Going from Atkins to a VLCD?

MrsMaK

Hi all!

I have been doing Atkins for 4 weeks today, I lost 12lbs in the first two weeks, but then weight loss slowed and I have lost 2lbs in the past two weeks. I do the diet religiously, am very used to it as my husband has been on it in the past and had great results.

However, I am on a very tight budget over the next month and I need to cut down on out goings as much as possible. My sister gave me a box of slim and save shakes, a months worth of them, and I really don't mind meal replacement diets, I lost a lot of weight on cambridge after I had my son ten years ago (and kept it off). Plus, I am in Ketosis and not hungry in the slightest, so shakes will be easy.

I have been doing prolonged induction, carbs don't suit me well at all, and i have been eating under 20gs a day. 3 packs of slim and save contain 36g of carbs per day - will this affect weight loss? Will I gain any?

I have googled, but its all people switching from vcld to Atkins, so I have had no joy!

Never heard if those shakes, maybe check what the artificial sugars are in them as they can ruin a LC diet??
If yr wgt loss was fine prior to starting the shakes.....there's your answer... Dump the shakes and go back to yr diet sheets from yr 12lb loss and re-do it...that will answer yr question.

I only use PHD Whey Protein Pharma HT, it's high protein and LC....I've used it for yrs and it's evidenced based in weight loss, bodybuilding, ripping in bodybuilding, muscle recovery etc.

Back