Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

It did go well Beegee, thanks - I lost half a pound :) I think it would have been more but my h/m rice pudding was very yummy last night and my portioning for that was quite rough!

So tomorrows menu:

Wednesday 4th Jan

Breakfast
A beautiful porridge using 35g of oats and milk from 375ml milk (I'm loving these new weights and measures!)

Dinner
veggie curry (1syn) and rice

Snacks
2 boiled eggs, carrot sticks, 3 clementines, apple, possibly a banana, 2 HiFi lights (HB), another HiFi light (3syns)

Tea
Spring greens mashed with potato and spring onion, with cheese on top (HA), very nice indeedy

Pud
No pud, but I had a galaxy hot chocolate instead (5syns)

Last edited:
Just had a pudding, I made it ready for my breakfast and then thought, sod it, I'll have it now! Its what I call mock rice pudding, basically cold boiled rice mixed with yog or fromage frais and then I add sweetener and rice pudding spices (cinnamon, mixed spice and nutmeg) - yum yum yum. I'm quite content now :)

Giving some thought to tomorrows food plan:
*weetabix and milk or porridge
*veggie soup
*veggie soup for pm snack too
*small pot of fruit (red grapefruit, orange and 1/2 an apple), banana, possibly a couple of eggs again
*not sure about tea yet

Ok, thats not so much of a plan yet!

This has been one of the hungriest days in a long time! I started with 3 hifi lights before 7am and then knew it was going to be a hard day to manage! This afternoon my time of the month showed up, so thats probably to be blamed for the extreme hunger :)

Thursday
B- hifi lights x 3 (HB+3syns), 2 weetabix (HB), milk (part HA)
Sn- 2 bananas, ½ apple, grapefruit, orange
D- 2 flasks of veg soup, 50g Feta (HA), 2 tomatoes, cucumber
Sn- milk in tea (rest of HA), 2 sugar free sweets (½ syn)
T- wedges, beans and egg (edit: also had peas, pickled onion and tomato)
Sn- 3 dried apricots (1½syns), 2 prunes (1syn)

Total syns = 6 :) (I'm so pleased I've turned my healthy extra B cravings this morning into a better day)

Last edited:
My tea was huuuuuge. One very full plate:
Wedges, beans, peas, tomato, pickled onion and 2 eggs :)

Hello :) I'm glad you're loving it, I am too! Its not my first time though, but I still love it. I love piling my plate high and thinking to myself that its all going to help me lose weight, ha ha. Good luck on your slimming journey!

Well I've come to realise that I need to do a little bit of normal shopping for fruit. The yellow sticker challenge is off and we've decided to go with a minimal spend instead :) Although I did manage to get some rocket, pears and quorn chicken reduced today - hooray!

Tomorrows plan:
B- fat free natural yog, 35g post grape nuts (HB), pears
D- veggie soup, 50g feta (HA) salad with tom, cu, rocket and frylight salady spray.
T- risotto (1syn) with cheese (HB) and if I've saved enough syns all day I'll be having 1/8th of a chocolate yule log (20p!) (13syns) we'll see how the day goes.
sn-kiwis, apples, bananas

Goodness, that yule log is 'expensive' isn't it. Cake is just sooooo synful. Enjoy it though, you deserve it. Your planning looks really good.

I'm not surprised the yellow sticker challenge is a bit of a challenge! I don't often see reduced stuff when I go shopping let alone SW friendly reduced stuff. It sounds as though you're doing ok on the thrifty thing though. I suppose if you buy the fruit / veg that are on offer or in season that should work out pretty cheap. I think quorn pieces and mince are on rollback in Asda at the moment if that's any help to you - £1 per bag as I recall ...

I do end up with alot of seasonal bits which is nice :) I'm regretting the quorn chicken which has given me tummy ache..... but thanks for the info about the pieces.

I'm still debating the yule log!!! Hubby took one to work to share with people in work and I asked if he thought it was worth 13syns, he said no! But I'm still wondering. Perhaps I'll wait till its open and then have half a slice for 6.5syns :) Apart from that I've not had any syns today :eek:

Friday

Breakfast
grapenuts (35g HB), fat free natural yog, 2 pears

Dinner
veg soup, feta 50g (HA), salad and rocket, diet coke

Tea
pasta and h.m tom and garlic sauce, 30g cheese (HB)..... 56g of yule log (thats a small!!! slice), tasty but 12.5syns (to be honest I think hubby was right, not really worth it, but nice to have something treaty to keep me on track in a funny sort of way). I actually enjoyed saving my syns all day for something :)

Snacks
2 apples, 2 bananas, 2 kiwis, cups of tea (HA)

Last edited:
Time for a syns review before the weekend:
weds 9, thurs 6, fri 12.5

Total for the week so far: 27.5

Sat

Breakfast
Egg, beans, small toast (HB)

Dinner
Wedges and salad, stir fry cabbage
Yog, banana, grapes

Tea
Cheese (cheddar HA 5counties cheddar HA blue HB + camembert (6syns) and crackers (about 8 crackers = 16syns).
Tom, cu, grapes, wine 175ml (6syns)

Syns 28 syns (easily done!)

Ah thanks for the idea but I dont eat muller lights as they contain gelatin, its natural yog all the way for me :)

Sun

Breakfast
Porridge and milk (HB HA)
Apple

Dinner
SW wedges
15g cheese (1/2HA)
leafy butterhead leaves
tom and cu
yog with banana and pears

Tea
Roast veg
Bisto (2syns)
3 stuffing balls (6syns)

Snacks
3x Aldi 70 calorie bars (HB + 3syns) and another one ? (3syns)
tea/coffee (125ml semi skimmed milk 1/2HA)
Kiwis

syns= 14

Last edited:
Oh have you started planting ? I was only thinking about this the other day..... we always seem to get going a bit late in the garden, but this year I'd like to start earlier with getting some seeds started indoors. I do have windowsills and a garden. We have some little fruit bushes that did really well: strawbs, redcurrants, blackcurrants and raspberries :)

Monday

grapenuts (HB), yog, pears
bananas, apples, 2 aldi bars (HB), milk (HA)
couscous, peppers, harrisa (0.5syn), chilli jam (1.5syns), 30g cheese (HA)
chocolate 'pudding'= 3 scan bran (3syns), 12g cocoa (2syns), golden syrup (1syn)
2 sugar free sweets (0.5syns)

syns=8.5

Ooh your menus are looking so good at the moment - you're absolutely nailing it. Are you sure you're eating enough though - today looks a bit thin (insert 'concerned-mumsy-type-icon'!)

Could you tell me about grapenuts? I've never tried them. Do you get much for a hexb, what exactly 'is' it? I'm considering you to be my breakfast guru now after all the top porridge tips.

Good luck for weigh in if we don't talk before tomorrow x

Back