Going it alone...so my diary and you I hope become my group! :)

Thanks Denn and Elanor :) I know everything everyone has said/says is correct, it's just getting beyond it in your own mind I guess.

So after the not that nice Chinese last night I was good and took my usual bottle of NAS squash to work along with a plum and 2 x Apples to work.
I was absolutely starving at about 5 this morning, but I was good and stayed well away from the vending machines and promised myself a massive SW fry up when I got in.

I have been thinking during the night that I'm going to do pretty much what you suggested Elanor... have as good a week as I can an have some new things and my fav meals. I'm going to make my fav SW Kebab meat tonight I think, try to keep my syns between 5-10 a day and watch my portions more on the carb side of meals.

Sounds like a good plan Gem - I know it can be disheartening when you don't see the result you want but I always find when Ive been drinking cider (no matter if its only a couple and I've been good otherwise) I never seem to lose. I don't know why that is :/

I made the kebabs last week and they were lovely - do you use lean lamb mince in yours? If so where do you get it from?

Hey! I'm doing an sp week to try and boost me! As am doing two steps forward one step back! I will get there in the end! Keep your chin up xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

My mojo comes and goes as often as a bird flys! I find myself that I'm better if I plan, but if I don't try and make better choices during the day - I've switched to black coffee if I'm having milk with my breakfast so I'm not going over the large amount I normally have, after a good chat with Jessy yesterday, I've been out and topped up my good snacks and am getting the plan together for next week.

Keep your chin up doll, I know it's hard when all you want is to see a change but trust me, it will come - I've had 4 people this week ask me if I've lost weight - when I've actually put a bit on, so going to the gym is obviously doing something!
xxxxx :)

Sounds like a good plan Gem - I know it can be disheartening when you don't see the result you want but I always find when Ive been drinking cider (no matter if its only a couple and I've been good otherwise) I never seem to lose. I don't know why that is :/

I made the kebabs last week and they were lovely - do you use lean lamb mince in yours? If so where do you get it from?

Hiya chick, I use 5% beef mince as lean lamb mince I can't find anywhere. I know I could get a butcher to mince some lean lamb steaks, but in all honesty I like ti with the beef :)

Hey! I'm doing an sp week to try and boost me! As am doing two steps forward one step back! I will get there in the end! Keep your chin up xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I've done SP before, and tbh I tend to do 2-4 days a week of SP most weeks now. The first time I had my best ever loss of 5 1/2 lbs so good luck! :)

My mojo comes and goes as often as a bird flys! I find myself that I'm better if I plan, but if I don't try and make better choices during the day - I've switched to black coffee if I'm having milk with my breakfast so I'm not going over the large amount I normally have, after a good chat with Jessy yesterday, I've been out and topped up my good snacks and am getting the plan together for next week.

Keep your chin up doll, I know it's hard when all you want is to see a change but trust me, it will come - I've had 4 people this week ask me if I've lost weight - when I've actually put a bit on, so going to the gym is obviously doing something!
xxxxx :)

It's always nice when people stop you and remark on you looking slimmer! :) We shall see what next week brings as of now I have 0 expectations so anything will be a bonus :)

Sounds like a good plan my lovely, well done for avoiding the vending machines x

Thanks Bink ;) I've been very good today. It just goes to show how your frame of mind can affect your journey. Feeling more positive helps with choices for sure! :)

I have tried it with both and I really preferred it with lamb mince - tbh I didn't buy lean mince I just cooked it on a rack and let the fat drop off. I still counted the fat as Syns to be on the safe side :)

What % mince was it what did you allow syn wise hun?

Aww gemsta I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the results you wanted!!! I know it's disheartening but just think the main thing is it wasn't a gain!!! Well done for getting straight back on it and like you said sometimea life just gets in the way!!! Hope your feeling better now and ready to look lovely and slim on your holiday!!!! Sending lots of love!!! xx

Read about my journey here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/351130-time-get-skinny-again.html

Start Weight - 11st 2.5lb
Current Weight - 8st 13lb
Goal Weight - 8st 7lb

Thursday 30th April - EE

HEA - 250ml milk
HEB - 35g Shreddies

Breakfast - 6 WW Sausages - 3 syns (I needed to use them up and was starving!..lol..) Bacon, Pot of Baked Beans, 3 eggs, Mushrooms and half a tin chopped tomatoes
2 x Options Choc Orange - 3 syns

Lunch
Was asleep but had the below when I woke up.

Small punnet of grapes and Diet Orangeade

pomegranate seeds

Kebab Meat, SW chips with Baby Leaf salad, with chopped spring onions, onion, radishes, cucumber, celery and cherry tomatoes served with homemade slaw - 2 syns for LTLM
Diet Orangeade

Will be having shreddies and milk for supper later

Total Syns - 8 syns
Weekly syns - 8 out of 70 (aiming for no more than 70 this week)

What % mince was it what did you allow syn wise hun?
average lamb mince (typically 20%) and it was 4.5 for 100g raw. I had about 250g so called it 10 Syns and let the fat drain off as much as I could. I rarely syn with meals and usually have a chocolate bar or something for 10 Syns so this replaced that for the day!!

That's the breakfast of kings! ! isn't slimming world amazing for letting us have 6 sausages for breakkie! ! Great food day

That was a great breakfast! Yum!

So glad you're feeling more positive Gemma, have a fab day today! :)

Thanks girls! I felt a bit of piggy tbh, but was so hungry on the plus side it was basically syn free and filled me up so I could have a nice little kip after work :)

Friday 1st May - EE

HEA - 250ml milk
HEB - 35g Porridge Oats

Breakfast
Overnight oats made with 35g Porridge Oats, 2 x FF Black cherry yoghurts and frozen black forest and summer fruits (half free half superfree)
Banana
Options Choc Orange - 1.5 syns

Lunch
Diet Orangeade
Leftover SW Kebab Meat, Baby Leaf salad, with chopped spring onions, onion, radishes, cucumber, celery and cherry tomatoes served with homemade slaw - 1 syn for LTLM

Dinner
Chicken & Pork with red onion, leeks, spring onions, yellow pepper, peas, mushrooms, passata, sweetcorn with piri piri seasoning herbs and spices served with 3 type chips (Potato, Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash)
Diet Orangeade
Melon, Grapes and Strawberries

Hot Chocolate - 3 syns made with milk

Total Syns - 5.5 syns
Weekly syns - 13.5 out of 70 (aiming for no more than 70 this week)

Last edited:
Back