Gobsmacked!

At the class I used to go to there was one particular girl who lost between 4/6 lb every week then went on about how many cakes & takeaways etc she had the c said if she didn't lose weight by following the an she didn't want to know what she ate as there were a few members struggling to lose that we're following the plan x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I just don't believe the people who say that. Surely if she could eat that amount of crap every week and lose nearly half a stone, she wouldn't need Slimming World in the first place?

Oh to be so lucky, eh?

If these are the only syns he's had then he still is official doing sw 100% so deserves 3.5lb loss

Not truly 100%. The book states it's 5 to 15 syns a day. Some people chose to save up syns but I personally wouldn't call doing that being 100% on plan.

Having been a consultant I have heard all sorts which I won't indulge you with, but I found that mostly it comes back to the fact that they don't get time to just talk in their every day lives. In group is their chance to just be themselves, not a mom or colleague etc. They get the attention by saying these things. It's hard, but good consultants can normally turn it round and make the group a more positive place so the achievers get the attention and the strugglers get the support :) xx

Not truly 100%. The book states it's 5 to 15 syns a day. Some people chose to save up syns but I personally wouldn't call doing that being 100% on plan.

Having been a consultant I have heard all sorts which I won't indulge you with, but I found that mostly it comes back to the fact that they don't get time to just talk in their every day lives. In group is their chance to just be themselves, not a mom or colleague etc. They get the attention by saying these things. It's hard, but good consultants can normally turn it round and make the group a more positive place so the achievers get the attention and the strugglers get the support :) xx

Sw do now say that you can save them :) it's been added to the FAQs on the website :)

Sw do now say that you can save them :) it's been added to the FAQs on the website :)

They always said you could though. Just that it's not recommended due to the mind games it plays with your head. Binging to then feel deprived the rest if the week is a diet, something slimming world have always said they are not. Slimming world like to recommend, they will never tell you what to do. Like with the third super free. If that makes sense xx

I have a few pet hates in groups and online in our local group too

People talking- don't get me wrong I have been guilty of whispering once or twice but not full on conversations- and i have seen someone answer their phone mid-group and have a conversation!

People who don't read their books *sigh* I read my book from cover to cover TWICE in my first week- to make sure i got as much info as possible. But you still get people who have been there months who think something like tinned fruit is free....it's in the book!

In our fb group- it seems that all it is now is a "syn request" page.....I do nudge them in the direction of the online directory so they can find out themselves.....

I get people stopping me in work too...I work in Asda and I can guarantee that I can get at least 3 people each shift ask me what the syn value of a certain item is.....i like to help but....ya know, I'm working :( our department is target driven and I like to chat but we need to get it done :\

I have a few pet hates in groups and online in our local group too

People talking- don't get me wrong I have been guilty of whispering once or twice but not full on conversations- and i have seen someone answer their phone mid-group and have a conversation!

People who don't read their books *sigh* I read my book from cover to cover TWICE in my first week- to make sure i got as much info as possible. But you still get people who have been there months who think something like tinned fruit is free....it's in the book!

In our fb group- it seems that all it is now is a "syn request" page.....I do nudge them in the direction of the online directory so they can find out themselves.....

I get people stopping me in work too...I work in Asda and I can guarantee that I can get at least 3 people each shift ask me what the syn value of a certain item is.....i like to help but....ya know, I'm working :( our department is target driven and I like to chat but we need to get it done :\

Yes. Asking for syn values of goods, invariably brings people to this site, its how i found it. Our group's facebook page is pretty good though, we do get the usual people who havent managed a basic google search, but lots of other things, people describing what they have just had, what they are cooking etc all good.

IWGW (I Was Gobsmacked When) in group last night, a new member (who started last week) took advice from 2 people in group (who had only started 2 weeks ago!!), rather than asking other more experienced members. I know that it can be a little disconcerting in your first week, so that's why at least two of us asked how they had got on or if they needed any help!! If you were that member and are reading this - I WAS SAT NEXT TO YOU!!!!!

IWGW in group last night, a member who started a couple of weeks ago said that they were struggling (they have a disability that means spending a lot of time cooking from scratch is a no-go). Someone else suggested Pasta 'n' Sauce or Sainsburys beef ravioli (someone in group said that it's syn free - I haven't checked for myself yet). The member then said that they wanted to move away from processed foods. All well and good - BUT WHAT ARE YOU EXPECTING TO EAT~??!?! Raw veg?? (Ok - I know that there are quick cook meals that aren't processed but this member seems to be deliberately obstructive. Not really asking for solutions, but looking for reasons why they can stop doing SW).

Remeber the teachings of Yoda - Do. Or do not. There is no try.

IWGW (I Was Gobsmacked When) in group last night, a new member (who started last week) took advice from 2 people in group (who had only started 2 weeks ago!!), rather than asking other more experienced members. I know that it can be a little disconcerting in your first week, so that's why at least two of us asked how they had got on or if they needed any help!! If you were that member and are reading this - I WAS SAT NEXT TO YOU!!!!!

Maybe she didn't realise how long ago they'd joined?

Ok so it was my third time at my new group and I have to say I was gobsmacked tonight!!!

This is what by -

1. Lots of new members that really hadn't appeared to have even opened their books.

AND

2. The amount of people that buy things in Tescos that are labelled 'light or low calorie' , eat them and then are gutted to find out they have tons of syns.

Maybe its just me.........but I really want to give them a shake lol.

Ive noticed that too .... My advice read read read and read again your sw bible
Ive been on it a yr but even now every month or so i have a read

My new group is nothing like this! Between the 3 groups on tuesday night (about 200 people) we've lost 251lb one week and 351lbs the second week! They must be doing something right!

To be fair, my consultant is completely nuts so i think most newbies spend their 1st few sessions in total shock and confusion!

Sounds like my consultant shes awesome ....and crazy

If you cant be arsed to read the book, at least log onto the website and use the food diary. Its brilliant!

People who don't read the book peeve me off. 'HOW MANY SYNS IN BACON' well I don't ***** even eat bacon, never have never will, but its free if you chop the fat! How do I know that, having skipped the meat sections and zoned out whenever people talk about meat? It ain't rocket science. And the book and website is there to reference - its not like you have to learn it all then put it away, never to be seen again! Its something you should go to again and again...

I'm always referring to my book/booklets and magazines. I don't go to class but know this would drive me insane.

How do people expect this will become a way of life if they rely on everyone else to prompt them

This annoys me too grrrrrrrrrrr - I sat through IT last night - gutted as I was at my 2lb gain but still listened with interest what my C and others had to say - whilst having a quick look around the room I could see at least 3 people sitting either texting or on FB showing no interest at all.... next week at the scales it will be " oh i dont know what ive done wrong I stuck to plan" it really bugs me, when others try so hard

I felt exactly the same last night (even to the 2lb gain lol)

I had my first meeting last night. This girl gained 2lbs.
Now I actually was shocked at what she said..

'Ive had chips 3 x this week because potatoes are free'

So the consultant asked if she used frylite

This girl said

'No they were from the chip shop, I used my healthy extra for the oil allowance'

The look on the consultants face

I had my first meeting last night. This girl gained 2lbs.
Now I actually was shocked at what she said..

'Ive had chips 3 x this week because potatoes are free'

So the consultant asked if she used frylite

This girl said

'No they were from the chip shop, I used my healthy extra for the oil allowance'

The look on the consultants face

Lol.

Back