Going from two to three without eating for five!

Hi Caz, sorry to hear about the Honeymoon problems, it's awful when that happens to such a special holiday, hope you get it sorted. Your talk of having a curry has got me looking for a new curry recipe to try out! Going to make it for next week.

Diva x

At least we have a nice little weekend away planned now :) This is where we're going, a little town called Holmfirth.

Holmfirth_20060521(RLH).JPG

It's not very far from us at all but it's somewhere that we keep saying we should go (Aaron says I'll like it) but haven't managed to in the past 18 months of me living up here. It's £75 for the night, so not too bad but not hugely cheap either so we've said that we'll keep an eye out on ******* for a local deal too. There are lots a bit further in to the Peak District but as it'll be mid February I'm not sure that we want to risk having to rely on Snakes Pass or the Woodhead, both are a bit of a nightmare if it's bad weather but there's no other way across really.

11 more school weeks to go until maternity leave... not that I'm counting or anything...

Looks fantastic Caz, I love little places like that! Don't think it's a bad idea not too travel too far with your little Spudette on board and coming soon!:D

Have you done the nursery? Did you have a theme or have you stayed neurtral? My friend was lucky in having a boy and then a second 22 months later, got to keep the cute little nautical themed nursery!

Diva x

We're still working on the nursery. We've bought a unit for all her clothes, which we'll use as a changing station for changing her upstairs.

ForumRunner_20150111_163404.png

We've sorted all the bookcase out so that it's got her bits on, with some of our general stuff on the top couple of shelves.

ForumRunner_20150111_163419.png

And we've got these Guess How Much I love you stickers to go on the walls to save painting. We're sticking with those quite pastel-y neutral colours, I'm not a very girly pink girl so don't want a pink overload.

ForumRunner_20150111_163430.png

We picked up the cot bed today, which we've bought from a friend. Once we get rid of Aaron's desk we can put that up and the room will be pretty much done really. We just need a few little decorative bits and bedding for the room now really.

Sorry to learn your honeymoon was disappointing, hope you get something sorted

I've been to Holmfirth (we pass near it on the way to BIL) but it was a long time ago, so I can't remember much about it, as it was only a "stop off" too see it. isn't it where "Last of The Summer wine" was filmed?

Yep, teeny tiny little shoes! They're ones that we've been given, she's not even here yet and she got spoiled for Christmas.

You're right Trish, that is where Last of the Summer Wine was filmed. We go to a chip shop just outside called Compos occasionally, named after the TV show, which has taught me just about all I know about the show, which still isn't very much! It's quite an expensive place though so we go there as a treat or if we do something like take A's grandparents out for lunch.

Morning Caz,

The room looks amazing! I'm getting very excited. I must learn to properly knit and crochet.

I really want to learn too but just haven't got around to it. My nephew's girlfriend's aunty (bit of mouthful!) has knitted us a cute little cardi, a lady at work has done this lovely cot blanket for us and my mum is knitting us a few bits like hat, booties, cardi etc so I should probably just leave it to the experts.

School is OK, not really settled into a routine yet. My timetable is to do interventions in the mornings and then I have a class in the afternoons as the other teacher they've put in there is key stage leader and assessment coordinator. I spent all of last week in with her in the mornings, this week we had a trip on Tuesday and she wasn't in class yesterday so I covered. I'm looking forward to just getting into the routine of it all and starting them properly next week. We've got a mock ofsted at the moment, she was in yesterday and is again today. They walked up and down out corridor a lot looking from the outside but didn't come in to mine (I was told they wouldn't as I was covering so wouldn't be fair) which means I'm kind of expecting it today annoyingly. I don't mind but I don't like that feeling of being on edge waiting for it, I'd rather I just knew if and when.

My head has offered me somr extra work on a Saturday. It's not teaching, much more simple and relaxed so I think I'm going to give it a try. I wasn't sure but then I found out I'll be paid my teacher's hourly rate (£17 an hour), can pick my own hours and it's very sat down based so not tiring. I'm going to go in around 9 on Saturday and work til maybe 1, I've still got plenty of the day left then. If I do that most Saturdays between now and Easter (I'll try and do some over half term too to bump it up more) then I'll be paid an extra £500+. That's my share of the rent and bills for a month, which could allow me to afford an extra month of maternity leave once it goes unpaid so I feel like I should take the opportunity while I can.

Morning Caz,

Great opportunity to out a little aside - I'm sure you'll do fine on any assessment.

Oopsie, it's been a while since I last posted. In fact, it seems to have been a while since anyone posted. It's like a ghost town around here!

School has changed quite a lot. I'm now back in class full time, I was covering in there all the time and ended up saying that it was far worse that way and I'd rather they just left me in there all the time because at least then I'd know what I'm doing each day. I've moved my maternity leave forward a bit and I finish in 2 weeks, can't wait! Between now and then I'll be out of class a couple of days a week whilst we trial different supply teachers and find one that we like who will carry on with a couple of days a week to make it easier for me and to give some transition. I'm hoping that we'll find one this week coming so that we can do a letter to parents to say when I'm leaving and who is taking over. That poor class will be on their 4th teacher, they really need to know what's going on. I had my observation in the end and it went really well, it was the headteacher and the head of maths observing a maths lesson. The feedback was REALLY good, it definitely gave me the boost I needed.

Pregnancy is going.. well, it's going. I'm almost 34 weeks now and if I'm honest, I've just had enough now and want it done and her here. It's been a bit of a bumpy ride to now and although people tell me they think I've coped really well with what's been an awful pregnancy, I don't feel like it's been that bad really. The nausea is back a bit but that seems to be linked to my chest, which just doesn't want to clear itself up as I've had a cold since long before Feb half term. Just drinking some water slowly sorts that out though so it's not too bad. I saw physio about my wrists in the end and they confirmed carpal tunnel so I've got splints for that, I don't wear them as much as I should though because they're really uncomfortable in bed. Wearing both of them I can't hug my pillow! My GP has just referred me to physio for my hip too, it's been going on for ages but first the midwife said she wouldn't refer me until I had pain in my legs, when that started I was just given advice and told I didn't need to see a physio. Nothing has really helped and I'm at a point now where I wake up every hour or so needing to turn over because it hurts but turning over isn't that easy anymore! A says I look like a turtle stuck on it's back! I've just reached a point now where I can feel her pushing on my pelvis when I walk and it's just generally uncomfortable so looking forward to her arrival.

Weight wise, things are going well. The lbs have started to creep on a little but slowly, I lost and then maintained for ages but about 6lb has crept back on over the past 10 weeks or so, I'm still 4lb less than before I got pregnant so I'm pleasantly surprised. I don't weigh myself very often anymore though, just every so often I'll wonder how I'm doing and pop on the scales but that's every few weeks or so. I'm interested to see what will happen post pregnancy in terms of weight, quite a few people have said I look like I've lost weight but gained a bump, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling away to myself now. Hope everyone is doing OK wherever you are, whatever you're doing.

It is quiet, but I think it's just one of those phases with folk... I keep reading and posting reguardless... Your parcel is being collected tomorrow from here babes... xx

Subscribing! :) Not long to go for you!!!

I'm currently 26+4 with my 2nd baby (a little boy) xxx

36 weeks on Monday, not long at all. That's going by my original due date though and not the one 4 days later that they changed it to. I know the dates and know that the 20th was more accurate than 24th, she was a bit smaller at 12 weeks so they changed it but then she was at 28 weeks too before she then had a huge growth spurt and put on almost 2lb in 4 weeks that brought her back up the chart. Still no news on a name, I think we've got a shortlist of 3/4 names now and I don't think we'll decide before she's here. I think we're hoping that she'll come out with a little tag around her foot say 'My name is...' just to make it easier for us!

I should have finished for mat leave yesterday but I was asked if I'd stay on but in the office so I agreed. It takes me back to my original leaving date, the only reason that I brought it forward was because of my hip/pelvic pain and not managing in class. The office is busy but it's sat down mostly so far more manageable, I can cope with that. Especially as it means I work the next 2 weeks but then the 2 weeks after count as my maternity leave too as they're the holidays. That means either 4 more weeks I can add to the end of my maternity leave (if she isn't early) or £1500 more to help make the next 9 months easier to manage.

It could mean that we could treat ourselves to a week or long weekend away in the summer maybe, just here in the UK. A has never really been on holiday in the UK as they always went abroad, usually all inclusive whereas we never went abroad and so experienced lots of UK holidays in lovely places. I want to show A just how good the UK can be for family breaks, especially some of the coastal areas which he doesn't think highly of because his only UK coast experience is Blackpool! I'd happily not do an overseas holiday until she's much older. I want to build experiences that I've got like shell searching on the SE coast, rock pooling in Wales, cream teas in Devon, bodyboarding in Cornwall. I'd much rather that than us be say by a pool or the sea all week, that can wait until she's older and doesn't want to spend all her day with us!

My sister, brother in law, niece and her 3 and a bit month old baby (aww!) are coming to visit today so I'd better get on and tidy up, they'll be here in a couple of hours and I want to have a relaxed look that says 'no, my house is always this tidy' about me! Hope you're all well, any plans for the weekend?

Back