Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

We have all gone very quiet hope you are ok Gobolino. Will you weigh in again tomorrow or wait until next wednesday.

I had 3 rubbish days followed by 3 1/2 great days 2 extra easy and yesterday and so far today has been SE so i am optomistic for a sts tomorrow.

Teresa

Hey Teresa - good to 'see' you. I managed to get on the computer for literally 5 mins yesterday and noticed you've not posted, but I didnt have a chance to catch up on here in the evening as I had a friend to stay. Thats great that you're back on plan, we all have off days for whatever reason and the more important thing is that we can turn it around and not turn it into a bad week. Again, I'm sure the more I practice getting back on plan the better! Good luck for weigh in today. Have you had your second class yet ? What do you have planned for this week ?

Jane, hope your sneaky peak turns into a real loss for you this week. Basically for the monthly weigh in, I use the last wednesday weigh in as the value for the end of the month and then use that also as the start weight for the next month. This gives me a better look at how I'm doing, as you may have noticed on a week by week basis I yo-yo! This week, I delayed the monthly wi till the actual end of the month, just to give myself a break and be good to myself!

Teresa32UK- hope you enjoy the BNS curry !

I've not been around as in a shocking turn of events late monday afternoon, my line manager recommended that I go for the interview (the one that I decided not to go to!). So I went for it on tuesday morning. Had a really busy day yesterday and then had a friend to stay last night so its all been a bit busy. I've accumulated some time in work so I'm actually off today :) :) :) Having my hair cut and hubbys off too, so thats a nice treat!

Happy to report my loss of 3lb this week. Managing to stay on plan but not enough time to post my menus :( Will be updating my menu later and catching up on your diaries after my hair cut :D

So did you weigh in again today ro using sunday's weigh in. fabulous whatever i am so excited for you to get into the 11s do you know we have 7 weigh ins before christmas. Tonight is my second group and I am going to be asking my members to make a christmas wish (many groups have done this already but mine haven't) I am going to encouraging them to aim big for a loss between 7 and 14 pounds. My wish is to lose 4-5 pounds (depending on today's weigh in !!)

Enjoy your day off and hope the interview went well even if you don't want the job.

Teresa

wow! well done on your weight loss youve done fantastically well to get into the 11's. normally would be saying im keeping my fingers crossed you get the job but since you dont actually want it? i wont lol

hope you have a great day today, ive had a major blip and have decided that i need to join the class that runs tomorrow morning so my weigh in days will now be on thursdays but im still in the gang lol x

Hi both, thanks! I'm excited too I cant wait to be in the 11's (not quite there yet, but sooooon). Jane, good luck for your class tomorrow :) Teresa your class sounds good, now I'm thinking what would I wish for....... I dont know why but I'm quite surprised there are still 7 weigh ins before christmas! I'd really like to lose 7lb by then, which should definitely do-able. I'd like to be at 11stone 7lb by Jan as I will then join a class to get to goal - this is the big plan :)

Hope you both have a good day! I forgot to mention, my neighbour had a baby on monday night and ended up with a C-section, so I'm spending the rest of the day making some home-made ready meals ready for when she's out of hospital. Should really make plenty for ourselves too, I need to get cracking with it !!!!!

Sounds like a good plan and very doable half a stone by christmas and to start a class in january.

How nice of you to make some meals for your friend. i lived in california for a while and they had this new mum's clubs and whenever anyone had a new baby everyone would make one casserole for the new member so you would get loads of ready meals, such a good idea .

New mums club sounds like such a great idea :) We enjoyed making some food for our friends, plus we got to see the baby too! Between us we made:
lasagne
sausage, red onion and bean casserole
chunky veg soup
leek and potato soup
apple and sultana crumble
wintery root mash with buttery crumbs
Result!

Here's my menu for today:
B- yog, apple, banana, milky coffee (HA)
snack- apple
D- BNS, carrot, lentil and chickpea curry (1syn) with 4 quorn sausages, 5 jelly beans (1 syn)
snack- 2 quorn sausages
T- root mash (syns for sour cream & cant believe its not butter, HA for grated cheese, HB for breadcrumbs), not sure of the syns or if these are whole portions of healthy extras but I may work it out one day as its such a lovely recipe! I'm having this with baked beans. Apple and sultana crumble (HA for apple, syns for crumble).

Bit of a busy day, 30mins walk and lots of rushing about! Enough syns for today I think!

Last edited:
Thursdays menu:

B- yog, apple and raspberries
D- leek and potato soup or veg soup
T- BNS curry (1syn) and brown rice
snack- melon, clementines, banana, possibly milk in tea (HA), HB's will come in somewhere, maybe some walnuts or prunes ? Syns will come in somewhere, possibly a pudding of some sort after tea (meringue with vlf fromage frais).

hope youve had a good day today!, between you and Teresa your giving me too much food choices for tomorrow, teresa had mentioned bns soup today and it made me think about making it tomorrow and now ive came over here and see that youve had bns curry lol ........oh what to make? lol

Hope you've both had a good thursday ;) Oh possibilities are endless with BNS :)

Here's today:
B- apple, raspberries, yog
D- leek and pot soup, cottage cheese with scan bran (1/2HB)
T- wholemeal bread (HB), 28g cheese (HA) and beans, 2x hot choc (4syns) mixed with vlf fromage frais, with 2 meringues (5syns) and cream (2syns)
snacks- melon, pineapple, banana and scan bran (1/2HB), milk in tea (HA), 15 jelly belly beans (3syns)

Total syns = 14 :)
body balance :)

Friday 5th November - green day
B- banana and 2 ryvita (HB)
D- soup, melon, pineapple
T- BNS curry (1syn), rice, vlf fromage frais with finely grated lemon rind, meringues (5syns), cream (1syn)
snack- apple, milk in tea (HA), 10 jelly beans (2syns), 6 maltesers (3syns) with colleagues in work :)

12 syns so far, feeling a bit ropey tonight with an earache :(

Hubby has popped to the supermarket so I've put an order in for fibre plus bars, I wonder if he'll find them. If he does I'll be having 1 for my second HB ;)

Last edited:
Saturday 6th November

B- porridge (HB), milk (HA), apple

D- possible picnic ??!!?? In other words we're off on a walk and we're taking nibbles.

T- really fancy sw chips, so I'll have to think of something to go with them :)

snacks- alpen bars (HB) mid way on our walk

Hello - hope you are feeling better again! I'm all ok now, I have no idea what the earache was all about, it felt like I had water in my ear and it was very heavy but today its fine.

Todays menu:
B- porridge, milk, apple (HB, HA)
D- carrot sticks, pickled onions, veg soup, 2 alpen lights (HB), small coffee with baileys (3syns)
T- sw chips, beans and quorn escalope (7syns), fiendish fancy (5syns), followed by 28g cheese (HA) on an apple
snacks- 3 crackers (3syns?), 1 meringue (2.5syns) with fromage frais, 1 normal alpen (5syns), also 1 pimms 50ml (4syns ?)

Wooooah far too many syns. Walk for 1.5 hours.

I'm trying to educate hubby that I eat differently to him now, so for our picnic I tactfully took soup and veggies instead of seeded white bread cheese sandwiches. However in an attempt to not go to tesco for something for tea tonight (quorn sausages), he suggested I had the quorn escalopes that he bought reduced for me yesterday. Since we are trying to save whatever money we can I felt that I had to have that. Its difficult sometimes! But obviously no excuses for the other things I've eaten. Anyway, whats done is done.

I need some help in chosing between class and body optimise again! Basically my subscription will end on the 8th December and then I can choose to extend it for 3 months for £45 or I can choose to go to class and I guess it'll be £4.95x5 for a 6 week countdown. I'll be totally honest and say that the two things I dont like about class is all the waiting around which I dont have the time for and also the fact that it'll be at night (unless I find a sat am one) and I'll feel that I have to eat/drink lightly for that day (daft I know and I also know that if I do the same each week I dont need to fall into this trap). I dont want to let those reasons get in the way of me reaching my goal. I really am unsure what to do for the best! Any ideas ?

i think going to class works out slightly more expensive than body otpimise so on that basis alone then id tend to go for online but in my current situation i find it easier to find £5 every week than it is to find £45 in the one go if that makes sense? its funny because ive got the same mentality about evening classes as you do and would practically starve myself on weigh night so im glad that ive got a morning class this time or i might have been considering saving up for the body optimise.

just go with what you feel is right for you to do, going to class means that you get a support network rather than being on your own but youve got us and the rest of minimins for support so i guess not really gaining anything by going to class......though Teresa might say different lol xx

Yes I am coming from a different place so I would say go to a group. After your first group there is no need to get there at the beginning of weigh in although it is a great time to meet new friends and exchange ideas. You can get a 12 week countdown for the cost of 10 weeks so 49.50 plus 5 joining fee, so is only marginally more than online and you have the support of friends and a consultant and the responsibility of standing on the scales in front of someone else. As for starving yourself all day you know the answer to that one ...although i end up doing the same.

Also if you go to class until you get to target you can then go for free !!

I was talking to my boss yesterday about men and unwitting sabotage, she ahs joined bodyoptomise inspired by me, she would come to my class but it is the wrong time for her. And she just isn't losing weight, and it is partly her husband's fault he does a fair bit of the cooking and has rich tastes so there is lots of oil and cheese and bread lots and lots of bread. He knows she is on a diet and has helath issues himself so is supposed to watch what he eats but he will cook something laden with oil and tell her it is healthy oil so it doesn't matter and serve it with bread and real butter !!

I suppose i am lucky in some ways that my hubby neither shops nor cooks !! LOL and only sabotages me with the wrong size maltesers.

I think your diary has beeen looking far more consistent recently and think in situations like the quorn one you may have to then acept that as your treat and other treats have to go or trim down on the syns for the next few days. Do not let it derail you it was 7 extra syns not the end of the earth :)

Have a fab sunday,

Teresa

Hi Both

Thanks for your ideas about body optimise v class. I'm still not sure what I'll end up doing, but I have got another month before I need to plan it. Also I think there is a new class starting in Jan, just down the road from me which would be good, so I'll be factoring that into my decision.

This weekend has been a bit up and a bit down, up as we've been for a nice walk and picnic yesterday and a spa at the local leisure centre today. But down as its come to light that hubbys finances are not what I thought they were. This impacts on my planning for starting a family and pretty much reveals why Mr Gobolino doesnt. Its upset me and I've had a few wobbles as a result food wise.

Anyway, here goes todays menu:

B- Egg, beans, potato waffles (5syns)
D- 1/2 pasta n sauce, lots of broccoli and sweetcorn, 28g gruyere cheese (HA), florentines (9syns), (this is where it starts to go wrong...) a tub of glace cherries (I'm calling this my B choice but I know full well that it isnt and I'm only cheating myself), jelly beans (Aldi own make 4 beans per 1syn).
T- free tea, SW chips and beans followed by melon and apple

I'll be drinking lots of water this afternoon to try to readdress the balance, I'm also getting into the housework!

Also forgot to mention, my class was cancelled today :( Grrrrrr will have to put more effort into the housework today and in the classes next week !!! I'm still positive and I'm going to do this, this time, that free sw membership will be mine :)

Back