Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Hello there, thank you for my lovely welcome back, great to meet you! Your food sounds delicious, some great ideas for me to use to get back in the zone, I will not be doing induction but want to get back to reducing my carb intake. Bulletproof coffee sounds amazing but don't suppose decaf would be any good?
:)

Thanks Sandra, nice to meet you too.

its hard to get back in the zone after being out for a bit but its always doable and just takes a few days, that's what I find.

you would have to check out the bulletproof coffee link above to see if you can do it with decaf. I'm not sure but I do know people on the threads are on decaf or tea and do it. Not sure if they get the full benefits of weightloss though.

Morning everyone,

yesterdays menu was
pretty much the same as the day before the only thing that I like to have different is dinner. So had chicken with spring greens. Oh and instead of 2 slices of wheatgerm bread I enjoyed one with more filling :)

today I am down again to 10.4.8 :):) :) :) I am now almost sure it's the bulletproof coffees because since drinking 2 on a morning instead of breakfast I'm losing constant. I start eating at around 11am and stop eating after 9:30pm last night was a handful of blueberries and 3 straws with double cream.

I desperately need to buy some more butter, going to get a good few Kerry gold unsalteds and waiting on my coconut oil delivery, I love the tiana ones.

Hope you all have a great day!

Wow the coffee approach really sounds like its going great guns for you Goldi!

What sort of coffee do you use?

Thanks susie, yes I do believe it is the coffee. I use kenco Brazilian or kenco Peruvian when I don't have nespressos in. Ay coffee will work because its not so much the coffee but the heavy amounts of coconut oil and grass fed butter you put in. Huge amounts of fat but I believe this is what's making me lose what feels like rapidly.

ive never stood on the scales and saw numbers shoot down like this since I was in my first ever week of the starvation Cambridge diet :)

Thanks so much Val, I am beyond shocked and can only put it down to the 2 tbs of butter and 2 tbs of coconut oil in each 500 ml of coffee. Drink t black, after you've blended/whisked it up it looks like you've got milk or cream in and doesn't taste like bitter black coffee at all. It's s creamy and leaves your lips feeling all balmed up :) yummyyummy

Oh and ps on the bulletproofs you may need to take a digestive enzyme to break down the fat if your not used to such high amounts but I've noticed my body seems to be handling it fine and it makes you regular which is anther bonus,

Hi goldilukes
well done on your loss. the coffee sounds amazing I can see myself whizzing one up in the morning! Do you have the coffee strong?

Yes I put two heaped tsp of coffee (any) but prefer the stronger ones and never go for mild in a jug, 2 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp coconut oil and add 500 ml boiling water, whizz it up and it's gorgeous. 2 on a morning instead of breakfast this past 4 days only and have gone from 10.8 to 10.4 :)

Morning everyone, I'm still 10.4.8 same as yesterday :) so that's great, it helps me believe that it's not just a dream haha.

im not doing anything different, I'm even having 2 slices wheatgerm bread and a handful of berries. Not bad at all!

i haven't done any exercise for the past 3 days mostly because I'd been suffering with horrible headaches but didnt have. Headache yesterday Nd hoping today's the same and I've broke the cycle. Whenever I get headaches and take pain meds, I can guarantee that il have a headache again the next day, it's weird and since being on this diet I'd only started getting them at totm. It's not totm so I was worried about having them but fingers crossed none for the past day so I can get back to running around the land here. I love running outside at golden hour when the birds are settling for the night. Lovely breezes etc, whereas during the day it's been so warm and I've found running hard in the heat.

i hope you are all keeping well?
has anyone tried the bulletproof coffee?

Hi Goldi, thanks for the link. I'm at here drinking my first bulletproof coffee, it's gorgeous. So pleased I know about this one! Have a great day.

Excellent! Yeah they are pretty tasty :) as long as you get past the ingrained idea that fat is bad for us then popping all that butter in to the coffee is like second nature, then once you see the weight budge its like a euphoric moment and the coffees taste even better :)

Oh you should susie and let me know how you get on with it :)

Today's menu and some exciting I think news...

B 2x bulletproof coffees
L 3 slices bacon, 1 poached egg
D salmon, fried in butter, 1 tsp Diablo chilli, 1 tsp easy garlic, 1 tsp easy ginger, rocket, spinach and watercress sauted.

Mid afternoon snack
2 slices wheatgerm bread 8. Something carbs per slice, 1/4 taw valley cheese filling and 1 slice of ham. Cheese filling has approx 5g carbs per 1/4 pot

20g Canadian cheddar and 6 black grapes.

exciting news bit, I think :)
I heard a lot of good stuff about cacao butter and cacao powder on the paleo diet forums and basically cacao butter has no carbs and is extremely good for you, it also tastes and smells of chocolate so I ordered some and will make myself a bullet proof mocha on a night time from time to time. First one tonight was lovely.

2 tsp fav coffee
1 tsp cacao powder
4 squares cacao butter
1 tbs cream
400ml boiling water
whisk it up and off you go :) a very mild mocha that almost has a dark choc taste.

Oh bulletproof mocha sounds yummy, going to try the coffee over weekend, just need to buy butter and coconut cream, will let you know how I get on. Your food sounds delicious by the way!

Awe thanks slaj, the coffee is gorgeous and so filling whilst getting your good fats up. Wished I'd came across them sooner.

Today I'm up to 10.5 on the nose from 10.4.8 so not bad plus I feel extra lean, not sure how else to explain it but can feel my ribs and hips and my stomach which I was worried about being left with droopy skin seems to be pulling back in place...weird...no sit ups at all. Weight and melting it is a weird game and I am surprised each day at the changes.
i don't believe I will ever go back, do you know I'm even getting asked for I'd every time I buy a pack of cigarettes and I'm 31. Was nice at first now it's starting to get embarrassing especially as I never carry ID.

i know I shouldn't smoke but one step at a time, diet comes first then I am planning on cutting down to nothing just couldn't do both upheavals at once.

had 1 bulletproof coffee and 1 coffee with double cream plus small palm sized amount of dried cranberries and a 20g stick of Canadian cheddar. Feel great!

hope you all have a great day!

Back