Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Only been to group and wouldnt change it for the world

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Only been Optimise and wouldnt change it for the world

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi All,

I have been going to group since July with my sis in law which I am happy to say has been successful and I have lost just over 2 stone. Unfortunatly, we are no longer able to go to that group for a while and I am making the decision whether to go to another group closer to home or go online. I wanted to know if anyone has tried this? Or both? and what your views of online are compared to group? Or just how it is for those that have always done slimming world online.

Would really appreciate your feedback!!

I have only ever gone to group so may not be the best person to comment but I definitely need to go to group as I find getting on those scales and kind of having to justify any gains helps me to stay good and loose. Plus my consultant and the other ladies at group are fabulous :)

I think u pay same amount rougly of online as group. And not as good ad goin to group. I dont think online is worth the money to be honest. I just do it at home with sw on facebook and old books and other mates n family who are soon it for support and of course minimins!!

Have tried both

I prefer going to group as the vocal support is there when I need it, tried it online and wasn't as rigorous as I need, I could be mischievous :D and there was no comeback. Figured it would have been smarter (easier) to just be a bit more strict about following the programme from the books, etc. I like going to group cos I can leaf through the new cookbooks and magazines before I decide to buy. Also like going to group cos if you get stuck or need a new idea or recipe there are lots of lovely ladies who can guide you which is exactly like on MiniMins except there are a couple of blokes on here too...!

I'm doing Optimise online due to the number of evenings I already spend out of the house during the week and wanting to spend at least 1 at home with the OH. Having read peoples comments about going to group on here, I do feel I am missing out on something not going to group, as there's no interaction with other people. Being on here does help an awful lot with that though.

I really enjoy going to Group and think I'd find it much harder doing it online as I think the interaction with others is very important.

Denise

I have only ever gone to group so may not be the best person to comment but I definitely need to go to group as I find getting on those scales and kind of having to justify any gains helps me to stay good and loose. Plus my consultant and the other ladies at group are fabulous :)

hey little strawberry. just noticed your from telford. That is my hometown ;)

On-line for me!

I guess the answer depends on your requirements. I wanted all the facilities but not having to cope with the commitment of a class/people/public WI, but some people really like that aspect. On-line was perfect for me and worth every penny to finally get slim

xx

Its inspiring when you find someone of similar height etc that has done so well, it gives me hope that I'll get there in the end.

I am also doing it online, I'm in the right mind set and don't need the thought of weighing in in front of lots of ppl to keep me going.

I went to group once before several years ago but the leader wasnt particularly inspiring. Online is working for me. That said my SIL lost 4.5st at group sessions. I think it really depends on the consultant you get.

Absolutely agree that if your head is in the right place you can do it on your own. Group is a major turn off for some people but if you think you will need the support it's probably a life saver!

My body optimise membership will end in a couple of weeks so I need to make the decision as to whether to continue with body optimise or to go to class. There is a class starting up local to me in Jan, so I'm probably going to bide my time. It being local is a big bonus :)

Body optimise was good for all the access to the website etc, but I am really looking forward to starting a class. The down side is I dont like the waiting around or all the clapping. But the good point this time for me will be joining a brand new class, that'll be nice :)

Good luck with joining class x

Hi Sophia,

I hope you enjoyed your class tonight. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

I am doing body optimise and it's working for me. I love the freedom and there is absolutely no way that I would have started this at a group. I set my own goals and I don't feel pressurised whatever has happened during the week. I am doing this for myself. However I find the prompt to weigh in weekly helps to keep me focused. I'm not sure that I could have done this without (at least in the beginning). As things progress I am trying a group because I think that I won't get much support online if things are really tough. I think that if you are determined, it probably doesn't matter either way. I think there are pros and cons either way.

Hope it goes well with the class and if you don't like it, you can always try body optimise !

Gail x

Back