g max as I shared a 100g pack with hubby. Again I have no way of knowing these points so its not good for me to even stress about them, other than say thats all my remaining points gone :) So thats what I'm doing!

Points used: (Thurs: bagel 3, cheese 2. Fri: cheese 2. Sat: 1/2bagel 1.5, utterly butterly 0.5, shreddies 4.5, Sun: dark chocolate coated almonds 7.5?)= 21
Points remaining: 0

Weigh in tomorrow- fingers crossed :)

T- was pasta with roasted veggies (will have to count 2points for the extra virgin olive oil).

Suffering from some fake hunger this evening.... probably because its weigh tomorrow.

I've had 2 nectarines, 2 camomile teas and a bowl of forest fruit with yog!

Wow, I'm shocked - I lost 3lb :D:D:D

I called this my target but will need to let my regular consultant know so she can put it through the system...... this gives me a bit more time to doubt if its right to call this my target !!!! I've lost 10lb all together and its taken ages but feel totally confident of keeping it off :)

Celebrated with an innocent pot and a bagel with choc philidelphia :)

:happy096: :worthy: :clap: OMG - That's FANTASTIC!!! Heavens girl, WW has certainly worked for you!! Amazing loss and I'm sure you can keep the weight off - it's stayed off this long, you can definitely do it! Honestly, I couldn't be more pleased that you've finally got the big loss you deserve and got into target territory.

What happens now then, are you just carrying on with WW core to lose a bit more or are you maintaining? What's the master plan?!

Ooh, you must be so thrilled :D xx

:thankyou: Beegee! I'm relieved to have had a loss, first real one in a good while.

I'm carrying on with core this week. Back to class on monday to collect my target bits and then taking a few weeks of not going to class (will see if I can lose about another 7lb on my own, without paying SW), will then return to class and reset target to 7lb lower.

OR..... will continue with core this week, return to sw class on monday to collect target bits and then just see how it goes (possibly wont be losing any more but at least setting my target on the high end of where I want to be gives me the option of resetting it if I do happen to lose more).

In the long term I'm thinking of 1 week core, 1 week SW. Will give it a whirl after this second week of core :)

Tuesday ww core plan:
Drinks:
Clipper Green Tea with Nettle and Peppermint
Clipper Green Tea with Nettle and Peppermint
Clipper Green Chai Tea
Clipper detox
Clipper detox
Normal Tea (cups) 1
Water (litres) 1.5

Food:
Shreddies (large bowl) + milk
2 apples, 1 pear, 3 kiwis
Pasta with quorn Bolognese
Forest fruits with l/f greek yog (small tub)
Egg and wedges, peas. Also had a portion of pasta bolognese from lunch time as I was hungry while waiting for tea to cook!!!
hot chocolate (3points)

Points round up:
Points remaining = 18
Points used = 3

Last edited:
Back