Going away for 3 weeks?

Discussion in 'Diet Chef' started by PurpleButterfly, 1 April 2009 Social URL.

1. PurpleButterfly

PurpleButterfly 16lb to go!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.6%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting plain and simple :)
    Just wanted your thoughts really. I'm going back to my parents for 3 weeks from saturday.
    I have enough DC packs to take back with me if I want to. But I would have to carry all of those packs (and make room in my suitcase, already full with ++ textbooks, stuff for my rats which is quite bulky, and my clothes).
    Do you think I should just do it by calorie counting and leaving out bread/pasta/rice when I'm there? What would you do?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CarolineM

CarolineM Stubborn and doing it

I'd calorie count and do as you have suggested unless you have a car to carry it all in.

May make it easier to fit in with any socials, etc. too.

4. PurpleButterfly

PurpleButterfly 16lb to go!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.6%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting plain and simple :)
    Haha! I was wondering what you were doing in these waters..

Well the diet is basically calorie counting anyway. Although the calories you get in the packs are supposed to be low-GI, if you see what I mean. It wouldn't be difficult to get back on it as long as I stay in the mindset! They even say you can have a day off packs, as long as you stick to under 1200 cals.
    It'll just be a bit more of a pain, having to try and calorie count my lunch and dinner as well without knowing exactly what each thing is because it tells me on the label! (I already do my own breakfast). Also a pain trying to find different things to have for lunch: breakfast I can do, dinner will be fine (have whatever my family is having = usually pretty healthy). Lunches there are usually bread-related. Or salad with things like ham & nice cheeses, I guess I could have that (going easy on the cheeses of course!).

Butterfly has settled indeed.. I've nailed it's blooming feet to this diet so Butterfly is damn well going to make it work this time!!

5. jrabbit81

jrabbit81 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.52%)
    Diet:
    Diet chef
    I would take it with me! But thats cause I am obsessed!

6. JanD

JanD maintaining since June'09

Start Weight:
    15st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9.9lb(30.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World, Dietchef, Lipotrim - now maintaining (I hope!).
    Yeah - I'd take it too - but it IS heavy so depends how you're travelling. x

7. new me 20009

new me 20009 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(3.32%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i would take it with me also and stick to the diet to get the results i want. heheh

8. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    Hi Hun. I did diet chef over new years and i took my granolas with me cos they dont take up too much room and a few soups....so if i had a really fatty day i could have soup for my dinner....but calorie counting will work just as well :) xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.