Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Hi busy, I don't have enough for a full week either and mostly only bars with 1 porridge, 2 shakes. Not balanced haha.

Did you enjoy exante? I've heard loads about it. Did you lose well on it?

oh I hope I can shift something on the strict cd for the week....hope.

I did exante as it was easier to obtain than CD, the only difference to CD is the branding and packaging Lauren. It's just another vlcd I imagine. The diet was hard but I did lose on it. I was on the exante forum for support and looking at people's stats found the more you have to lose the greater the rate of losses. It's very mentally challenging, especially if you don't see good results. Needless to say I put all the weight back on after as it was as if I had been imprisoned, lol. I couldn't do it again for a long period but wouldn't discount it to drop 5-10lbs for a special occasion or like you if I had a bad stall.

You'll definitely lose at least 5lbs I imagine, and hopefully you'll be ok if you slip back into strict induction next week.

Hope it's ok to ask but will you be adding a meal with your Cambridge? I think you're meant to be at least a stone over bmi 25 to sole source? I'm sure a week won't hurt - vlcd can be a metabolism wrecker but mostly if you do it long term - but do be careful if you feel like you need more. Xx

I did exante as it was easier to obtain than CD, the only difference to CD is the branding and packaging Lauren. It's just another vlcd I imagine. The diet was hard but I did lose on it. I was on the exante forum for support and looking at people's stats found the more you have to lose the greater the rate of losses. It's very mentally challenging, especially if you don't see good results. Needless to say I put all the weight back on after as it was as if I had been imprisoned, lol. I couldn't do it again for a long period but wouldn't discount it to drop 5-10lbs for a special occasion or like you if I had a bad stall.

Morning busy,

How much did you lose on it?
yeah they are hard work aren't they? I couldn't think of anything but food last time I did it. Hope I can crack t this time.

You'll definitely lose at least 5lbs I imagine, and hopefully you'll be ok if you slip back into strict induction next week.

Hopefully because putting myself through torture I want to see some results and I'm hoping I can get back on induction easy enough :)

Well done on resiting the chocs. and getting back to 10.4 :)

thanks Val, it was very hard if Im honest even this far in the habit is still there...I've been enjoying nights of DVDs for the past few nights. Hadn't done this since march when I started dieting because I love snacks whilst watching tv.

How are you keeping?

Hope it's ok to ask but will you be adding a meal with your Cambridge? I think you're meant to be at least a stone over bmi 25 to sole source? I'm sure a week won't hurt - vlcd can be a metabolism wrecker but mostly if you do it long term - but do be careful if you feel like you need more. Xx

Morning moonlight,

i don't mind you asking at all. I had thought of doing just 1 shake, 2 bars for 1 week then do another of add a meal to get me ready for induction, not sure how I will play it but likely take the scenic route :)

Good morning everyone,

yesterday I ate the cleaning out my cupboard diet and lost some weight :) I'm 10.3.6 my lowest lowest ever! :)

menu
B 3 coffees with soya cream.
L 1 choc mint Cambridge bar.
D curly kale, Diablo chilli, garlic and salmon.
S 2x 20g red cheddar, 1 x 20g vintage cheddar, 2 slices ox tongue, 1 Atkins bar choc decadence.
1 coke zero
water 3-4 litres
coffee with soya cream 3

The Cambridge bar was lovely and I ate this at lunch time with no affects. Lucky.

THe Atkins bar I ate and within 10-20 mins I had the worst stomach cramp ever.....they are now all going in the bin...I'm adamant I'm not finishing them off...no way Jose.

so I'm very happy this morning because not only am I down in weight I'm down in other foods so I don't feel so guilty about things going in the bin. I'm finishing my cheeses off whilst using up my cd packets until I book to go back for a fresh new weeks worth probably this week. I've got around 3 bars, 2 shakes and a porridge so need to go get some more and I have really quite fancied a banana milkshake in ice. I know when I get them in il not be fancying them anymore when that's all I can eat....lol

il still post on here since this is my diary and I like you guys loads, plus il be back just want to drop this last stone and half then maintain with the Atkins tools because I know Atkins is great for maintaining :)

has anyone ever wanted to try Joe cross juice diet from fat sick and nearly dead? I watched the show on channel 5, was inspiring :)

Last edited:
Are you allowed more than 1 bar per day on CD? All the others say just 1 otherwise you get to run to the park all day lol. Sorry if that's TMI :D

Morning Lisa

my CDC said we could have 3 and that she has had clients who've successfully lost same as people on shakes. I know you can have two properly from Cambridge website providing you don't eat 2 of the chewy ones. I think, peanut, choc crunch, mint choc, fudge? Nd yoghurt can be eaten more than the cranberries and choc chew ones.

yes too many make you crap yourself ;) lol

Last edited:
Morning Lauren,

How did it go yesterday? Remember its easier on day 2-3, but if it gives you a leg up into the 9's it'll be worth it x.

I lost 18lbs in one month, start weight was 11.3. That's the heaviest I've been and was astonished I'd let myself go that far. It was hard as I love to cook and missed having family dinners. Looking back it really wrecked my head as when I came off it I was like a fiend for food!! Lol. I really take my hat off to those who do it for months on end.

Morning Lauren,

How did it go yesterday? Remember its easier on day 2-3, but if it gives you a leg up into the 9's it'll be worth it x.

I lost 18lbs in one month, start weight was 11.3. That's the heaviest I've been and was astonished I'd let myself go that far. It was hard as I love to cook and missed having family dinners. Looking back it really wrecked my head as when I came off it I was like a fiend for food!! Lol. I really take my hat off to those who do it for months on end.

Morning busy, you must have missed my post. Yesterday was great but I wasn't on it, today will be better as I get through my cheeses until they have gone. Booking in for a fresh stock of cd products this week :) just busy eating my old stock now.

18lbs is great! But I know exactly what you mean as it really does mess with the head. It did this same to me I was like a demon possessed. 11.3 isn't that big, don't beat yourself up. I got to 14 stone once but a lot of that was muscle as I used to weight train...at my softest and fastest I was 13 stone no muscle...just oils pilsbury dough women :(

10.3 wow, wow, wow!! Sounds like you got your head on and tbh it sounds like a good action plan.
You'll be there in no time, by looking at your stats I bet you'll look skinny by circa 9.10-9.7 anyway x.

Ha ha about the cleaning cupboard diet....you should capitalise in it ;-), with some good branding and packaging, lol.

Well done Lauren, you're doing so well. Good luck with CD. I've got loads of exante porridge if you want it? I don't like it and can't be bothered with vlcd anymore!

10.3 wow, wow, wow!! Sounds like you got your head on and tbh it sounds like a good action plan.
You'll be there in no time, by looking at your stats I bet you'll look skinny by circa 9.10-9.7 anyway x.

Ha ha about the cleaning cupboard diet....you should capitalise in it ;-), with some good branding and packaging, lol.

I should totally capitalise on it..patenting it now! Lol

i don't think il look skinny at 9 anything judging by my shape, it's unfortunate but just the way it is. I'm going to need to be in the 8s or if I hit the gym big time which is highly doubtful...because I'm terrible then I could look ok in the 9s.
id kill to look like your shape awe so jealous!

Back