Going to bed hungry, waking up full

Dreamer

Gold Member
I'm guessing that's ketosis kicking in overnight? It would make sense...if I'm very sensitive to carbs, my last Exante pack could be taking me momentarily out of ketosis making me hungry, and as the hours go by, I'm using up those carbs from the pack, and go back into ketosis overnight?

I'm guessing the solution is to delay each of my meals.

Hi hun, thats very possible! I have gone into K during the day before and been absolutley ravenous tested and not been in it, then the hunger just dissapears and i test again an hour later and im in it!

weird how our bodies work eh?

.........yep me too. It has taken me forever to get into ketosis (my fault for faffing about) but was really concerned yesterday when I tested as it had gone but later that day voila there it was again. I think I may treat ketostix like the scales and ban them. Use my clothes as a guideline to my weight loss & the knowledge that I am being 100% as a guide to being in ketosis.xx

.........yep me too. It has taken me forever to get into ketosis (my fault for faffing about) but was really concerned yesterday when I tested as it had gone but later that day voila there it was again. I think I may treat ketostix like the scales and ban them. Use my clothes as a guideline to my weight loss & the knowledge that I am being 100% as a guide to being in ketosis.xx

Lol! I know what you mean! I'm not a scale hopper but i am a serial ketostix tester!

These tools are supposed to make life easier yet sometimes i swear they complicate things!

I resisted the urge to buy ketostix (even though I saw them dirt cheap on Amazon) but I'm a scale hopper. It doesn't help when I lose lots of weight in the first half of the week then stall in the second half. If I just wait to weigh in, I'd be happy with the loss! Good to hear your thoughts on going into/coming out of ketosis :)

V

I resisted the urge to buy ketostix (even though I saw them dirt cheap on Amazon) but I'm a scale hopper. It doesn't help when I lose lots of weight in the first half of the week then stall in the second half. If I just wait to weigh in, I'd be happy with the loss! Good to hear your thoughts on going into/coming out of ketosis :)

V

Forgot to say yay for you being in K! lol

Hehe thanks. Good luck with your own journey, seems like you have an excellent motivation to reach your goals later this year :)

Yeah i do I just cant stick to it! I dunno whats wrong with me! Im sure ill sort my head out in a bit!

Yeah i do I just cant stick to it! I dunno whats wrong with me! Im sure ill sort my head out in a bit!

Ah well last night I decided I was going to give up sooner than I planned. That was during my evening hunger. But today I feel stronger. The strength comes and goes for all of us. One day at a time seems best to focus on....just make it to the next meal, then the next, etc. Bloody difficult though sometimes! Scuse the French...

V

Ah well last night I decided I was going to give up sooner than I planned. That was during my evening hunger. But today I feel stronger. The strength comes and goes for all of us. One day at a time seems best to focus on....just make it to the next meal, then the next, etc. Bloody difficult though sometimes! Scuse the French...

V

Yeah, I usually get into K quite quickly but last time i was on day 5 and still wasnt there! i just couldnt cope without being in K! Im fine once im in it! its jsut the day before i get in it i feel rubbish!

Yeah, I usually get into K quite quickly but last time i was on day 5 and still wasnt there! i just couldnt cope without being in K! Im fine once im in it! its jsut the day before i get in it i feel rubbish!

That's why I'm so reluctant to cheat, don't want to struggle with side effects while getting back into ketosis! I'm on day 5 now, and although I feel hungry in the evening for 2 hours, in general it's been a really good transition into Exante luckily. I've not had headaches, or massive cravings (except those 2 hours for the last 2 nights but the cravings weren't massive, just not nice) and I've even managed to go to the gym for an 1hr so far (another hr tonight). Strangely, a lot of people say going to the gym on Exante slows their weight loss...hoping that's not the case!

You'll be fine, once you're in, you're in :)

That's why I'm so reluctant to cheat, don't want to struggle with side effects while getting back into ketosis! I'm on day 5 now, and although I feel hungry in the evening for 2 hours, in general it's been a really good transition into Exante luckily. I've not had headaches, or massive cravings (except those 2 hours for the last 2 nights but the cravings weren't massive, just not nice) and I've even managed to go to the gym for an 1hr so far (another hr tonight). Strangely, a lot of people say going to the gym on Exante slows their weight loss...hoping that's not the case!

You'll be fine, once you're in, you're in :)

lol Ive just research why i didnt geti nto K and it was because of my meds lol! it just popped into my head to check whether it knocks you out of K and it does! how hilarious!

Looking forward to being in Ketosis!!! Jesus whizz this is hard ;)

Queen bizzle, don't give up! It is much easier after the first 3 or 4 days, and then easier again when you have your head psychologically around not eating.

Kissme, will you be able to get into ketosis on your meds then? :/

Mummytummy, because it's my first week on Exante (although I started day before weigh in), I'm already down at 206.4lbs, so under 6.5lbs to go really! On Exante that would usually take me 2 weeks (I don't have big losses like some!). Can't wait :)

Queen bizzle, don't give up! It is much easier after the first 3 or 4 days, and then easier again when you have your head psychologically around not eating.

Thanks :) I'm on day 4 now, but day one and two I cheated. Glad to have the first 100% day under my belt though now and already got through 75cl of water today!! Focus on all the positives haha xx

Kissme, will you be able to get into ketosis on your meds then? :/

Lol they are one of my pain killers and i can do without them as i only take them to top up another med that i take for that condition when I get a bad bout of the pain so yes i can do without them :)

Back