Going down...

Had a lovely weekend, the bulletproof coffee did the trick on Saturday & all my trainees had a lovely time, I didn't need a shake until 2.30pm.

Yesterday I had a real food day as I was off, had cream cheese on flax bread for breakfast, scrambled eggs & a slice of bacon for lunch and chicken with salad & coleslaw for tea. Back to work today on an early so had a bulletproof coffee to kickstart me into being a functional human being at 6.30am. I plan to have one a maximum of three times a week, they are supposed to be really good to promote fat burning. Will have a shake later for 'lunch' whenever I get hungry and then tea with OH, probably roast vegetables with cheese. We are repeating week 4 of c25k as it was hard, and going to try a slightly different warm up technique.

Don't work too hard Weevil

......after many, many years working Bank Holidays I really enjoy not doing that now! :D

Just checking in Weev - so pleased to see you're still going strong! How are the losses coming along? And when is the big day? Must be soon! :angel:

Hi all! Still here, down to 207lb now. 2 weeks to the wedding!

Just b&ggred my dodgy foot up though :'( it's sooooo painful. Did my 8 min run but as soon as I pulled up to walk it hurt and has been getting gradually more painful, 30/500 cocodamol hasn't touched it :( it's got 7 screws in but hasn't been this painful for 3.5 years.

Managed to get my foot sorted with ibuprofen, rest, ice, elevation & massage, so I tried that run again and managed it. Just done my first 20 minute run so that's the end of week 5 :) it was definitely a shuffle (9 minutes per km = just over 4 miles an hour) but I kept going! Lemon cheesecake shake to refuel, and I've made a fish pie with hidden veg (blitzed spring greens, cabbage & leeks into creme fraiche and used that instead of white sauce, plus cauliflower & sweet potato mash) for tonight at work. Working nights for the next three shifts, and then two weeks off for the wedding :D

Weight loss is stalling, but that could be due to the ibuprofen I had to take for my foot and/or PMT water retention - I feel good, am sleeping well & not hungry so no worries about motivation. Just bought another load of shakes as OH is using a few each week now too. Cookies & cream is just re-branded vanilla, bleugh, but lemon cheesecake is nice. Looking forward to trying rhubarb & custard!

Have washed up from cooking, just need to put the bins out & hang up the washing then I can go sleep on the sofa with the dog for a little while, then get ready for work!

Don't work too hard Weevil :)

I did my share of night shifts.......couldn't cope with that now :rolleyes:

No, I can't cope with them either - hence starting new flexi-time job in September! Just 2.5 shifts left til 2 weeks off, then just 33 shifts when I get back - counting down...

Fish pie was *amazing* and got the thumbs up from OH too, which is fab as she doesn't usually like fish! I've got a load of fishy coconut milk left over from the poaching, so will make a seafood risotto with that next week, but with cauliflower rice rather than actual rice.

Will have leftovers tomorrow, then am making a layered aubergine-y vegetable dish for tea on Friday with cayenne pepper in. I'm really getting into my cooking now, getting a bit more adventurous about tweaking different recipes from online and just making up random stuff with whatever I have in the fridge. Plus we can still have nachos by slicing sweet potato really thinly & baking it, then piling the toppings on as normal - home made so really healthy with no added sugar etc - guacamole, salsa, chicken & cheese. Nom.

It's someone's birthday at work so I'm surrounded by all sorts of evil non-food :( going to have a mint chocolate shake as a treat in a bit, so that I feel like I've had something.

View media item 4756
This is me on our pre-wedding shoot. Still fat, but 2 stone lighter than I was!

Looking good Weev! Best of best wishes for your big day - so exciting. :)

They're faaaaaab! You look so happy and relaxed and everyone seems to be having a whole heap of fun. I wish you many years of happiness Weev. :bestwishes:

Back