Going it alone with Extra Easy

Ughhhh having an absolute fail of an evening! Dinner plans have gone out the window because the turkey was gone off :doh:

And then the carbon monoxide alarm in our house started bleating that there was a gas leak! We've had the landlord over to examine and the guy who fitted our stove is coming over tomorrow to check it out, but for now it's put out the fire, open the windows, put on extra jumpers and hope we don't freeze tonight! Not sure what I'll do for dinner but I still have all 15 syns left and I'm not very hungry so I'll manage to throw something together. This weekend away really can't come fast enough now!

Ughhhh having an absolute fail of an evening! Dinner plans have gone out the window because the turkey was gone off :doh: And then the carbon monoxide alarm in our house started bleating that there was a gas leak! We've had the landlord over to examine and the guy who fitted our stove is coming over tomorrow to check it out, but for now it's put out the fire, open the windows, put on extra jumpers and hope we don't freeze tonight! Not sure what I'll do for dinner but I still have all 15 syns left and I'm not very hungry so I'll manage to throw something together. This weekend away really can't come fast enough now!

Oh No :-( Sending warm hugs your way and hope the cooker dude sorts it tomorrow! X

Yep, almost five years. But the stove was just put in in September so it may still be having teething problems!

Grrrrr annoying! I've been in mine 4 years in March x

Here's how my day panned out after the disaster evening...

Breakfast : Beans on 1 slice of wholemeal toast (part heb ), tea with almond milk (part hea).

Lunch : Leftover pasta bake, an apple, and an alpen light bar (part heb ).

Dinner : Had some frozen pizza. I had all of my syns free to use so that covered some of it but probably not all of it. Doesn't even feel like a proper cheat meal as I didn't really even want it, it was just the only quick food in the house!

Anyway, hopefully it won't affect me too badly on the scales on Friday. Back to something more like normal tomorrow with a fully functioning house as well I hope! Night all!

Here's how my day panned out after the disaster evening... Breakfast : Beans on 1 slice of wholemeal toast (part heb ), tea with almond milk (part hea). Lunch : Leftover pasta bake, an apple, and an alpen light bar (part heb ). Dinner : Had some frozen pizza. I had all of my syns free to use so that covered some of it but probably not all of it. Doesn't even feel like a proper cheat meal as I didn't really even want it, it was just the only quick food in the house! Anyway, hopefully it won't affect me too badly on the scales on Friday. Back to something more like normal tomorrow with a fully functioning house as well I hope! Night all!

Hey You! I think your dinner choice given the situation was really brill, it's not like you ordered out and had a zillion syns! Plus you had your syns to cover anyway. I think you'll be ok for Friday. Hope Wednesday is smoother for you x

Wednesday! Breakfast: Muller Greek style yoghurt (.5), tea with almond milk (part hea) Lunch: Sandwich with 2 slices of wholemeal bread (heb ), ham, light mayo (1) and part hea of cheese. Freddo bar (5). Dinner: Chicken and SW chips with peas. Gravy (2). Snacks: Options (2), Pombears (4.5) Syns: 15

Fab Day! How has Thursday been? X

Fab Day! How has Thursday been? X

It's going well so far :) We were meant to be going away for the weekend on Saturday but we've decided to go a day early so heading off tomorrow afternoon, whoop! The guy never turned up to fix the stove so we still have no heating - not ideal as it's snowing here right now! So adding an extra night on to our hotel break seemed the way to go!

It's going well so far :) We were meant to be going away for the weekend on Saturday but we've decided to go a day early so heading off tomorrow afternoon, whoop! The guy never turned up to fix the stove so we still have no heating - not ideal as it's snowing here right now! So adding an extra night on to our hotel break seemed the way to go!

Any excuse to make a holiday longer is a winner in my book! What happened to the oven dude? Did half an inch of snow stop him coming out? Lol! Hope you have a fab time away. X

Any excuse to make a holiday longer is a winner in my book! What happened to the oven dude? Did half an inch of snow stop him coming out? Lol! Hope you have a fab time away. X

I think he's just lazy, he was 2 months late coming to fit the thing in the first place lol!

I am in full on holiday mode now and have cracked open a drink already haha, I'll be back on Tuesday! Have a good weekend everyone! :)

I think he's just lazy, he was 2 months late coming to fit the thing in the first place lol! I am in full on holiday mode now and have cracked open a drink already haha, I'll be back on Tuesday! Have a good weekend everyone! :)

Just what I like to hear! Have a brill time. X

Hellooooo! I'm back from my fantastic weekend away feeling all refreshed :) The words syn or healthy extra didn't even enter my vocabulary for the four days I was away, instead they were replaced by things like 'warm chocolate brownie with cream' and 'yes, I will have another beer thank you!'. :beer8: We did swim in the hotel pool every day though so no guilt here! Back to it now in the morning, so I just wanted to put up a little post tonight to get me back in the swing of things. Time for a little story and a little motivation...

So last summer, bf and I went on an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime trip around Europe for about a month. We had the best time ever, did some fantastic things and took loads of pictures - pictures that I hate to look at because I can't stand how I look in them! I was really annoyed with myself because I had made a half-hearted attempt to lose weight before going (as you can see from my stats I joined here in April last year and my username is Summer Diary because I was aiming for that summer holiday!) But I didn't shift any weight and was still in the 12 stones heading over there - not a good look for me in summer clothes.

ANYWAY, we were discussing holidays while we were away. We didn't really have any plans made to go away ourselves as bf is going on a big family holiday and I'm out of work with the last few months. But after doing some maths and some planning, we are thinking of maybe doing another interrailing trip of around two or three weeks, taking in some other countries we have always wanted to visit. So it seems I have now got a second chance to get a proper weight loss and finally have holiday pictures I'm happy to look at - and I will NOT mess it up this year!

So that is my new motivation, and I've got bf hoping to lose some weight too so there's added support there. I will be back to SW as normal tomorrow, although I think I'll skip weigh-in this week after the big weekend blow out. I have about 5 and a half months before our planned departure date and I'll prob drop my target to about 10 stone. But first I'll aim for my 10.7 target and see how I feel at that weight. Ok, bring it on! :character00115:

Hi SummerDiary! Trying to find a few more diaries to follow... Do you mind if I tag along??

I'm completely convinced today is Monday - love when that happens! So, Tuesday it is...

There is a crusty baguette sitting in the kitchen calling out to me, demanding to be slathered in real butter and wolfed down with a cup of tea! How I managed to resist it this morning I'll never know but I ate an SW friendly breakfast instead and hopefully bf might have it when he gets home from work and the temptation will be gone.

Here are my plans for today...

Breakfast: Muller Greek-style (.5), Alpen Light (3). Tea with almond milk (hea).

Lunch: Sandwich with 2 slices of wholemeal bread (heb ), ham, lettuce and light mayo (1). Maybe a homemade veg soup with it if I'm feeling very hungry.

Dinner: Glazed ham (1 for mustard), carrots, sugar snap peas, and either potatoes or couscous.

Syns so far: 5.5

Haha, love how we WANT our other halves to eat the bad food. We were given a box of those mini chocolate flapjacks - I ate three, then told my hubby he has the eat the rest so I couldn't!

Back