Going abroad............... Honeymoon, anyone been away whilst on plan ?

angelupnorth

Gold Member
Evening all

11 weeks time and I shall be on our honeymoon ( 10 nights in Vegas with a stop over at Gatwick on the way )

Airline food is very poor nutritionally so I will try to stick to plan the day we fly out as I do not want to ruin my weight loss for food which isn't even that nice. I shall have a breakfast at the hotel ( within plan guidelines ) I will have a bar on the flight for my lunch but am unsure if I will be able to take shakes through due to the restrictions on liquids ?

If I cant take shakes I will take enough bars for at least 1 bar per day as although I will eat SOME food I have no intention of blowing the last few months hard work for 10 days in Vegas Honeymoon or no Honeymoon.

Has anyone been away and managed to not gain too much ?

You will more than likely just gain you glycogen and water retention which u can get off the week u come back you won't gain much fat really. Iv just started after havin 6 months off and only gained 5lb so I say just enjoy yourself....but when u come back you will have to be sooo strict as I had Christmas off and just couldn't for the life of me get back on it hence the 6 months break n I really regret it as id be at goal now and not panakin about my hols in 8 weeks!!good luck xx

Wow 5lb gain in 6 months is amazing, well done. I just want to get a good balance of some food and making sure I don't fall off the wagon x

Just try eat protein rather than carbs but I can honestly say in the 6 months iv eaten everything......wasn't watching what I ate or anything so I'm confidant when I get to goal I will be able to pretty much maintain xx

I've never tried to take a shake on a plane but I've taken sachets on holiday and taken a shaker thing (plastic container which has a small whisk inside to stop lumpy bits) and used it for lunches/breakfast..

Hi!! I have been a few times to Portugal and Cyprus and have always taken the shakes in my big bag and on the hand luggage I took bars and was never stopped. I am not sure about the US but would imagine as long as you don't take liquids on the plain in your hand luggage it should be ok.
Xx

Essex11 said:
Hi!! I have been a few times to Portugal and Cyprus and have always taken the shakes in my big bag and on the hand luggage I took bars and was never stopped. I am not sure about the US but would imagine as long as you don't take liquids on the plain in your hand luggage it should be ok.
Xx

Thanks, I will take a few bars in bag and deffo a few shakes in my case. I feel so much healthier on plan and don't want to feel sluggish. I'm not sure how available healthy choices are in Vegas lol x

I oboé what you mean, I was in Lisbon 2 weeks ago and managed to keep on track and on the last day had a cake as a treat. Came back and went straight back on the diet and still lost 5 pounds so it is possible. Vegas will have loads of temptations but sure there will be salads I guess.
Have a good time there!
Xx

Hi I just been in Vegas and la took bars everyday both in case with shakes. I low carbed had bar breakfast salad for lunch and a nice dinner with no carbs.

I drank wine rather than beer

End result 4 pound gain 3 days home weigh less than before this was a 2 week holiday.

Back