Going it alone! Help!

Angie

Hi everyone, looking for some support. Been at target three times but lost the plot with my three pregnancies. My son is now six months old but due to rubbish maternity pay I can't afford to go back to SW atm and trying to follow the plan at home. My god it's hard without the weekly meeting to aim for! Any tips? Also, I'm struggling to understand EE. I know it's one hea and one heb, it's the superfree foods I'm struggling with? Help! ? x

Hi Angie,

Lots of support from me, and from the forum I'd say!!

I'm not going to groups at the mo either as I'm out of work and can't afford it, but have been back on SW for the past three weeks and this forum is SO helpful - I check in a couple of times a day at least and find so much info and motivational help from everyone!!

Am afraid I can't help on EE as I'm veggie so do green, but here is lots of info on here and lots of people who are doing it. I'm still getting used to finding my way round the site so can't tell you exactly where to find relevant info I'm afraid but always find something useful after a bit of a search. And am sure you'll get replies from people in the know too : )

Good luck, and stick with it! Bx

Hi Angie

I'm new to SW and am also getting my head round things! However, I will try & explain EE. As you say it's one HXA (milk/cheese) & one HXB (cereal/bread/dried fruit/juice). The free foods are all those you would find on BOTH original & green days. The thing you have to do though is fill at least 1/3 of your plate with superfree food (fruit, salad & most veg). So you can happily tuck into spag bol without having to weigh anything provided you include the third superfree. Hope this helps :)

Hiya and welcome Angie :)

I only joined forum a couple weeks ago, and im not exactly computer literate, but I picked things up very quickly on here, still got plenty more to learn I think tho,

Ive joined and rejoined SW several times. I joined couple weeks ago online. It was quite expensive and after becoming more accustomed to this site I kinda wish I hadnt of bothered paying the online fee - Im finding you get more information, help and support on here than doing SW online, though it may be a different story if you were attending a group.

Ive joined a weigh in forum on here for the day that I "officialy" weigh in with SW online. Find this very helpful and supportive and is another reason why wish hadnt bothered paying for SW online. I get more back from my WI forum than the SW website. Theres forums for every day of the week, maybe if you joined one for the day you choose as your weigh in (if you choose one) that could benefit you. All I did was type a post asking if I could join their weigh in day forum and a bit introducing myself and that was it. Like I say, and everyone else will 2, everyones so friendly on here. It really is good :D

Hope you are finding EE a bit easier to understand, once you get into it its a doddle. Are you aware that on the syn value for something on EE you count the LOWEST one listed - so if its 5 on Red or 3 on Green you count it as 3 syns? If you find something listed in Orange - thats the EE syn value already worked out :D

hi all im starting slimming world tomorrow (again lol) and im doing green days as im veggie so any support i can offer as when i focus i can do really well on it i will and any suppport you can offer i would b grateful as determinded to do it this time xx

hi all im starting slimming world tomorrow (again lol) and im doing green days as im veggie so any support i can offer as when i focus i can do really well on it i will and any suppport you can offer i would b grateful as determinded to do it this time xx

Hiya sv1711 - Hope you finding your return to SW ok. You sound like ur really committed to it when ur doing it - unlike me, im a bit half n half! Tho am more determined this time as bf wants us to go on holiday in bout 5 weeks, am wanting to loose a stone by then - so I defo need to give it my all. We've only been together bout 3 n half months, he doesn't eat meat. Am quite often stuck for veggie meals to do for us, so if you've any suggestions or tricks up your sleeve it'd be great to hear em. Cheers :)

Back