Going from two to three without eating for five!

Yep back on Monday :( I'm absolutely dreading it to be honest.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well it's back to work tomorrow and I've taken that as a sign that it's time to get back on track. I weighed myself yesterday and I've put on 4lb in two weeks. I know that I'm now at a point where I'm going to start putting weight on and that's ok, I just want to make sure that I'm eating well so that any weight that I put on is baby related and not from what I'm eating. I think it's going to be crucial to trying to feel as best as I can back at work too. So, I've set myself some 'rules':

1. Be organised
2. Drink, drink, drink
3. Eat more of a balanced diet - need all food groups in there, I hardly eat dairy (will be using Slimming World to help here)
4. If I want a snack, it'll be fruit or a Graze punnet
5. Most important rule of all, not to be so hard on myself. I'm growing a person, I'm bound to gain weight and that's ok. I just want to be healthy.

I've started off rule number 1 with planning my meals, not just for the next week but the next month! I know I'm going to struggle back at work so want to give myself the best chance as possible. Sundays will involve preparing something that'll help for the at least some of the next week. Today I've got a big batch of mince base ready, tomorrow I'll make some into spag bol, then some into chilli and then shepherd's pie. 4 days meals half done already!

meals.jpg

Happy New Year, Caz!

Failing to plan is planning to fail! You're off to a great start!!!

So far, so good.. everything is off to plan. I actually did a lot more prep today than I expected. I cooked off the onions then added mince and the tomato, I'd planned to leave it at that but once the spaghetti bolognese was on I actually just got on with it and prepped the rest. The chilli is ready to heat up and just cook the rice in the rice cooker (even A could do that ;)) and the shepherd's pie mince is in the dish ready to be topped with mash just before cooking. That's tea basically sorted now until Thursday.

I start yoga tomorrow, not sure how I feel about it! I am quite looking forward to it but I feel really nervous too, you ladies know what I'm like with a group class but once I've been once it'll be ok. I've actually seen that a new aquanatal class is starting on Thursday evening so I'm going to give that a go too. So that'll be an hour and a quarter of yoga on Tuesdays and an hour of aquanatal on Thursdays, that should do me good. The yoga has come really highly recommended for my hip and for helping in labour so I really hope that I enjoy it!

Today's food...

B: Fruit, yoghurt and oat glass
L: Two small ham, cheese and piccalilli rolls, cheesy crisps and a yoghurt
D: Spaghetti bolognese

Being back at school has done me real good, no snacking! I didn't manage to finish my breakfast this morning so going to finish it off this evening.

I've booked us a little weekend away for the first weekend of February half term, which also happens to be Valentine's Day. I didn't realise that at the time but it gives us extra reason to do it. We've just booked to go and stay in a little inn not too far away, maybe 30 minutes in a little town called Holmfirth. I've booked us in for dinner at the inn, we'll have a wander around the town before that (we've kept meaning to go, it's meant to be nice) and then maybe head into Huddersfield on the Sunday before going home. It's our last chance for a child free little break, which is why we've gone for it, so I really hope that it's a nice one. I didn't enjoy our honeymoon very much so would like our last break as just the two of us to be a good one.

I'll stop boring you all now and catch up on diaries :)

Evening!

Good planning and prep! What's oat glass?

Americans call what you've planned a "baby moon". ;)

Is that what they call a last chance ditch at freedom before the baby arrives? I like it :)

The oat glass thing was a layer of fruit, then oats, then yoghurt and repeat in a big glass. I do it the night before and leave it in the fridge, the oats soak up a bit of yoghurt and soften up that way.

Is that what they call a last chance ditch at freedom before the baby arrives? I like it :) The oat glass thing was a layer of fruit, then oats, then yoghurt and repeat in a big glass. I do it the night before and leave it in the fridge, the oats soak up a bit of yoghurt and soften up that way.

Yes, it's a "second honeymoon" that you have when you realize pretty soon you'll be having lots of sleepless nights and very little anything else. ;)

That rounds yummy.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up! I hated our honeymoon to be honest, I felt like I made the best of it but I ended up in tears more than once because I just wanted to go home. I have a lot of regrets about it really, it just wasn't the week that it was meant to be. The only problem really was the getting ill, it just put a downer on the whole week and ruined it for me, Aaron still enjoyed it. I really didn't feel great for most of it because of the stomach bug that I managed to pick up so I spent more time in my room than I would have done otherwise and being pregnant made that worse I think because it kept me worrying about whether everything was OK and I couldn't take anything. So this weekend I've booked is just a night and nowhere fancy (I'd much rather book a few days away in Wales, Scotland, Cornwall etc. so that it's somewhere new but money is pretty tight) but at least our last trip away before the baby arrives won't be that week away and I should have a nice one to look back on.

Food is going fairly well, there have been a few spanners thrown in the works. I forgot that Thursdays are antenatal classes so I was home from work just before 7pm and it was straight back out until 9pm so we picked up a Subway on the way home, fairly good. Yesterday I got home and was pretty tired and had also forgotten to take the chicken out of the freezer so we ended up ordering a curry. I went for a tomato-ey one rather than creamy one with boiled rice, I didn't quite manage half though so can't have been too bad. Or that's what I'm telling myself anyway!

Hope you all (well, you couple of people who still visit here!) have a good weekend.

Afternoon Caz,

I sorry your honeymoon wasn't what you'd hope. I hope this break is wonderful.

I think you made wise choices regarding food - you didn't go for a greasy McD's and you portion controlled.

I even shared my leftovers with Aaron for lunch, I just can't eat such big portions these days. I'm hoping that's something that I'll be so used to once Spud is here that it'll carry on.

I actually complained to our holiday tour operator about it all, there were lots of little things that were just topped off by being ill. They refused to deal with my complaint at first and then once Thomas Cook passed on my complaint via them they sent a 3 page letter back that just skirted around the issues. They outright lied in the letter saying that we were offered a room change (there were a couple of issues with the bathroom, balcony door and the air con didn't work properly) but this never happened and despite reporting the issues 3 times we were never even told whether they bothered to look at them. They also said that I was offered doctors assistance, which I declined. Again, not true. I sought out the doctor as I'd just found out I was pregnant and didn't know what I could take to help. I was told that my only options were a drip and a sachet of rehydration crystals, he couldn't tell me what the drip contents were or whether it was all safe whilst pregnant (not with any confidence anyway) and then wanted to charge me £150 for that but offered to add my £100 insurance excess on top so that I could claim it all back. Needless to say I didn't have much trust in him and said no to treatment. I've taken the advice of a friend since getting that back and it's actually in the hands of a solicitor now as I am pretty certain that the illness was caused by poor food hygiene (we knew of a number of people who got ill) and was not a virus or just my body adjusting to the heat and food because of blood tests I had when we got back. I would happily have left it if they'd just apologised but to blame us and lie in their response, that wasn't good enough.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now!

Afternoon,

Not great. I'm glad you're going to get it sorted. Did you book through Thomas Cook? I'd think they'd sort it for you.

We did book through TC yes, I don't like using companies I haven't heard of (it was Red Sea Holidays so not a small firm but I'd had no dealings with them) and given the option like having face to face contact. I sent my complaint to both RSH and TC at the same time. RSH replied within 2 days basically saying you had 28 days to complain and it's now been 30 but thanks for letting us know. It took TC another 4-6 weeks to reply and they just said they'd passed it on to RSH, who then wrote to us just before Christmas. So as neither have been any help, I'll let the solicitor deal with it. I'd said no to that route before but after their responses I decided to persue it. I feel like the holiday was such a waste of £1400 really.

Fingers crossed. I'm very disappointed to hear that TC didn't sort you.

Back