Going to start Christmas Cake tomorrow

liberty_girl

Peace Love Happiness
Chop up the dried fruit, no corpes (sultanas), add one or two bottle of grand marnier and soak for six months, I know I know, it's late, soak for six week, then add flour and chocolate and eggs etc etc

YUm!!!!

(for friends and family of course ;) )

I love christmas cake!!

Looking forward to christmas cos I'm having a 2 day break from SS so that i can have a christmas dinner!!

xx

Wow... that sounds fantastic!! I'm gonna try my hand at a crimbo cake this year for the 1st time ever, my little boy is now loving cake so thought it would be nice for us to make one together. I've never seen a recipe with choc in tho... sound superb... is there any chance you could let me have the recipe??

Jules xx

and me!!!

hopefully i'll be at goal by then and maintaining amazinglly well (i hope!!)

i dont really like it, but be good to offer "homemade xmas cake" when visitors come!! x

OOooh - I am not one for Christmas cake, but it still makes me excited to think we are getting closer to the big day! Yay!! x

me and my best mate have agreed to make a small one each this year so that we're not eating it for months :) can't wait to do it. will probably do it some time this month. but how do you know how much alcofrol you've put in it without tasting the batter?

abz xx

Wow... that sounds fantastic!! I'm gonna try my hand at a crimbo cake this year for the 1st time ever, my little boy is now loving cake so thought it would be nice for us to make one together. I've never seen a recipe with choc in tho... sound superb... is there any chance you could let me have the recipe??

Jules xx

I would love to, but it was given to me by a friend who is trying to sell is commercially so I better not. I think Nigella does a chocolate christmas cake ;)

I've only ever made a Christmas cake once and it was lovely, but I made royal icing as I much prefer it and forgot the glycerine. We practically had to chisel the cake open!

hee :D well mine sunk in the middle a bit last year so when i did my snow scene on the icing on the top my penguins were skiing down a bit more of a slope than anticipated :D

abz xx

hehehehe, haven't started yet, it was hell to get all the dried fruit I needed, and the fruit has to soak for about six weeks, so I will take a pic when I've made it. :D

i dont like xmas cake i just eat the marzipan and icing! bf loves it though so we just buy one from tesco!!! my mum makes her own and puddings aswell

you soak the fruit for six weeks? in alcofrol? or something else? i just bunged all mine in :D

abz xx

Back