Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Thanks :) sticking with sw for now but just interested in how it works as might give it a try in few weeks if weight mot shifting always good to mix things up a bit x

You're welcome - I agree good to keep things mixed up!

Just being upfront and reporting another rubbish day! I promise to be more with it next week and have some diaries worth a look at :) Will be doing some cooking later on for the week ahead so fingers crossed that'll get be back to feeling like sticking with it :)

Here's todays menu:

Raspberry and apple bircher
strawberries, banana, apple
Tom soup (with tinned toms, carrots, baked beans)
Detox salad (with red cabbage, broccoli, red onion, ginger, chickpeas, 10g sunflower seeds & 25g dried apricots (1.5points total)
milk in tea/coffee
Weigh in - not looking forward to this, but I'm going! Even though its only to weigh and go!

So, I know I'm going to be out of target range. I think I'll have gained 4lb in about 4 weeks, obviously wouldnt take me long to put the whole lot back on at that rate. The immediate plan is to get back into target range. WIll know more when I get back tonight!

By the way, I'm currently also doing a food diary over on the weight watchers board as it fits in a bit better there ;)

Today looks good, well done on facing class - it can't do any harm to help you back on the wagon. So what if it's a gain - tis a mere short term blip! (that's how I'm viewing my own rather naughty weekend anyway!)

Hello Beegee!

Well I was indeed brave, and for my bravery I gained 4 pounds !!! I bit miffed as my consultant still hadnt sorted out my target that I'd set 4 weeks ago and wanted me to pay tonight and have SW HQ to refund me. Luckily I didnt have any money on me so that wasnt an option! Anyway, I have till next week to at least make a dent in the gain. I did have pizza for tea (havent had pizza for at least a year and dont know why I had to have it tonight) but tomorrow is planned, I might even throw some exercise into the mix too :)

Hope you are feeling back on plan after your weekend :) Good luck for this week!

Wow - I've impressed myself this morning, I was up before 6, to do the 30 day shred :D

Good heavens lady - that's impressive, go you! How's the food this week, which diet are you doing?! I'm suffering from pizza envy here btw!

He he - thanks! I did day 2 today so I'm 2/30ths of the way through!

As for the food, I've officially joined weight watchers now, I went to the meeting this morning ;) I'm so glad I did!

I managed to get free membership and free first meeting, so far so good. I wanted this in order to spend on a delux pack and pedometer :) I knew the prices of these by post and thought so long as it worked out cheaper by turning up in person then I'd be happy, go home and have a go all by myself.

Well, this is what happened......... I weighed, the ww leader spoke to me about what I wanted to get out of the class etc, I went along with this. Headed to the shop and managed to buy a delux pack for 14.95, this had some vouchers in which had £2 off the pedometer, which made that 14.95. So all in all I was very pleased. The leader was very nice, I sat next to a really friendly lady, the group was busy but had loads of helpers and 3 weigh in stations, then I found my neighbour was sat behind me :) All in all, I dedided I'm going to give the ww group a go !!!!!

So, I was quite surprised with the turn around in my thinking ! Only thing was, I mentioned to the leader that I used to do the core plan, she said that there was the filling and healthy plan, but to start with they like everyone to do propoints and get used to pointing things. During the talk she didnt mention filling and healthy, so first impressions are that there's not as much support for those doing filling and healthy, but we'll see.

Here's my diary for today: I'm on 27 pp

B- 50g porridge and 200ml milk - 7 pp

sn- apple, grapes, ww bar, ww oat bites - 4 pp

D- 2 wraps with tom puree, tomato, peppers, onion, 20g cheese - 8 pp

T - wholewheat pasta (4pp) with roast veggies in olive oil (2pp) = 6 pp
pud- tropical fruit salad
sn- perhaps some more milk for a latte (2pp)

The difference with weight watchers now is the 49 weekly points. As you know rebellion is the key to destruction as far as my healthy eating is concerned, if you tell me I can have X syns/points etc I want X+1 or 5 more..... so having the daily points plus the freedom to rebel and have more if I want, should be the key to keeping me on plan (Fingers well and truely crossed on that one!).

I do have one weigh in on monday with sw, this should be where my target finally gets sorted and I'm within that target for monday hopefully. As least I can keep my membership valid in case I want to return to sw (with tail between legs!).

Ooooh how exciting!! I've heard good things about WW meetings which is why I quite wanted to go to one when I joined. When I went eons ago my consultant was annoying and a bit cliquey but the basic structure was far better than when I went to SW. I hope you find your points enough. I think it will be if you use your weeklies day to day but as I was trying to save mine for the weekend it was too much of a scrimp during the week. I was told 26 points but was struggling at 29! That's where healthy and filling comes into play I think. Anyway, great that you're feeling enthusiastic and positive about it. That's always half the battle. Your enthusiasm is making me think about revisiting it again! Will be watching with interest!!

Glad you enjoyed the meeting and have all the info for simply filling as I think core is a bit more restrictive with regards to snacking and such isn't it? X

Well I'm on 27 pp and I'm finding it ok so far. I love the fact that there are the weeklies to delve into if need be and the activity points (this helps me alot in my head!).

So, Beegee I hope I'm going to inspire you with menus ( do you still have your online subscription for ww ????) :)
Icklerockerchic, I bought some chocolate tea on the weekend, the one from tesco, I have to say its a very good find - thank you :)

Sunday: 27 pp
B- Toast (3pp) with mashed banana, cinnamon and tiny squeeze of honey
sn- 2 eggs (4pp), ww oat bites (2pp), ww ginger and choc bar (2pp), banana, apple
D- 2 warburton thins (6pp) made into pizza :) -yum yum!! 40g mozarella (3pp), cherry toms, onion, peppers, jalapenos, tom puree
sn- milk 200ml (2pp)
T- 1 warburton thin (3pp) with roasted veg (2 tsp olive oil 2pp) with sweet potato and bns spicy soup (1pp)
sn- fruit salad with mango, pineapple, strawberries and passion fruit

E- 30 day shred, lots of walking (5 pp on pedometer)
pp total 28 (27 daily pp & 1 weekly pp)

Monday: 27 pp
B-50g porridge (5pp), 400ml milk for porridge and cuppas (4pp)
sn-grapes, bananas, apples
D- 2 wraps (6pp), bns + sweet pot soup (1pp), cherry toms, fruit salad
sn- ww bar (2pp), oat bites (2pp)
T- large salad of leaves, tom and cu and another pizza !!!! this time on a square wrap (4pp) with 60g mozzarella (4pp)
sn- corn on the cob (2pp) with 5g spread (1pp)

E- 30 day shred and 2 pp on pedometer
pp total 31 (27 daily pp & 4 weekly pp)

Ok, its official, I am addicted to wraps !!!!! Just so quick and simple :)

Ooh your menus do look fantastic!! You're all inspired and raring to go again aren't you.

I do still have my WW subscription. I spent a bit of time looking at it again at the weekend actually as your and icklerockchick's enthusiasm have got me thinking about it again. I still can't totally embrace it though as it would be such a shift in what I eat and how I do things - even though it's exactly what I should be doing for a kick start. I'm still making copious amounts of notes though so that if / when I do go for it I'll have the info I need.

Your menus are making it look very easy though, you seem to be making those points go a long way. It did occur to me that I could basically have cereal and toast for breakfast and lunch which would be great - 2 lots of breakfast a day!! Still thinking so will keep watching you - keep up the fab work, you're doing so well x

It's great having wraps again I rarely used them on sw didn't feel it was worth the syns! Menus are looking good might give some pro points days a try once I get into the swing of things. x

Ooh your menus do look fantastic!! You're all inspired and raring to go again aren't you.

I do still have my WW subscription. I spent a bit of time looking at it again at the weekend actually as your and icklerockchick's enthusiasm have got me thinking about it again. I still can't totally embrace it though as it would be such a shift in what I eat and how I do things - even though it's exactly what I should be doing for a kick start. I'm still making copious amounts of notes though so that if / when I do go for it I'll have the info I need.

Your menus are making it look very easy though, you seem to be making those points go a long way. It did occur to me that I could basically have cereal and toast for breakfast and lunch which would be great - 2 lots of breakfast a day!! Still thinking so will keep watching you - keep up the fab work, you're doing so well x

Good job preparing your research while you still have a subscription :) The key to making the points go far is to eat lots of sf foods, still plenty of fruit and veg too to bulk out meals!

Here's tuesday, hope to write up wednesday later on!

B-40g porridge (4pp), mixed berries, 300ml milk for porridge and cuppas (3pp), 80g natural low fat yog (1pp)
sn-grapes, banana, apple, cucumber sticks celery sticks, piri piri houmous 35g (2pp)
D- mexican innocent veg pot (8pp)
sn- ww bar (2pp), 2 x oat bites (4pp)
T- ginger chilli and lime hot smoked salmon 113g (6pp) with a stir fry of leeks, onion, pepper, baby courgette, beansprouts, water chestnuts, oxo cube, thai spice (For 2 servings I used 1 tsp garlic oil and 1 tsp toasted sesame oil so 1pp per portion).
pud- 100g yoomoo frozen yoghurt (3pp)
pud2- fruit salad: melon, mango, strawbs, grapes, pineapple, passion fruit, apple

E- 30 day shred and 4 pp on pedometer so far (walk before and after work and at lunch)
pp total 34 ( 27 daily pp & 7 weekly pp)

A semi stressful day at work as I had to give a training session! Hence the snacky things :)

It's great having wraps again I rarely used them on sw didn't feel it was worth the syns! Menus are looking good might give some pro points days a try once I get into the swing of things. x

I'm totally converted to pp, I didnt think I would be as I thought I'd be hungry but filling up on mainly sf foods means that the pp last quite well indeedy :)

gobolino said:
I'm totally converted to pp, I didnt think I would be as I thought I'd be hungry but filling up on mainly sf foods means that the pp last quite well indeedy :)

Yeh I think that on most of the simply filling days that I've had my pp would have usually covered it all then I would have my weeklies all to use on yumminess :) it's just the idea of measuring things that puts me off as my cooking method is rather imprecise I just kinda make things up as I go along lol and a meal cooked usually does several portions though my bf has larger amounts than me so makes working out points for portions a bit of a pain. Be worth it for extra points I guess ;-) x

I'm ok with weighing all my recipes. To get around hubby having lots more than me and dividing things up, I sometimes will weigh the whole recipe and then I know what a portion (my sized portion will weigh). I've got a rice pudding in the slow cooker (milk was on offer!), its a 6 pinter and is 100pp for the whole lot, which will mean I'll weigh out the whole lot first to know how many pp are in my portion :) mmmmmm looking forward to it!!!

Here's todays food:

Breakfast:
spinach omlette with 2 eggs and 20g cheese (6pp)

Dinner:
BNS and sweet pot soup 1pp
stir fry- courgette/pepper/onion/beansprouts/water chestnuts/bamboo shoots, tsp oil 1pp
fruit salad- mango, pineapple, strawbs, grapes, melon

snacks:
20g dried cranberries 2pp
10g walnuts 2pp
apples
banana
2 scan bran 1pp
300ml milk 3pp

Tea:
rocket, cu, toms
100g oven chips 5pp
wholemeal roll 4pp
133g yoomoo frozen yog 4pp
stewed pears and plums

29 pp (2 from weeklies)

E-only one short walk, in the earning part of pedometer but not actually earnt any pp yet, not likely to now either as I'm off to bed soon!

Ooh spinach and cheese omelette yum been a while since I had one really fancy one now :) x

Back