Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Hmm its a tricky one isnt it! though as much as i hate interviews id be inclined to go for it anyway and treat it like a practice run for the actual job/place that you want, not sure id say anything to the interviewers beforehand about it not being in the right place as then they might retract the interview? but if you just go in as normal and then see what happens if you dont get it you could ask for feedback on your interview and any areas could then be worked on for when you get the interview for the right place and then if you do get the job you can just tell them that you have decided that its not the right place for you.

big decisions for you anyway but try not to worry too much about it ((hugs))

I am rubbish at this kind of stuff, what do you do? Are both jobs within the same company? In general i think it is always better to go for an interview and maybe end up turning it down but getting the practice then not doing it.

Well, I'm going for an interview, its the week after next (phew) and I wont actually be able to take the job as there s no pay increase and it would be a train journey away (£900 a year to pay for that) so in a way would be taking a pay cut... I cant do that!

Today has gone ok:
B- 2 pears, onken yog
D- leek and pot soup, M&S sushi snack pack (and another one later! 1/2 a syn each so 1 syn alltogether).
T- wedges and chickpea curry (HB), highlights hot choc (5syns), 2 meringues (5syns)
snack- 2x 28g red leicester cheese (HA HB), grapefruit, clementines, a small salad of cucumber, radish, onion and radish. Latte (HA)

Last edited:
I lost 2lb :) Very pleased and determined to keep this off and lose more next week (this might not seem like a challenge to alot of people but with putting the same pound on and off for the last few weeks, for me its a big deal!)

well done! thats a great loss and im sure you'll be able to keep it off if you continue the way you have been x

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

So let's make a plan to keep it off and lose more next week you can do it, you just need to keep your eye on the short term.

1) Make fab meals you love with very few syns in meals

2) Keep off the scales

3) Really fill up on free food

4) Enjoy yourself

Gosh that sounds bossy :) But I really want you to succeed. And i know you can do it.

Teresa

Thanks both! Jane I hope I can keep it off, I do feel like I've overcome the yoyoing just. Teresa your key points do ring very true as things that will definitely keep me on track. I'm putting lots of effort into thinking of nice things to eat. You dont sound bossy at all, besides its advice thats very much needed and well received :) so thank you !

Here's today:
B- raspberries and vlf fromage frais
D- cauliflower cheese soup (HA for cheese), carrots and cucumber sticks
T- veg stir fry, noodles and 3 points worth of thai sauce (amoy straight to wok)
Snacks- 2 fibre plus bar (2xHB), ryvita minis from multipack (4syns), baileys in a coffee when we got home (25ml = 4syns, yes I measured it), apple, pineapple, canteloup melon, 2 options hot choc (4syns)

Total - 15syns
Walking 20mins at lunch, 25 mins after work.

Last edited:
sounds like youve had a great day today! hopefully you have passed the yo-yo stage and it'll be losses every week from now till you get to target:)
hope you have a great day tomorrow x

Thanks again both, your positivity really helps me :) :) :)

Cauliflower cheese soup was a quick made up recipe, I'm sure there was a recipe on the SW site but it was late last night and I just felt like making it up!

I boiled an extra large cauliflower in boullion stock, then when it was just tender, I drained off about half of the stock into a cup and used a hand blender to blitz the remaining cauli and stock. Then when smooth just add back some of the reserved stock till you get the consistency that you like (I like it pretty thick!). Next add grated cheese (I used 84g of low low cheese, so 2 HA's) and stirred it in, making 2 large servings. Black pepper and salt can be added to your taste. It was pretty yummy for lunch in my lovely food flask :)

If you havent tried it - options hot choc sachets, the hazelnut one is fantastic ! I stirred in a white choc one with my raspberries and fromage frais and then put a hazelnut one on top - oooohhhh very much ferrero rocher taste :D

mmmmmm that soup sounds lovely might have to give it a try for lunch soon:) its made me crave cauliflower cheese though! i might have to search for a sw friendly recipe x

Friday 22nd - thank goodness its Friday !!!

B- 2 pears, vanilla onken yog, fibre plus bar (HB)
D- cauliflower cheese soup (HA)
T- innocent mexican sweet potato chilli and brown rice (4.5syns), vlf fromage frais and options hot choc x2 (4syns) and even more later on (2syns)
Snack- veg stir fry from yesterday (0.5syns for thai sauce), pineapple and melon, 28g red leicester (HA), fibre plus bar (HB), quorn peppered beef slices (free)

So far, so good :) 11 syns for the day.

Last edited:
yeah thank goodness its friday indeed:) looks like youve had a great day today, the innocent mexican thing! was it worth the syns? where did you get it from?

Innocent veg pots are in the chiller cabinets of supermarket, there are a few different ones and they are all packed with veggies (2 or 3 of your 5 a day) and beans and sometimes brown rice, it was lush. I also liked the thai curry one which was only 4 syns I think, that was even better to be honest:

img_thai.jpg

img_sweetpotato.jpg

They are all on the innocentdrinks.co.uk website and are all lovely!

They are a bit higher syns on red, but on extra easy and green they are well worth it :) Just double checked and the mexican veg pot with brown rice is just 4.5 syns rather than 6.5! Off to edit my diary :)

oh they look nice especially the mexican one now that its only 4.5syns:) now that ive seen the photos i think ive seen them in tesco so will give them a try me thinks lol

Back