Going from two to three without eating for five!

All sounds good! And 36 weeks! Not long to go at all! :) How exciting xx

37 weeks now, not long to go. Hopefully! Growth scan on Tuesday said she was approx 6lb 13oz so I'm hoping she arrives soon just so she doesn't have time to grow much more! Finished for maternity leave today, which was surprisingly sad. I feel much sadder about leaving the office today than I did the classroom a couple of weeks ago, surprisingly. I'm thinking of asking whether I can go back in there post maternity leave. Meeting with my consultant on Tuesday, who I've never met before, as I emailed him a couple of questions and he said he's happy to meet with me if I'd prefer. I don't want to make a birthing plan but I do want to know what my options are and what the implications of being under a consultant instead of midwife led care are as they've never really explained to me.

I need to catch up with diaries tomorrow. Now I'm off I should hopefully be able to keep up a bit better!

Glad you are all good!

My baby weighs about the same at 36 weeks. The consultant said it would probably be the size if my first which was 8lbs 11oz. So not to big.

It would be interesting to see what the consultant says the difference between the care is. In a basic level I know you get more pain options with a consultant led. With my first I was consultant led but my bmi was over 50 so it's a bit different to when it's under that. I was basically told I had to stay on the table and not get off as I had to be constantly monitored. I know that won't happen this time as I have asked about it. I was there for 2 shifts so I had the midwife when I got there (don't remember much of her) then with morning shift I got a male midwife who was amazing and is the reason I had a natural birth instead of a section (I had a theatre group waiting outside my door to take me). The one thing I've heard is that when in the labour ward they tend to interceded sooner than with midwife led. So people tend to have help though they possibly could if done without. As with midwife led they try everything before they transfer you as it's a big deal.

Sorry that went on for a bit. Lol

Awww 6lbs 13oz! So teeny! :) Glad all is well hun x and yay to being classed as full term! I have 8 weeks to go until that's me ;) x

Definitely ask about your options. I'm assuming it will vary from person to person as well, depending on the reason as to why you're consultant-led. It's great to know though for labour etc. :)

Are you feeling any niggles or anything to indicate baby could be on the way soon? :) xx

Lots of niggles lately. Had some regular contractions yesterday but they stopped. Today I've had quite a lot of period type pain and back ache. Hoping things get moving soon!

Going to meet my consultant tomorrow so it'll be interesting to hear what my options are with the pool etc. I think I should persuade him to check me over and maybe even give me a sweep while I'm there!

Hi - just rejoined the board at an expanding 19 weeks. Not long left for you - how exciting!

Didn't end up meeting my consultant! He told me to come along at 9am so I did, I explained to the lady on reception who got out my notes as obviously they weren't expecting me for the clinic but she then just put them in the pile for the clinic rather than letting him know that I was there. Two hours later I was called in to see the midwife, I explained to her why I was there and that I didn't need to see her and she told me about my notes. I waited another half an hour after that but then I needed to leave so I'd get to my routine midwife appointment on time as I wasn't even sure if he was still there as I think I saw him leave. Needless to say, unimpressed! I'm going to email him today and explain and then hopefully he can tell me by email, I really just want a yes or no about things like using the pool.

A has decided that he's had enough of being unhealthy. We're not too bad, when I cook we're pretty good but with a little too much snacking, when I don't cook then it's not good so we're too inconsistent. He's ordered new gym stuff and signed back up, going today after work. I've planned out the week with SW meals and am going to rejoin a group. His gym stuff is arriving by courier today so depending on when it arrives, I'm hoping to get to one of the day time groups today to get signed up. I was going to wait until the baby was here but then I decided that I might as well use these next few days/weeks to get my head back into it otherwise I imagine it'll be much harder balancing SW and a new baby. The plan is to have lunches that are easy to do, like jacket potatoes, which need little prep and then I'm going to try and cook evening meals where I can cook two meals worth at once. We don't have a lot of freezer space so can't stock up in there but if I'm only having to cook every other evening and I'm home all day so can take my time using slow cooker recipes, I think that should be ok. I think!

Weighed myself this morning, I'm now 2lb off the weight I was when I found out that I was pregnant. I hadn't weighed myself in a while and expected far worse really. So I've gained about 9lb over the past 14 weeks or so but out of 11lb or so that I lost in the first 24 weeks. That's not too bad, I'm happy with that as I did expect to end up going over and gaining more. I'm interested to know how much I'll lose straight after birth though, giving birth could well be the best weight loss solution out there!

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Hope everyone is well?

Didn't end up meeting my consultant! He told me to come along at 9am so I did, I explained to the lady on reception who got out my notes as obviously they weren't expecting me for the clinic but she then just put them in the pile for the clinic rather than letting him know that I was there. Two hours later I was called in to see the midwife, I explained to her why I was there and that I didn't need to see her and she told me about my notes. I waited another half an hour after that but then I needed to leave so I'd get to my routine midwife appointment on time as I wasn't even sure if he was still there as I think I saw him leave. Needless to say, unimpressed! I'm going to email him today and explain and then hopefully he can tell me by email, I really just want a yes or no about things like using the pool.

A has decided that he's had enough of being unhealthy. We're not too bad, when I cook we're pretty good but with a little too much snacking, when I don't cook then it's not good so we're too inconsistent. He's ordered new gym stuff and signed back up, going today after work. I've planned out the week with SW meals and am going to rejoin a group. His gym stuff is arriving by courier today so depending on when it arrives, I'm hoping to get to one of the day time groups today to get signed up. I was going to wait until the baby was here but then I decided that I might as well use these next few days/weeks to get my head back into it otherwise I imagine it'll be much harder balancing SW and a new baby. The plan is to have lunches that are easy to do, like jacket potatoes, which need little prep and then I'm going to try and cook evening meals where I can cook two meals worth at once. We don't have a lot of freezer space so can't stock up in there but if I'm only having to cook every other evening and I'm home all day so can take my time using slow cooker recipes, I think that should be ok. I think!

Weighed myself this morning, I'm now 2lb off the weight I was when I found out that I was pregnant. I hadn't weighed myself in a while and expected far worse really. So I've gained about 9lb over the past 14 weeks or so but out of 11lb or so that I lost in the first 24 weeks. That's not too bad, I'm happy with that as I did expect to end up going over and gaining more. I'm interested to know how much I'll lose straight after birth though, giving birth could well be the best weight loss solution out there!

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Hope everyone is well?

Oh how annoying!! I'd be so peeved! Hopefully he will reply by email, or at least have a chat on the phone or something!

Wow that's really good going with your weight! :) I'm 2st heavier than my BFP weight lol! at 30 weeks!

Not long to go for you at all! :) Hope you are keeping well xxx

Officially 38 weeks now by the midwife's and hospital's standards. I still count by my original due date of the 20th, knowing that that's most accurate, but I need to start thinking in terms of 24th. If she goes late, it'll be the hospital that decide what to do when so they'll use that date. Though I'm booked in with the midwife for the 20th and if she's not here by then, they'll offer me a sweep. I'm hoping and praying that she is though, I'm not sure how much longer I can cope! Lots of niggles at the moment but nothing seems to progress, hoping that changes soon.

I'm not being completely on plan with SW, I know that I need to do better but it is making me make much better choices. Dinners have all been syn free so A's been eating well, I've just had a few little extras but still eating quite well. Much better than before. Tonight's dinner is chicken korma. Tomorrow we're out for my FIL's birthday, it was meant to be a BBQ which I had all planned in my head but now we're going for a curry. I'll try and choose sensibly but the temptation of starters may be too much! I'll probably end up with a little of what I want and what's good too, compromise and all that. I think I'll be going for spicy, try and tempt this baby out!

Hope everyone else is ok.

Heyyy, I'm just getting back on and catching up with diaried. Eeeekkk she's nearly here!! So so excited for you! Best of luck with it all :)

39 weeks + 3 today and all signs of her appearing soon seem to have died down. Not very comfortable though and still getting aches. Fingers crossed she makes an appearance soon.

Haven't had a completely 100% week but it was a lot better than it has been recently. WI yesterday and I put on 1/2 a lb. I'm OK with that, what I'm aiming for until she arrives is just to be building good habits and setting ourselves up for the best chances in terms of healthiness once she's here.

Been trying lots of new recipes this week and today I played around with the idea of quiche and scotch eggs to make SW friendly versions, which worked quite well. I'm actually really enjoying food and cooking for the first time in quite a while. I just hope it continues.

39 weeks + 3 today and all signs of her appearing soon seem to have died down. Not very comfortable though and still getting aches. Fingers crossed she makes an appearance soon.

Haven't had a completely 100% week but it was a lot better than it has been recently. WI yesterday and I put on 1/2 a lb. I'm OK with that, what I'm aiming for until she arrives is just to be building good habits and setting ourselves up for the best chances in terms of healthiness once she's here.

Been trying lots of new recipes this week and today I played around with the idea of quiche and scotch eggs to make SW friendly versions, which worked quite well. I'm actually really enjoying food and cooking for the first time in quite a while. I just hope it continues.

Hats off to you for cooking and eating so well so close to the end! - Think I ate take away every night the week before the boys arrived. 1/2 lb is brilliant!!

Fingers crossed baby gets herself moving for you.

That's the habit that we were starting to get into, takeaway and chuck in the oven stuff. Thing with us is once we're in that habit, it's so hard to break it. I didn't feel like cooking last night so he had some leftovers and I just had a big bowl of fruit and yoghurt, I wasn't feeling too hungry anyway. I seem to be like that at the moment, all my hunger is during the day and by the evening I don't want much if anything at all.

How are you doing hun?! Ooh I wonder if baby is here :) xx

Back