Going down...

Been awake since 8am and up since 11 - tonight is going to be loooooong. OH off work and bemoaning the fact we won't see each other until Thursday & said she'd dreamt about a fry up, so we went for a full english at a local garden centre at 11.30, I had sausages, bacon, 2 eggs, beans, mushroom, tomato. No sauce, toast or hash browns! Wasn't bothered about them at all - had a sniff of a hash brown and it smelt unappealing, toast would just not be worth the repercussions of bloat and guilt. Just having my first shake of the day now (7pm) and will probably only need one more later on.

Had a wander round the garden centre in the rain afterwards, bought a few bits for the garden so will need to get busy out there this week - the forecast is dry until the weekend so should be doable.

Tried on my size 18 work trousers, I could probably have done them up if I'd cut myself in half but will wait a few more days then try again.

The other day I dreamt I had stuffed my face - spaghetti bolognaise & cottage pie and then cake. I was mortified when I woke up, but very relieved when I worked out that it was just a dream!

Didn't have time for a second shake at work but had some beef when I got home last night.

Today I had a shake at 11am, busy few hours running errands and sorting the garden, nicked some yummy hot roast ham when I popped in to mum's and then left for work at 4. Busy so far, not had chance to have another shake yet. Hopefully I will get chance to have one at 8.30, and will make the effort to have one before I leave tonight.

Starting to get a bit more sensitive to cold. I'll have to bring a wheat cushion to work!

Oh, I had a sneaky weigh-in this morning, another kg gone. We've had the house done and the scales which were previously hidden by OH are now in the corner of the bathroom & I have no self-discipline! :D Will be weighed officially on Thursday.

Doing some research in to the blood sugar diet - looks good for maintenance when I eventually get there, but for now I've directed OH to the recipe section as it's got some great healthy ones. I've found some fab wrap recipes too, just need to get the ingredients and have a play - they are so convenient it'll be great to be able to make picnics etc.

Good going Weev! I can't imagine how awful working nights would be whilst trying to stick to a VLCD - I get all picky and my tummy gets nervy when I'm up at night. You're doing a great job by thinking ahead with the protein snacks. :)

Forgot to say - I had my first dream cheat last week - I was eating chocolate cake and feeling so awful, and then I woke up and realised I hadn't been after all, and felt so relieved! The mind is a weird place. (Well mine is). :eating:

Had a shake at 11 along with one of OH's homemade 'protein bombs' from Bear Grylls' book which was yummy but then I put the recipe in MFP and it is no such thing - only 5.5g of protein but 14g fat and 15g carbs :mad: muppet. He has some nut bombs in the same section in the book which look a better bet.

Feeling hungry now I'm at work so will have a shake now and try to get some protein from somewhere to give me a kick.

Norty norty Bear! We trusted him! Hope the nut bombs are better. How's the diet and night shift mixing Weev?

Well done on the scales moving again!
Hope you've had a good day so far.

Gone back to being hungry :mad: not hugely, but hankering for food. May be shift jet lag, may be hormone related (PCOS so never know when it's going to arrive but have other signs) but I'm going with it for now, just making healthy choices & keeping up with the water. Had 2 shakes & a nandos (chicken breast, side salad & coleslaw) yesterday. Today I've had an egg, two shakes, some beef, two sausages, salad leaves, half an aubergine with garlic slices poked in, home made guacamole & salsa and a spoonful of home made humous! Pleasantly full now.

Did c25k run one tonight with OH, felt good afterwards :D we won't be doing 5k by the wedding as its only 6 weeks away and I take it very slow, but should be there by September. I've done it before, can do it again!

Excellent - all good food choices - low carb. And well done you on adding in exercise at this point. I'm falling down badly on that front - must do better! :)

Thanks spinoza! I'm convinced this is hormonal - I'm not craving carbs, just All The Food. I've been up since 5.30am & in work since 7, and have had 3 boiled eggs, a spoonful of guacamole & salsa, a protein bomb and a shake, along with 2L of water and I'm on the lookout for more but fending it off with a big cup of tea :/ total for the day is already 700kcal and I still have 5.5 hours of my shift to go! Ah well, it's all super nutritious. Will go for a nice walk tonight to burn off a few calories and stretch out my muscles.

Had two big mugs of tea yesterday afternoon and managed to last until I got home. I'd made some soup last week so it needed eating - beef & stir fried vegetables blitzed into proper 12 hour beef stock. It was lovely, very filling. We only went for a short walk as it was getting late, but the fresh air was still nice.

Scales are a bit stuck but I'm not surprised with all the food I've been having. Going to see if I can get back in the groove properly.

My potential wedding jackets arrived yesterday, size 18 but about 4" off doing up. 6 weeks to sort that out!

Another long shift today but then two days off coming up with NOTHING planned other than spending time with the animals! Will do three shakes at work today as we are going out to do c25k run 2 when I get home.

Did run 3 of c25k yesterday :D felt a bit harder than run 2 was, but still easy enough.

Been having organic bacon for breakfast, plus shakes. Last night I had a bowl of roasted veg with some grated cheese for tea with OH.

Feeling good generally & committed to the programme, weight not really coming off at the moment and still feeling PMT-y with nothing to show for it yet, but it can't last forever. Hormones suck!

Last edited:
Hormones do suck it's horrid how they mess with us! Great job on the c25k. Those scales will move - they have to x

The C25K app is fab! That's how I got back into running! Although it annoys me that my phone only lets me listen to it with certain music apps running at the same time - i.e. music streaming that I need to pay a monthly subscription for!

Great that you've bought some jackets - there's some extra motivation to keep you going for the next 6 weeks, and it will feel lovely seeing the gap to do them up shrink week by week :)

OH's birthday today, so we had scrambled eggs with spring onions and bacon this morning, and took her out for lunch where I had the halloumi salad to start and then a massive piece of salmon on a bed of stir fried greens (pak choi, courgette & pepper). Absolutely lush! Will go for a run at about 5pm, once that lot has gone down! Need to have some water, then just a shake tonight at work.

I feel incredibly full! All good stuff still though. Thankfully OH is going to save her special birthday treat cinnamon roll until after I've gone to work.

Sounds like a gorgeous meal you had! Hope she has had a lovely birthday. well done for making great choices! X

It was really good, but the repercussions weren't :( my poor belly. Took some probiotics to try to help it out.

Despite feeling like I might have to do a Paula Radcliffe I went for a run (week 2 so 6x 90s jog, 2 min walk) again tonight and thankfully got round intact!

Now sitting at work still feeling a bit iffy, but will survive the next 2 hours. Just had my first/last shake of the day. Night shift tomorrow with a long to-do list first, and then an incredibly busy weekend on my feet the whole time both days. Shake it baby!

Yay, I'm in my size 18 jeans and work trousers! :D have dug out my size 20 stuff to go to the charity shop.

Back