Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Well I can happily confirm that since 13th March 2013 I have gone from a size 16/18 at a squeeze to a comfortable size 12. From 12.6 to 10.5 and feel utterly fantastic!
I exercise almost daily and can sing my head off whilst doing so without sounding like a strangled fat cat ;)

I'm so proud of myself, my mam has not seen me in a while and I'm dying for her to see me and be proud.

Ive still got another stone and half to lose but I'm not rushing it since all my weight took a long time to pile on in the first place. I have to keep that in mind next time I become impatient.

I sincerely hope I don't bore anyone with this but wanted to write it down in my diary to look back on incase I get overcome by the set point monster and feel the need to give up.

I bought a an armless top, pair of jeans and a dress from Topshop/warehouse all in size 12 and felt like a little princess in the changing room for the first time in my life. I actually stood crying and had to wait until my face had cooled down before leaving the room.

I must remember how good these times feel every time I think of swapping diets or giving up. I've never thought of the latter but just incase :)

the sun is shining and I even managed to grab a costa coffee from over the road to my house with extra shot and cream so I am a happy teddy and can go over there now when Internet is bad and have a coffee guilt free.....so glad I asked for cream instead of assuming it would be soya milk or nothing.

Morning everyone,

Yesterday's menu was

B 20g apricot Stilton, 20g red cheddar? I think...its in my home journal anyway.

L 7 prawns, cupful lettuce, mayo ah and the red cheddar with this not for breakfast.

D 2 slices m&s high bran bread 9.1g carb each with taw valley cheese and onion sandwich filler

S I made a plate of the fruit cheeses, each piece around 25g. Apricot, blueberry, cranberry and plum and honey I got these cheeses from m&s and they were all reduced to £1.50 :)
(there was a mango and ginger one but 20g carb per 100g so i left it, don't like to go over 15g as feel thats high enough) washed down with an episode of love and marriage :)

I live over the road from a services which has costa and treat myself to 2 medium, extra shot coffees with cream :) glad they do this and they were lush on the go.

i eat a lot of cheese :( hmmmm

water at least 3 litres, slacking yesterday as was out and about and had t use practically every shops loos.

coffee 5 including the costas so not bad for me.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone,

weighed in this morning at just below 10.5 :) lowest ever!!!!!!!!! :)

started the day so far with a coffee, 70cl bottle water and 28g apricot Stilton
Sun is supposed to come out today so fingers crossed :) plus we have a family coming to pick up their new puppy today so will miss the little one. He is tiny and such a cutie but they live in Durham also so that's just round the corner. Couldn't be happier :)

hope you all have a great day :)

Oh that's lovely that they live close by, so you can keep an eye on the puppy's progress :)

Enjoy the sunshine, it's lovely here today too :D

Exactly susie, it's very nice when they live closer. We have had a few move to Kensington, Cambridgeshire and Kent so very far away.

Morning everyone, I need new scales- digital ones because the dial has been going down Nd down to under 10.5 but not sure if its 10.4 or what because every time I lean forward to get a better look it moves. Anyway it's all good news and honestly I've no idea how. It's ever since I started eating 2 slices of high bran bread per day and these fruit cheeses. It's amazing. I'm averaging around 40g carbs per day and losing steadily after a whole month stall.

I pushed myself hard on the treadmill last night until I was dripping because I am the kind of person who doesn't like to be uncomfortable and knew by pushing high intensity whether I liked it or not I'd be doing the best for me in the long run. I kept the thought of myself looking even more trim in my polka dot dress from top shop. Just this thought made me push so I must remember next time I want to give up I need to focus on the amazing things to come if I stick to it.

had my morning piece of cheese - red cheddar with my coffee :)

the sun is out and I have a feeling today is going to be beautiful, hope you all have a great day!

What a fab post to read Goldi, well done!
Ooh, I forgot to quote - I had been reading the post where you'd been in Warehouse changing room, trying on size 12 clothes, what a fantastic feeling.

Thanks super :)me

its a lovely feeling but then I read on the daily mail website about high street stores changing their sizing to encourage all women to come in and buy s really a 16/18 is labeled 14 etc...yes they have been doing it for years now.

Thanks Val, it does feel rather great :)

Last night I ate too late and just before bed which seemed to show on the scales this morning. Back to 10.6 on my salter scales but bought brand new digital ones so I an actually measure my weight properly. The digital register at 10.88 so that's only 2lbs ish up from my mechanical ones which is great.

at least il be able to see the numbers as when stood on a mechanical one the pin moves when you try and bend down to see the exact numbers.

So I'm starting again from 10.88 and will put the mechanical ones away for now.

yesterays menu was packed full.
b cheese, 1 chorizo and Gouda stick, 4 slices bacon, 2 sausages
L 2 slices high bran bread with taw valley cheese and onion filling.
D filet steak, 6 green beans, 5 asparagus spears, 1 heaped tsp of Bernaise sauce.
S 25g blueberry cheese
S 1 chorizo and Gouda stick
S 28g cranberry Stilton
S mint choc bark with 1tsp cream very nice. Because it was cold out of fridge and mixed together made me think of mint cho ice cream.

coffee x 6
water 75cl bottles x 5
vitamin
20 min max walking speed before running 4.4 and I was sweating, love when sweat pores in to eyes. T helped cool me down because it gets hot in my porch since the summer started.

I won't let it get me down, I will keep chipping away until I'm down to 10.4 hopefully by next week :)

Hi emmalm,

i take 3 tablespoons coconut oil and put it in a microwaveable plastic Tupperware tub, melt down for 60 seconds, then add 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 and half tsp stevia, 1 tsp of either peppermint, orange or rose food flavouring and mix well. Freeze for around 1 hour then pop out on to a plate which then goes in fridge for when I want to break a piece off.

Morning everyone,

today my digital scales read 10.7 :) which means I've lost a 1b 8 ounces since 2 days ago. Really happy since I've been eating plenty of fruit cheese, Stilton and cranberry being my fav.

i didn't update my diary yesterday or the day before come to think of it but it was mostly Snacking on the go with so many coffees and cream :( ran out of soya cream and couldn't find any left of shelf yesterday so bought some double pouring cream instead.

Basically my actual food journal looks like this( Ive kept a diary since April and write in it every day then transfer the details here)

b cheeses
l 2 slices high bran 9.1 g carb per slice with cheese and onion filling
d steak, 4 sprouts, 4 broccoli stems, cook spoon full of cabbage greens wilted
snacks more cheese pieces on the go

loads of coffee and loads of water.

hope you are all enjoying the weather?

Morning hun

Well done on the scales coming down, sounds to me like you've really got a handle on what works for you in low carb :)

Re the soya, I've followed Moonlight's advice and gone to almond milk - and it's lovely, plus it doesn't curdle in hot coffee! :)

Ahhhhh almond milk, I picked some up yesterday :) I noticed the carb Nd cals were much better than soya. Glad to hear it doesn't curdle, hate the curdlemiester and have to drink coffee blindfolded unless of curse costa make it for me so it's hidden under froth which is hidden under a lid ;) I do feel I have a handle on maintaining for my current weight but I know in my heart the cheese has to come down for me to to get to 10stone Nd under. How Re you today?

Well done on getting those scales moving again.

Back