Going to see a CDC tomorrow, any advice?

Uniqua

Loves being slim!
Hi everyone! Having done a bit of research, I've taken the plunge and contacted a local Cambridge diet councillor, and I'm meeting her tomorrow evening. I'm very ready to commit to this, as I so want to succeed. Has anyone got any advice before I go? Should I take anything, say anything?

I need her to be as supportive, and enthusiastic as possible, as my WW leader really wasn't, and I lost faith (She was struggling all the time and it wasn't a secret.) I've noticed the councillors on here are really positive and commited, so fingers crossed she will be too.

You don't need to take anything - other than you and your cash!

Listen to what she/he has to say .... ask any relevant questions not answered from the talk. Get an email and contactable 'phone number with best times to call (some CDC's work during the day elsewhere) and let her/him know what you want/expect from your weight loss journey.

I have some clients who arrive, weigh, choose next weeks stock, pay and go ..... rarely though! Most sit and chat about their week etc ... and go onto become more than just clients. First appointment for me is usually about 45-60 mins and second and subsequent visits normally about 20-30mins.

If you don't "gel" with this CDC then do look around for someone else as it is important to have a bond with your CDC.

Oh and good luck!!!

Hi Uniqua - Welcome to minimins and well done on making this decision! Can I ask how much you have to lose? I started wanting to lose 160lb ish on June 9th, and have lost 3 1/2 stone already (47lb ish - just back from hols!)!

My advice would be
1)Try all the flavours - there are some I assumed I would like and didnt, and others i thought i would hate and love! lol
2)STICK WITH IT There will be easy days and hard days, but on the hard days just focus on your goal and remember why you are doing this. I expeccted the first few days to be really hard, and I think as a result they weren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be!
3)Try not to weigh yourself every day - it is easy to become obsessive about it and at the end of the day your weight will fluctuate as a result of time of the day, amount of water drunk, time of the month, and many other reasons! Its not the daily losses that count, its the weekly/fortnightly/monthly losses in the long run!
4)Try to avoid temptation! Easier said than done sometimes (we have all found ourselves in unexpected situations!). I would suggest trying to make yourself a coping stratedgy (sp?) for when these situations arise!
5)Dont be disappointed - some weeks you will only lose a lb, sometimes you may stay the same. But dont let this defeat you - chances are the next week or the week after you will have a much bigger loss! If you let it beat you your weight is only going to go back up!
6)Come here for support!!! Minimins is a fab place to get support. Chances are, whatever you are going through, someone else will be or will have as well!

Hope this helps!

my only advice would be dont be afraid to ask even if you think the question is daft or you feel no one will know what your talking about or even if you need to know something more personal, I can nearly promise some1 on here knows the answer or has had same problems etc as you.
Try everything, enjoy the weight loss.
Good luck hun.xx
make sure you come on here and tell us how it went.xx

Best of luck and well done on taking the plunge you wont regret it :) :) perhaps write a list of questions you want to ask cuz i know i do get in a tizzy and forget somethings!! xx

Hi everyone! Having done a bit of research, I've taken the plunge and contacted a local Cambridge diet councillor, and I'm meeting her tomorrow evening. I'm very ready to commit to this, as I so want to succeed. Has anyone got any advice before I go? Should I take anything, say anything?

I need her to be as supportive, and enthusiastic as possible, as my WW leader really wasn't, and I lost faith (She was struggling all the time and it wasn't a secret.) I've noticed the councillors on here are really positive and commited, so fingers crossed she will be too.

Don't let other people struggles (no matter who there are) pull you down. Remember something, you are here to lose weight not to watch other struggling to lose weight (hope u understand, i wish i can really xplain in writing what i mean,but i cant:sigh:).

Well, be true to yourself and be true to your CDC, don;t be ashame cos your CDC been there, done that, thats why now she is able to help not only you, but herself and others. There is no miracle cure :sigh:for weight lose. commitment, willpower and us at minimins will get you there.
Good luck.:)

Some great advice here, so just wanted to add my encouragement! A big well done to you for starting! You wont regret it. I am 4 weeks in and really feeling good already.

Let us know how you get on with your CDC (which I am sure will be great) and keep in touch during your first week x

all of the above, and remember to take a photo and your measurements on the day you start too........
brilliant tools for encouragement!!!!!!

think everyones covered but - but good luck, you'll do great

Good luck and come back and let us know how you get on.

Sara:)

Thank you all, I really appreciate the support!
I'm hoping to lose about 2 and a half to 3 stones in total, although I've not weighed myself this week and haven't really been good with one thing and another, so it might be more....

Well I'm off to find her house, I'll let you know how it goes.
(If anyone reads this in the next 5 mins, how much money do I need to take???)

oooh probably too late but I would take £40-50 just in case you wanna buy other stuff.

Let us know how you get on xx

Well I did it! I'm going to cut down this week, and will start on Sole Source Plus next tuesday. (I have a birthday and wedding to go to this week, so I'm going to start after that.)
I've bought my shakes and soups, and a shaker to be ready to go, and so I don't back out before I start. I'm quite excited.
We talked through why I wanted to lose the weight, how much etc. SO I feel fully supported, and very clear on what I have to do, and whats in store for the future.

Thanks again for your advice and support, I wouldn't have made it through the door to see her if it wasn't for you.

good luck hunni, personally i would invest in a blender to do your shakes in i think they are smoother that way.xx

Good luck and a fabulous decision! Try using a cheap hand blender for a better mixed shake, or tetras, they are yummy and from Sept will be available in Strawberry too.

Sara:)

Hi Uniqua hope you don't mind me asking but how much did your first week set up cost (also cost of the shaker).
It came to £44.82 with the shaker for when I'm out on the road.(£3.95) as I bought 24 shakes and soups. I've decided that when I start properly, every time I want some junk food I'll put what that would have cost in a jar, that should cover the costs week by week, and help me justify the cost.

Back