Going it alone, 1 stone to lose

katy24

I tried SW in the summer and lost about 5lb before giving up - to this day I can't remember why I did and I wish I had stuck with it. I wouldn't be in this position now if I had.
I have a minimum of a stone to lose and it's really hard to shift. I can't afford membership so I am using the net and an old book as guidance.

Today I am doing EE:

Breakfast
2 egg omelette with cheese and milk (HEA)and ham, mushrooms, onion, red pepper

Snacks
Activia 0%
Options hot choc (2 syns)2 marshmallows (2 syns)

Lunch
homemade tuna pate with fromage frais with 2 ryvita (HEB)cucumber, red pepper, celery

Snack
3 bean salad with tuna, cucumber, red pepper, celery

Dinner
creamy tomato pasta (tin toms and philly - 2 syns)chicken, mushrooms, onion, green beans

That's a total of 6 syns for the day :)

good luck im fairly new too still havent got a clue how to use this site but im giving it a go..ive been doing sw for 5 weeks now in my sixth week lost 6 lbs so far sts on *week hoping to get my 1/2 awars on wednesday...good luck i also have around a stone to lose...we can do it!!!! x

thanks for the welcome, unfortunately with xmas etc things got kinda crazy - SW was the last thing on my mind for the last few weeks.

But now I am back on and although it's going to be tricky what with new years and my birthday coming up I am going to do my best.

Unfortunately I ran out of ww bread today so had sliced white - that's 8 syns before midday! :( and I had some choc coins leftover from christmas.
so def gone over syns today:
satsuma - free
Milk in tea - 1/2 HEA
2 slices white -
bacon - free
Flora light - 4
brown sauce - 2
choc coins (37g) - 10
LUNCH - pasta and veg - free

Dinner sasuage and mash
Sausages - 4
Milk in mash -1/2 HEA
Broccoli and sweetcorn - free

Valerie11 - please could you let me know where the newbie thread is? thanks

Ok so since today is NYE i am going to forgive myself any syns - mainly in alcohol and a curry tonight (will get the biryani low syn option tho)
Tomorrow, however, it all begins - exercise, SW diary, etc etc.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Green today:

Brekkie:
Tea with milk (1/2 HEA1)
1 slice WW toast with a fried egg (HEB1)
Grapes

Lunch:
Pasta with quark, sweetcorn, green beans and reduced fat cheddar (1/2 HEA1)

Snack
Ryvita minis (HEB2)
reduced fat cheddar (HEA2)

Dinner:
Lentil and veg curry with total 0% and rice
1 Onion Bhaji = 2.5 syns

total syns - 2.5

curry ingredients:
Onion, garlic, ginger
Medium curry powder, garam masala, tumeric, red chilli
potato chunks (with skin), chopped carrot, Red pepper
Chicken stock, tin of toms, red lentils, spinach, total 0%
angel-smiley-002.gif

GREEN day for me today:
Brekkie:
Banana and apple
Tea with milk (1/2 HEA1)

Lunch will be leftover veg curry from last night (which was lush and syn free!)

Dinner is homemade pizzas!
I'm using the Tesco crusty wholemeal mix for the base (HEB)

I have no idea how much dough I will need or how much of a HEB it will end up resulting in, but I'm going to pay it by ear. I'll part-bake my base and then weigh it to work out the HEB amount before putting the toppings on. I'm allowing both HEBs just in case!

toppings will be - tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, mixed herbs, small amount of ricotta cheese (2 syns) low fat cheddar (HEA2) courgette, red peppers, red onion, and spinach.

OH is having ham, olive oil and full fat cheese on his to 'beef it up' but seems to have no problem with the wholemeal base which is good
smile.gif

trying to keep my syns really low at the mo to make up for 2 days of going over limit earlier in the week. Yesterday i managed 2.5 and I'm going to try to stick to 5 or under today and tomorrow. It's my birthday on Sat so will definately be needing a Flexisyn day!!!

Last edited:
EE today:
Brekkie
2 satsumas and an apple
28g Shredded wheat bitesize and 125ml rice milk (HEB + 1/2 HEA)
Pot of tea and 125ml semi skim (1/2 HEA)

Lunch
2 egg omelette with ham, onion, mushroom and courgette
1/2 tin of baked beans

Snack
Small bit of cold pasta (leftovers) with salad/veg and a smidge of Quark
Carrot sticks

Dinner
Chicken korma:
Chicken, total 0%, ginger, garlic, garam masala, tumeric, onion, red chilli, 6.5g creamed coconut (2 syns) 1 level tbsp ground almonds (4.5 syns) and fresh coriander
with boiled rice
1 mini onion bhaji (from Lidl - 42cals, est. 2 syns)
Vege curry side dish - onion, carrots, green beans, red pepper, curry powder and tin toms

Dessert
Mint Options (2 syns)

total syns - 10.5

Having a flexi-syn day tomorrow (as it's my Birthday)

Did the maths and averaged 16.1 syns per day this week, not bad for the 'test' week just to see how I manage. And I have lost 4 lb! Looking forward to starting afresh on Monday and doing a whole week - need to prove to myself that I stick to it! going to class on Monday with the Bella voucher - bit nervous (always been quite cynical about 'classes') and I dont do well when I'm nervous, will prob just sit in awkward silence all evening!) but I am looking forward to getting the new books!

EE today:
Tea with 1/2 HEA milk
Omelette with salad/veg and 1/2 HEA cheese
3 Ryvita with low sugar jam HEB + 3 syns
dinner will be spag bol with extra veg in the sauce

Hmm, well that didn't go to plan.

Ended up having Tea with 1/2 HEA milk
2 apples
3 ryvita with jam (3 syns)
scrambled egg and ham on toast (4 syns)

not enough SF i dont think

will have to make my spag bol extra packed full of veg!

and maybe have a satsuma for dessert

Back