Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Today went well in the day time but not so good in the evening..... I took my dog out for 30mins walk when I came home from work, before going out I had a quorn lemon and black pepper fillet (7syns) as I was really hungry. I'd planned on having the stir fry that I would have had with the quorn later on but I didnt fancy it! I had a small bowl of cereal instead (finishing what was left yesterday) and now this evening I've had a few funsize mini bags of maltesers.

Today was meant to be back on plan. I'm not giving up on myself though, I can do it! I will do! Come on Gobolino, just do it!

Here's to tomorrow :)

I gained 1 lb, so not too much damage to put right by next week. The last few days there has been too much sugary things and not enough body balance classes for me! Thats what has put me in a downward spiral. So i've identified the problem and now need to set about solving it.

The other thing which I notice quite often is.... I'm very good at surviving the times that I know will be difficult, eg christmas, a night out, family staying. So I'll plan really well to get through these challenges BUT even though I can manage that particular time without a gain/going off plan...... immediately afterwards I'll go off plan! Its happened so many times, there's definitely a pattern, so next time I have something that I plan like mad to survive I also need to have an after-event plan too :)

Not too bad at all so a loss by next week and you will still be down on the month.

How clever to identify how you sabotage yourself after getting through difficult times on body optomise is there a place to do sas logs? These may help you.

Have a great day

Teresa

Hi Teresa

I can find the SOS logs on body optimise, so yes, I'll definitely take a look at those.

Today is going ok, but I've still got such a hunger all the time!

B-raspberries and yog,
mid am- wholemeal roll (HB) and banana
D- veggie soup (1.5syns), 2 mini packs of m+s sushi (1syn)
afternoon- raspberries and yog, orange
T- veggie stir fry, followed by rice pudding (HA+5syns per portion....I'll either be having two portions or I'll stick to one portion and have a quorn lemon and black pepper fillet (7syns) - not sure yet)

I feel that I'm on the verge of going off plan, but so far things are looking ok :)

I second everything Teresa's just said! this is our week all 3 of us to turn it all around and end the month on a high. hopefully you havnt been tempted by anything too naughty maybe you could make some more soup in your slowcooker?

why dont you try doing a mini challange this week to keep you focused like a water challange or you could join teresa and me on the scan bran challange EEK! xx

Thank you both, we can do this! I'm increasing my speed foods and water and I do have scan bran pretty regularly so fingers crossed for a good week.

Here's Thursdays menu - 29th October - Extra Easy Day !

B- boiled egg and 4 scan bran (speed) (HB, but 1 still to eat!)
D- veggie stir fry (packed full of speedy foods) and hot smoked salmon fillet, onken vanilla yog
T- prawns (speed) with sake (2syns), wasabi (1syn), 1 tsp garlic oil (2syns), spring onions (speed), lime. Served with brown rice and 3 griddled courgettes (speed)!
Snack- melon, milk in tea (HA), pud after tea -banana with tablespoon of maple syrup (2.5syns), aerosol cream (1syn)

Total syns=8.5syns, surely that cant be right ??!?? I've managed a day on plan :)

30mins walk

Last edited:
thursdays menu sounds great with loads of speed foods, i think i need to look at the amount of speed foods im eating too.

hope you have a great weekend x

Thanks Jane - you too, hope you have a great weekend :)

In the slow cooker today I have:

1 Butternut (BNS) squash, diced
3 large carrots sliced
1 onion
1 tin of chickpeas
2 tins of chopped toms
100g red lentils (rinsed)
23g (just over a tablespoon) of curry paste pataks garam masala (3syns)

Chop the onion and dry fry in a pan until softened but not browned. Add the chopped BNS and carrot to the onion and cook for about 5 mins, then add the tinned things and lentils and heat through, then pop it all in the slow cooker. I'm cooking it on high for 4 hours, but it could go for about 8 hours on low.

Saturday 30th October - Extra Easy (I think) - edit: no its green !!

B- 2 tablespoons of brown rice and onken vanilla fat free yog
Sn- melon
D- veggie soup (1.5syns), rice pudding (HA+5syns)
T- BNS curry (1syn) with a small portion of brown rice, 20 jelly belly sweets (4 syns), 75ml wine (didnt fancy any more....2.5syns)
sn- 18g walnut pieces (HB), 2 alpen light bars (HB), piece of cheese 42g (HA)

Total syns = 14 syns
Walking = 30mins with my dog, most of the afternoon around the races with hubby!

Did well today, didnt have anything off plan to eat or drink at the races. When we came home our friends popped in, meaning that I couldnt eat tea when I was first hungry, so I had some alpen light bars and a piece of cheese on plan and then we had tea when they left. Pleased that I kept it together today :)

Last edited:
well done for staying on plan today! and i love the sound of your BNS curry, i love BNS so will definitely be giving that a go through the week i'll just need to buy the squash as ive already got everything else so thanks for the recipe x

Glad you like the recipe Jane, if you like it spicier I'd say to add 2 tablespoons of curry paste, but then you'd double the syns too!

Ummmmmm so did I say I wouldnt weigh in today ? I've just stepped on the scales and I'm 12 stone :) I'm going to update this on my signature. Normally my end of month weigh in would be the last weigh in of the month but seeing as that was TOTM I'm going to take today as WI and hope it keeps me on track till wednesday and beyond !

Well there's another slow cooker veggie soup on the go today!

Here's todays menu: Sunday 31st October - Green Day

B- quorn sausages, eggs, beans, potato waffle (2.5syns)

D- Giant Couscous with roasted veg (this is a bought one from The city kitchen, Kerry Foods ltd, syns online says 18points which I find really hard to believe, the only addition other than the couscous or veg is oil.... so I'm calling it 12 points ouch! and HB for the oil.... will double check the syns again later) I hope its nice!
EDIT- this wasnt very nice, so I just had 1/2 of it - 9 syns ! I think it was the size of the couscous made me think it was like frog spawn, anyway not worth 9 syns :(

T- veggie soup (1syn), meringue (2.5syns), aerosol cream (2syns), banana, vlf fromage frais, onken fat free yog, free lemon curd

Snack - 5 jelly belly beans (1 syn), 2 Fibre plus bars (2xHB), milk in tea (HA)

Walk- 25mins

A few too many syns, but bit of a strange day with the hour difference, not really sure when my meal times were meant to be......might have a piece of HA cheese before bed to keep me away from the jelly bellys !!

Last edited:
Thank you ;) I'm really hoping this is a turning point and I can continue losing, I see no reason why not! My plateau has lasted all year and I think the key for me has been keeping a diary, having your support on here and joining body optimise too. Today has gone well, just need to edit what I've had now.

Mondays menu:

B- scan bran (HB) and banana, 2 quorn sausages
D- brown rice and butternut squash curry (1 syn)
T- veggie soup
snacks- milk in tea (HA), clementines, carrot sticks ?, fibre plus bar (HB) - not too sure yet.

Well after my discovery of veggie-friendly sweets, finding that jelly belly beans had no gelatine, I picked some up in tesco. Checked out the syns and they were 5 sweets for 1 syn - pretty good I thought.

BUT, I've now realised that we picked up the cheaper version of these sweets by The Jelly Bean Factory. Just to double check I just checked the syns on these and they are 1/2 a syn per sweet - ouch! I've been eating 5 for 1 syn :(

Oh well lesson learnt. I have to say I dont usually eat sweets. These are great though because there are 36 varieties and each sweet needs to be picked, analysed for its colour, checked out on the sweet menu and then eaten and a decision made about if it lives up to the flavour its meant to be. Maybe I need to get out more !!!!!!

ha ha at least your putting some thought into the sweets that go into your mouth, i dont like jelly beans but if i did id just be shoving them in and getting random sometimes not nice flavours.

well done on your end of month weigh in! ive not done that ever lol so do you weigh and record that as your EOM WI then WI as normal on wednesday? i had a sneaky shot on the scales yesterday morning and id lost 1lb so i might update that as my EOM wi then?

thats quite high for the cous cous dish isnt it? and then it wasnt even nice:( its hard sometimes with sw to pick things off the shelf and accurately tell the syn count :(

heres to a great monday! x

I have taken your bs curry for tomorrow nights tea, and put it all in the slow cooker ready. Good thing you checked the jelly beans, i cant believe you get 5 for 1 syn of the good ones.

Back