Going on holiday - need help with eating out...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by hpops, 11 August 2007 Social URL.

1. hpops

hpops Member

Hi I'm off to centerparcs nest week - yey!!

I've been ss for 2 months now and only have 12 pounds left to loose - yey!!

On the advice of CC on this forum I am ramping up to 1000 cals for my holiday so that I can eat!!! And then I'll go back down to (maybe) 750 - or back to SSing.

Trouble is looking at the menu's for centerparcs I am completely miffed as to what I can eat and what to steer clear from!!!

I guess as a general rule it's best to stay away from anything with a sauce.

Is minced meat ok??? For example could I have a chilli - without rice I suppose unless it was wholemeal/wild??

New potatos ok?
    Am I ok with any veg - so long as I stick to the recommended limit?
    Same question for fruit
    Is pasta ok - obviously wholemeal is best - but if it isn't is it a no no?
    what about cream cheese - is this the same as cottage cheese?
    Would it be completely dissasterous if I had a hot chocolate with cream!!!!!!! I'm totally guessing that one will be a no - but thought I'd try anyway as it's one of my favourite things about centerparcs!!
    What about indian takeaway - is there anything at all sutable on there?

Really appreciate any pointers - it feels like so long since I ate food I've forgotten what it is made of!!!!

thanks for your help

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fingers crossed

fingers crossed Silver Member

4. hpops

hpops Member

cheers for that really helpful - what am i looking for (i know it's high protien low carb - but do you know what the guidelines are)

5. fingers crossed

fingers crossed Silver Member

There is a page advising you what to have on the offical CD website. cambridge six steps to losing weight() Basically a 790 portion of protein & veg & a small portion of carbs plus 150 cals of fruit plus 2 packs. If you're not having pack then I guess you need another 250 cals of protein.

I'm not too sure as I've only done SS myself, maybe someone else will come along with more idea.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.