Going to the gym: should i take a personal trainer?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by GingerJV, 15 June 2014 Social URL.

1. GingerJV

GingerJV Silver Member

Hello everybody! tomorrow is a big day for me! I am going to the gym;-) Just wanted to ask for advice guys. Should i take a personal trainer or should i try first to do everything myself? Who has an experience of working out with personal trainer? Is it worth of money? Thanks for any help!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. elm

elm Silver Member

Start Weight:
    300.6lb
    Current Weight:
    286.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    137lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.4lb(4.79%)
    Diet:
    Finally, taking control!
    Usually when you join a gym, they give you a free trainer for one session. Or some gyms here in America give you a free trainer for a month 3 times a week and then you pay if you decide to keep them. From my experience, I worked harder with a personal trainer but it's just too expensive. My gym offers classes so I do that (kick boxing, Zumba, toning circuit, etc) instead of working out on the machines at no extra cost.

4. GingerJV

GingerJV Silver Member

thanks a lot guys! I understood that personal trainer is a good idea;-) I've been at the gym many years ago;-)) So I just refreshed in the memory everything i knew and today started to work myself. The trainer in the gym gave me some advices. But i decided to try to hire my first personla trainer;-)) Cross fingers my knees not to spoil everything(( The reason i quit with gym was injure of my knees(( but many years have passed so i hope knees feel better now and will let me to work out to the full;-)))