Going the distance............here we go again

Its just your glycogen stores filling back up coz youve knocked yourself out of ketosis Toots. As soon as you start back 100% that 4lbs will immediately disappear again.

Wise words of advice above, fret not they'll soon be gone. You've just given your body a bit of a shock. Those glycogen stores go as quickly as they come x

Wise words of advice above, fret not they'll soon be gone. You've just given your body a bit of a shock. Those glycogen stores go as quickly as they come x

Cool - how about the alcohol? ;)

xx

Back on today. Not not been around because feeling guilty (it was planned / not get-out-of-able after all) - just had a REALLY early night last night. So not used to going out on a school night, never mind boss pouring red wine down my throat ;)

Hope everyone's going strong - will try to catch up this evening
xxx

naughty boss forcing you to drink ;)

Yes, naughty boss indeed - like I tried to refuse ;)

xx

Never buying Reveal again - cheeky bleeps

In their TV highlights section they review a programme called "Will my crash diet kill me?"

This is what they say

"This documentary follows people who have been brave enough - or stupid - enough to try the more extreme kind of weight loss programmes like LighterLife or the cambridge diet"

It sums up at the end with

"Our advice is simple - get off the sofa and do some exercise instead!"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I will NEVER buy this piece of sh!t magazine again!!

xx

They clearly have never done a VLCD, or don't know anyone who has. Sheesh! Given the option to be stupid enough to to remain obese and suffer from an increased risk of heart attack, stroke and cancer, or to drop the weight with a very low calorie diet, I know which I would choose.

Hiya, I was really cynical about VLCD's until I decided the same as Slinky - it may not be the most perfect/ideal/healthiest way to lose weigh ....BUT it works - therefore it is better than the alternative which is staying overweight with all te health problems.

Maybe in some-one's perfect bubble world out there people only ever eat totally healthy food & exercise all the time, stay motivated , positive & enthusiatic .....but back in the real world where more of us reside it is not that easy, and if this works (and is backed by assurances it contains all the nutrients we need) it will do for me (for now - or until the next urge for forbidden fruits).

Hope you had a good day today anyway Toots, hopefully you are not too down about the gain - like the others said, it should drop off again quickly.

Exactly!!! How many people live in the oh so perfect world that they have time to dedicate to hours and hours a week in the gym and to plan/weigh/ measure food out everyday? Not me anyway and at least we are doing something about our predicament instead of sitting idle.

What an awful article. :mad:

If they did a shred of research they'd see that these plans are more nutritionally complete than some peoples actual eating diets? So what if its in liquid form if your body gets everything it needs? :rolleyes:

Boycott it for sure toots. :) xx

I'm freeeeeeeeeezing :sigh:

No amount of coffee is warming me up - hey ho - think will have to have a lovely warm bath!!

True blood starts again tonight :woohoo:

xxx

Lets all write to them and complain! hehe

Thanks, Babes - you too

xxx

I used to be able to warm up in the bath, but we haven't had one since November - (we do have a shower!! lol!) OH is doing up our bathroom, but we got a bit over-ambitious and decided to push through the ceiling at the same time (its a downstairs bathroom in a single storey extension) - so we have a lovely high sloping ceiling, but then he had to rebuild the wall at the side .... then he had to replaster all the walls ... then paper that to give a nice smooth base for the paint later - .. next is to put a new floor in, then fancy cladding, then painting (better choose a colour soon) ... THEN, we can put in the new bath which has been ordered and should be with us by end of january just in time for all the other work to be finished hopefully. So maybe I will get a bath in February!?

Hope you have warmed up now Toots and that you have a great weekend.

I used to be able to warm up in the bath, but we haven't had one since November - (we do have a shower!! lol!) OH is doing up our bathroom, but we got a bit over-ambitious and decided to push through the ceiling at the same time (its a downstairs bathroom in a single storey extension) - so we have a lovely high sloping ceiling, but then he had to rebuild the wall at the side .... then he had to replaster all the walls ... then paper that to give a nice smooth base for the paint later - .. next is to put a new floor in, then fancy cladding, then painting (better choose a colour soon) ... THEN, we can put in the new bath which has been ordered and should be with us by end of january just in time for all the other work to be finished hopefully. So maybe I will get a bath in February!?

Hope you have warmed up now Toots and that you have a great weekend.

It's gonna be a fantastic sanctuary for you when it's done by the sounds of it

You have a great weekend too :)

xx

True Blood new series - 33 minutes - yay!!!! So sad, so excited :eek:

xxx

:cross:Heres hoping. May even treat us to some candles and "atmospheric" lighting.

Back