Gobsmacked!

stivesliz

Gold Member
Ok so it was my third time at my new group and I have to say I was gobsmacked tonight!!!

This is what by -

1. Lots of new members that really hadn't appeared to have even opened their books.

AND

2. The amount of people that buy things in Tescos that are labelled 'light or low calorie' , eat them and then are gutted to find out they have tons of syns.

Maybe its just me.........but I really want to give them a shake lol.

I know exactly what you mean!

There were two young girls who had joined together tonight who sat next to me talking and giggling the whole time and when it came to leave, they both moaned that they didn't know what to do!

I joined a group last night and whilst sitting in image therapy (which tbh bored me to tears) there were 2 women behind me chatting the whole time. It was so rude, and whilst I didn't have any particular interest in the chat I at least had the manners to fain interest and show some manners. They were two newbies like myself, I'm intrigued to see what happens with them next week.

well at myold group there was a woman that had been going for over a year that piped up one day in class ''are hi fi bars a healthy extra?'' and another one going equally as long asked if potatoes were free!

I pretty much know the plan inside out but when i rejoined 2 weeks ago I still reread the book!

This annoys me too grrrrrrrrrrr - I sat through IT last night - gutted as I was at my 2lb gain but still listened with interest what my C and others had to say - whilst having a quick look around the room I could see at least 3 people sitting either texting or on FB showing no interest at all.... next week at the scales it will be " oh i dont know what ive done wrong I stuck to plan" it really bugs me, when others try so hard

I know what you mean, I've moved to a Wednesday group (same C) and last night was my 2nd week and I saw only a handful of the same people that started the week before (there was at least 20 newbies!) and most had gained and didn't know y!!!
I'll be glad when January is over and it gets back to normal eg. All the newbies give up!

I know exactly what you mean!

There were two young girls who had joined together tonight who sat next to me talking and giggling the whole time and when it came to leave, they both moaned that they didn't know what to do!

Grrrrr - I hate that!!

There's a girl in my group...she's actually a friend and she needs to lose weight because she had kidney disease and will probably need a transplant the back end this year...so she needs to lose weight for medical reasons but almost every weeks she maintains or puts on weight and she says she just hasn't been 'in it' for the past few months. It really irks me and I want to say to her that if I needed to lose weight to have life saving surgery I wouldn't be mucking around! She actually had a fight with me a few weeks ago because I was losing a load of weight on SW plus counting calories... I was getting awards and she told me I was cheating.

Grrr! Yes!! A group of noobs did this at my group on Tuesday, were so rude & talked the whole way through when other people were trying to talk about their week. So rude! The thing that irked me the most was at the end of class (8.30pm) they came running over to me to ask me questions about the plan, they weren't using extra lean mince, weren't cutting the fat from the bacon, eating low fat yoghurts that's weren't free, weren't weighing their HEs, using fresh pasta instead of dried... I kept saying to go home & reread the book but I really felt like saying stop being so rude, listen to others during IT and you'll fly down the scales.

It was nearly 9 o'clock before I got home, rage! I can't believe people do this at other groups too, I couldn't believe the rudeness!

Grrr! Yes!! A group of noobs did this at my group on Tuesday, were so rude & talked the whole way through when other people were trying to talk about their week. So rude! The thing that irked me the most was at the end of class (8.30pm) they came running over to me to ask me questions about the plan, they weren't using extra lean mince, weren't cutting the fat from the bacon, eating low fat yoghurts that's weren't free, weren't weighing their HEs, using fresh pasta instead of dried... I kept saying to go home & reread the book but I really felt like saying stop being so rude, listen to others during IT and you'll fly down the scales.

It was nearly 9 o'clock before I got home, rage! I can't believe people do this at other groups too, I couldn't believe the rudeness!

Oh yes the yogurts - grrrrr. Loads of people were saying last night ''well i was having activia yogurts as I thought they were free'' or ''well I had a tin of tesco light choices soup cos I thought that was free''- errrm, where exactly in our books does it say that tinned soup is FREE and also yogurt - yes most fat free ones arebut its not yogurt in general.

The best laugh ever was someone last year that had been eating loads of WW stuff thinking that the points value on the packaging was the same as syns. LOL>

You do wonder if people even ipen their book. I've beeb doing it on and off for years but I still look in my book. I can't stand the well ive put on a pound and cant understand why. It turns out they've had take a way and rubbish. Sends me to despair, I'd be a terrible consultant because I'd be too up front.

I'm convinced people think they just need to pay their money every week and they'll lose weight ...

My new group is nothing like this! Between the 3 groups on tuesday night (about 200 people) we've lost 251lb one week and 351lbs the second week! They must be doing something right!

To be fair, my consultant is completely nuts so i think most newbies spend their 1st few sessions in total shock and confusion!

My new group is nothing like this! Between the 3 groups on tuesday night (about 200 people) we've lost 251lb one week and 351lbs the second week! They must be doing something right!

To be fair, my consultant is completely nuts so i think most newbies spend their 1st few sessions in total shock and confusion!

oh our group lost plenty too - its just a few of them that caused my jaw to drop LOL

What really annoys me is the ''I gained or maintained this week so now I'm going to have loads of pizza and wine'' then they are surprised when they gain the following week as well!!!

I only joined on January 5th but I'm a regular rejoiner! The rudenss of some people shocked me. Two new members actually walked out during the new member talk! The consultant was telling them about the HUNDREDS of free foods that you can eat, one of them piped up about using fruit in her ice cream maker. When the consultant told her that she would have to syn this, she and her friend tutted and walked out!!

How can people be so rudw?

People who stay to my group seem to have a good grasp of the plan, and we do get some great new ideas from eachother. The thing that is putting me off my group is the incessant talking by 3 of the long-time members. They stay every week, so there is no reprieve. They sit and giggle, and I'm sure I'm not the only who feels like its at my expense when I'm talking to the group about my week.

They are older ladies, but act like silly girls, really annoying!

Back