Going it alone...so my diary and you I hope become my group! :)

Wow gemsta, the pics are amazing. I didn't take any at the beginning as I wasn't sure its going to work. Congrats and keep at it

Thanks Emma :)

Monday 23rd March - EE

HEa - 250ml milk
HEb - 35g Porridge Oats

Breakfast
Porridge Oats made with milk and chopped banana
Options Choc Orange - 1.5 syns

Lunch
Missed... was sleeping, but breakfast wasn't until 12 ish..lol..

Dinner
Ham Salad - Ham, Baby Leaf lettuce, cucumber, celery, cherry toms, radishes, hard boiled egg
Fanta Zero

For work tonight
Apple
Banana
NAS Squash
Snack-a-Jacks - 4.5 syns

Total Syns - 6 syns

Last edited:
Tuesday 24th March - EE

Steps at work - 25,074 (11.87 miles)

HEa - 250ml milk
HEb - 2 Alpen Bars

Breakfast
NAS Squash
2 WW Sausages (1 syn), bacon, 2 x eggs, baked beans and mushrooms
Options Choc Toffee - 2 syns

Lunch
Was sleeping until half 2, so will just have a drink and some fruit for now

Dinner
Steak & SW Chips, Frylight fried mushrooms and onions
Fanta Orange

Hot Chocolate made with HEa allowance- 3 syns

For work
NAS Squash
Snack-a-Jacks - 4.5 syns
Banana
Apple
Alpen Light Bars

Total Syns - 10.5 syns

Last edited:
So when I got up earlier I decide to try my new holiday clothes on, the stuff I've brought so far. I know we still don't go for several weeks still, but my thinking was between then now and then I hope to loose another half a stone, so I my thinking been with and possible gains whilst away then what fits now will still fit then...lol.. I'm waiting on a few more bits that I got off a new site I came across, less than 10 pounds.com if the quality is ok I may get more...lol.. the sizes are hit and miss, ie they don't have all sizes in some things, but still worth a nosey, tops and trousers for around £4-6 mark can't be bad if there ok quality right especially if your still loosing :)

Will do chick, expecting the parcel in the next few days so will update once they arrive :)

And how were the clothes on? It'll feel so good being on holiday wearing all your new stuff!!

That website sounds intriguing! Let us know for sure!

Will do JB, I can't wait for them to come... They felt good! 1 or 2 tops I'm not going to take. One is a 12, but it's very loose fitting style and I never thought I'd hear myself say it but I like more fitted things now that show my figure more!...lol.. Great having size 14 tankinis rather than last years size 22. After tonight at work I have 21 shifts left (I do only work 3 nights a week though ;)..lol..)

Wow size 22 to 14 well done you! I'm now making my way down the sizes. I keep getting drawn towards the xl side of the racks and last week for the first time had to use that changing room buzzer thing to say something was way too big and could they bring me it in two sizes lower!
I've noticed when you drop to the 16-18 range things are getting quite "fitted". Thought this might be the fashion with the smaller people :)

Wednesday 25th March

Steps at work - 24,071 (11.39 miles)

HEa - 35g NuMe Reduced Fat Cheddar
HEb - 35g Porridge Oats

Breakfast
Overnight Oats made with 2 x Fat Free Forest Fruits and frozen cherries, grapes, blackberries & blackcurrants left overnight in fridge
Options Choc Orange - 1.5 syns

Lunch
Sleeping....Fanta Zero when I got up.

Dinner
Spag Bol with HEa on top
Fanta Zero

For work
NAS Squash
Alpen Light Cherry Bakewell - 3 syns
Snack a Jacks - 4.5 syns

Total syns - 9 syns

Last edited:
Clothes have arrived and I have to say for the money I'm happy on the whole..the pair of black jeans will have to go away fro a 'smaller' day...lol.. But everything else fitted. Not bad 2 pairs of trousers and 7 tops for like £40 I don't think as a stop gap for hols, some things are better quality than some of the others as they are ex-brand stuff (labels cut out). I've added a few pics of the bits I brought.

Oh and there was another vest top that's not in the pics...cream with a eagle and sunset image... 99p! ...lol...
tops3.jpgtops2.jpgtrousers.jpgtops1.jpg

So glad to have finished work this morning...lol.. Just had a lovely soak and washed my hair and am now contemplating what to have for breakfast. One things for sure...I'm going to syn some sugar and have a couple of cups of tea today...really fancy one! Not sure what I'm going to do for tea either yet. Ray's working over today and going shopping before he comes home as we have a few things to do tomorrow and will be out from late afternoon Saturday as we're going to see Mrs Browns Boys with a friend so making a bit of day of it having a meal before hand..only a pub one and I shall have steak and Jacket spud probably :) Going to try a stay up today..feel quite awake after my soak...may well be falling asleep once I've sat down properly and cooked sommat for breakfast :)

Thursday 26th March - EE

Steps at work - 19,851 (9.39 miles)

HEa - 250 ml milk
HEb - 2 x Alpen Bars

Breakfast
3 x WW Sausage - 1.5 syns, Mushrooms, Bacon, Grilled Tomato, Small tin of Spaghetti Hoops & 2 x Eggs ...starving after work..lol.. Plus didn't eat much yesterday in hindsight
2 Cups of Tea (Mmmmmmm... lovely! Might even syn some more sugar and so I can enjoy several more cups..lol..)

Apple & Grapes and another cup of tea..lol..

Lunch
Fell asleep on the sofa for 4 hours....Ooooppsss!

More tea!...lol..

Dinner
Pork Steaks with a smoked apple season rub, SW Chips, Egg and half a tin of beans
Diet Orangeade
Apple

More tea!...lol.. And 2 Alpen Light Bars HEb (Lemon Drizzle) OMG! Lovely!!!

Sugar - 11 syns (2 oz of sugar - enough for 6 or more teas)

Total Syns - 12.5 syns

Last edited:
Have you tried stevia or truvia instead of the sugar?
I still cannot have my morning coffee without syrup (reduced to a tbspn now) but can cope with stevia in my tea as the sugar substitute

I agree...I only use Canderal/Hermatas type sweetener for cooking recipes. Can not abide it in drinks. I use Truvia for my grapefruit and cereal, but just don't enjoy coffee or tea with anything other than real sugar. I don't have as much as I used too. I can get 3 drinks out of what I would have used in 2 before..lol...

I've synned some more sugar...lol.. Got a proper 'tea belly day on me! But I've had an idea to try and add some Truvia to the sugar as well to make it go even further...maybe I can ween myself of the sugar?...lol..

Wow Gemsta your pics are fantastic! You can really see the difference! One thing is the same though, you've got the same socks on :D

Back