Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Going from exante to low carb / atkins ?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Lobster22, 8 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Lobster22

Lobster22 Member

Just wanted to say what a great inspiration this forum is.

I am male and weighed 17st 10 - went on LL a couple of years ago and lost nearly 4 stone but gradually put it all back on again - totally my fault and not the diets as I basically went back to my old habits.

Totally committed to doing the Exante diet now - am having 2 shakes and one bar a day- and after nearly my first week I have lost over 8ilbs - I want to lose 21/2 stone to begin with ( I am hoping this is achievable after 3 - 4 weeks ?).

Was then thinking about going onto a low carb / Atkins style diet and really lifestyle change - my problem is I eat loads of bread / pasta / potatoes etc and i am confident that taking these out will be a huge help.

Has anyone any experience of going from Exante to low carb and if not do you think its a good idea ?

Once again thankyou very much indeed for such a great forum.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fayfe

fayfe Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    Not sure on the switching to low carb but wanted to wish you luck on it :)

I lost 18lbs on my first month on exante, so your goal may be doable :)

4. *jenjen*

*jenjen* I will do this...

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(15.48%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hey :) good luck on Exante. I've been on it for 10 weeks and I love it. I'm going the low carb route once I've got my BMI to 25 and can no longer do total solutions. I bought the Pig to Twig book and recipe book and The Low Carb Gourmet recipe book and I'm constantly reading them in preparation for when I will be eating again.

Goodluck with Exante, keep us posted on your losses.

5. illdoitforaslongasican

illdoitforaslongasican Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Lobster I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I think the Atkins will really help to reintroduce carbs carefully.
    I can't find any info online moving onto Atkins from exante though but I'm going to do it anyway! It's just a matter of working out whether to come off the shakes first and then start Atkins or stay on the shakes and have an Atkins meal for a while. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

6. TheCookieMonster

TheCookieMonster Padlocking the cookie jar

Current Weight:
    15st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4.7lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hey Lobster22,
    Wishing you the best of luck on your exante/low-carb journey.

I think that switching to low-carb eating to maintain seems to be quite a popular option - I tried switching to low-carb a couple of months back for a few weeks and although I managed to maintain no probs and enjoyed the food aspect very much - I was impatient to see the back of all blubber and switched back to exante to try and speed up the losses.

I am currently in the process of transitioning to low-carb eating but I am doing it VERY slowly, gradually replacing half a pack at a time with a small low-carb meal - I am hoping to be fully low-carbing it in a couple of months time.

Wishing you the very best of luck

7. notsoskinnymarge

notsoskinnymarge Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(9.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    This is a route I hope to follow also, once I lose another 2-3 stone :).
    I have the Atkins book, which I am reading, and a vegetarian low carb book by Rose Elliot, in preparation for my transition.

8. Jubbly

Jubbly Loves Minimins long time

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.74%)
    Diet:
    Exante/previous Cambridge/yo-yo!
    Hello! When I first did Cambridge, I followed the re-introduction of food plans and then went low-carb/GI. GI is a good option if you really can't go without bread or pasta (I think no carbs is very restrictive and besides - no alcohol, eek) - I just made sure to measure out brown pasta and have granary bread. I ate far less carbs by having soup for lunch and sometimes stir fry for dinner but without noodles or rice. Basmati/brown rice is low GI. I managed to keep the weight off this way for some time. x

9. Lobster22

Lobster22 Member

Guys - Once again many thanks indeed - very pleased with my first week loss of 10ibs and am off on holiday in three weeks so hence the rush -
    Am now just under 17stone and want to get down to 14.5 - 15 stone as my target but HAVE to be at 15.5 in these next three weeks !!!

Did LL a fw years ago and got down to 14.5 but like an idiot just went back to the same old bad habits (?) which is why I think cutting out carbs for me really could work.

Am also trying to excercise to keep the metabolism going ( does anyone else do this ?) - not going mad but tryiing to run 2 miles most days.

I really HATE being this big but only have myself to balme and I WILL get this sorted - have also signed up for a 10Km run in July !!!

Cookine Monster - if you dont mind me asking when you went on your low carb what kind of weight were you maintaining and what type of things were you eating ?

Many thanks again.

10. Lobster22

Lobster22 Member

Just weighed myself and have lost around 12 ibs now in 8 days so really pleased - dont actually feel too bad !!!

Am under 17stone now so a stone and a half on TS to go - hopefully can do that in 2 - 21/2 weeks but I may be a bit optimistic.

Havent done much exercise the last few days buy am going for a 2 mile run tomorrow assuming I don't collapse !!!

Many thanks again for a great forum

11. illdoitforaslongasican

illdoitforaslongasican Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Oh Lobster I dont know how you can think of exercising! I'm exhausted today! Burn enough calories using my brain and walking around. That's enough for a few weeks for me! I'm the same as you though as i have to lose for a holiday too. I've got 20llbs to go and 11 weeks to do it in which should easily be doable but i don't want to go off the rails!
    I've set myself a goal to lose 14llbs this month in the May challenge so once i've done that i will go onto TS and exercise i think!
    How are you feeling then? I feel fine at weekend but a bit weak at work when i have stuff to do! Can't wait til Friday!!

12. pixar

pixar has to be done this year

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    did fl4i, then exante now back on WW
    I too have to go on a low carb diet to carry on loosing more weight. My bmi is currently 26.5 which means soon I have to get off exante TS/WS as my bmi would be 25. I still want to carry on loosing weight until bmi becomes 21. If i go straight onto atkins, i might gain after eating all that meat but Im actually going to stick to a 600-700 calorie low fat low carb diet and i should still hopefully loose 2 pounds a week with added exercise.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.