Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Hi Lauren,

Don't worry about stuff too much. Just get you rested, fudge better and the new baby settled.

We'll be here when you need us xx.

Popping in to say hi.

Morning everyone,

thanks so much for still being here for me and for your lovely comments on fudge. Her and little pup are doing well :)

i have been naughty at times, currently I'm 10.2.8 today so not bad.

The other day we had been running around to vets etc and were starving, I had nothing in the house to eat and he sent me for a McDonald's for him, I usually just get myself a costa cream coffee but thought il get a double cheeseburger and get rid of the bun as usual. I got back home and thought sod it, ate the bun..I was so hungry and thought its only a little bread but after I was finished its like I'd woken up out of a spell. So strange and I immediately came over all sleepy and had half an hour like a dead person on the sofa. Horrible and will never be stupid and do that again.
1 hour later and I was hungry again craving all sorts.....terrible and very off putting.

other than that I've been ok, not ate a great deal because just been so busy seeing to the dogs and rearranging the outside some for them.

Ive pretty much snacked on cheese, handfuls of dried cranberries, ox tongue, and stuff that I've eaten before in my diary.

I did buy some fish in parsley and butter sauce to go with veg. I also bought some swede mash which was low ish ion carbs, I am just sick of eating green veg and fancied a variety. Anyone have any ideas what we an have?

Oh and my sleeping pattern is all over the place s have been bedding it late and waking late not getting a quite chance on a morning to come in here...I'm knackered this morning but forced myself up to get back in routine. Oh and I did my treadmill again too :)

So back to filling in my online diary here and catching up with you all on yours.

Hi Lauren. Good to hear from you. I was reading it with a wry smile. It seems to me that sometimes life sort of hijacks you. It certainly does me! The main thing is that we know where we are headed and get back on track. :)

Lol Lynne, I thought the same about life hijacking us except even though I know these things happen, I'm never prepared.
will learn one day but still focused so that's a good thing. Hope you are well?

Hi Lauren. Good to see you back and to hear that Fudge is doing well. I love swede! When I was low carving I used to do quite a lot with turnips. You can fry or bake them as chips or roasties, stir fry, or put them in a stew type meal, where if they are cooked long enough they are really delicious. If undercooked they can be a bit bitter though, but when we'll cooked they are great.

Quick update before heading off to deal with the doogies, just had a bulletproof coffee since I'd gone off them in quite a big way but been inspired reading diaries today so thought I'd get my utensils out and knock one up......oh my I need to stay by the loo just now, it didnt go down well and I'm feeling very nauseous. I wonder if il ever be able to have them again at some point??...I think it's the coconut oil? Not nom nom :( I love the weight loss benefits and appetite suppressant but I don't think the next one will stay down.

*edit* just washed my utensils and cup quickly as to hide the smells and evidence that I drank one today, oh the thought keeps purging on me :(

Last edited:
Thanks moonwatcher, will play around with them :) how are you doing on the WW?il be hoping to catch up properly later today :)

Quick update before heading off to deal with the doogies, just had a bulletproof coffee since I'd gone off them in quite a big way but been inspired reading diaries today so thought I'd get my utensils out and knock one up......oh my I need to stay by the loo just now, it didnt go down well and I'm feeling very nauseous. I wonder if il ever be able to have them again at some point??...I think it's the coconut oil? Not nom nom :( I love the weight loss benefits and appetite suppressant but I don't think the next one will stay down.

Perhaps cut down the oil to start with and build up gradually again?

Thanks moonwatcher, will play around with them :) how are you doing on the WW?il be hoping to catch up properly later today :)

I'm really back in the WW groove thanks Lauren. Have started the school hols now and OH has quite a bit of leave too and it has been good to be able to eat out easily with more choices. I have decided I really need to give up the wheat once and for all. I had sneaked it back in and hoped I could tolerate it, but the pain and bloating (and associated, shall we say... 'bathroom issues') are just too much. Despite being bloated with the wheat I lost 2.8 lbs last week, so I was very happy with that. Am currently reading the Wheat Belly book by William Davis - very interesting.

Hi Lauren

Glad to see you back! Know what you mean about sleep being all over the place - I tossed and turned the night before last, but last night, went to sleep about 1am, and woke up as fresh as a daisy at half seven - think it's the fresher colder air. Sunshine is lovely - during the day! :)

Re other veg - don't forget the yummy celeriac, and asparagus xx

SOOZ !! Hello, thanks for that. Just about to do an online shop. Never tried celeriac. I have promised myself everytime I shop, I will try one veg or fruit I have never had before ! Hope all is well in the World of Lady Felsham. chips xx

Am currently reading the Wheat Belly book by William Davis - very interesting.

Moonie! Well just seen you pass my thread with the speed of Usain Bolt ! Thanks for the Like. Will check out the book. chips x

Moonie! Well just seen you pass my thread with the speed of Usain Bolt ! Thanks for the Like. Will check out the book. chips x

Haha! Trust me Chips - I'm pretty sure that is going to be the the one and only time in my life that anyone ever compares me to Usain Bolt! The book is a very interesting read. I think these books often have an agenda (buy my products, pay membership to my club etc.,) but nevertheless, very convincing and thought provoking - personal anecdotes and experience, backed up with the science.

SOOZ !! Hello, thanks for that. Just about to do an online shop. Never tried celeriac. I have promised myself everytime I shop, I will try one veg or fruit I have never had before ! Hope all is well in the World of Lady Felsham. chips xx

Chipster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx Hello babes how are you?

Sorry I've not been posting much on the other site, so it's lovely to see you posting here :D

All good, I'm going back to low carb next week, once I clean the cupboards out, because I've confirmed that I'm gluten sensitive - so it's bye bye wheat and helo bacon and eggs :D

Sounds like your really busy Lauren but doing well with your food. Every time I think about a bp coffee, I think yuck but then they sound so good when reading about them. Will definitely try them, but maybe after my holiday, I've never bought coconut oil before. :)

Perhaps cut down the oil to start with and build up gradually again?

I'm really back in the WW groove thanks Lauren. Have started the school hols now and OH has quite a bit of leave too and it has been good to be able to eat out easily with more choices. I have decided I really need to give up the wheat once and for all. I had sneaked it back in and hoped I could tolerate it, but the pain and bloating (and associated, shall we say... 'bathroom issues') are just too much. Despite being bloated with the wheat I lost 2.8 lbs last week, so I was very happy with that. Am currently reading the Wheat Belly book by William Davis - very interesting.

Congrats on the loss! :) seems you are really back in the groove. It's funny isn't it how we only notice what effects us once we have cut it out for a while then tried it out again. Can you imagine how used to eating bad we all must have been before any diets at all. I ate cake, choc, crisps, bread, pasta, rice, doughnuts, the lot. I reckon if I ate these again in those amounts id be in agony. My mam is the same, she cut out gluten around 2 years ago now and when ever she gets caught out she suffers tremendously. I've never heard of that book, will I get it on Amazon?

Hi Lauren

Glad to see you back! Know what you mean about sleep being all over the place - I tossed and turned the night before last, but last night, went to sleep about 1am, and woke up as fresh as a daisy at half seven - think it's the fresher colder air. Sunshine is lovely - during the day! :)

Morning susie,
thanks, glad to be back :) I think this heat has a lot to answer for although I'm suffering 10x less than I used to with the weight gone. I used to hate summer! Now I love it. I took the dogs for a walk on the field last night and I needed a body warmer I was that cold. Oh half keeps calling me the little Atkins freak lol

Sounds like your really busy Lauren but doing well with your food. Every time I think about a bp coffee, I think yuck but then they sound so good when reading about them. Will definitely try them, but maybe after my holiday, I've never bought coconut oil before. :)

Morning val, busy and doing ok diet wise which I suppose is better than giving up :) you 8 stone yet? ;)
Bp coffees for me used to be so tasty I gag now so need to cut down my coconut oil, I use 2 tbs too much for me now. I get tremendous stomach pains after, wonder if that's because I have eaten bad things and built up candida again in my gut? Hmmm wonder.

they do full you up for hours, give energy and aid in weight loss, I wish I could keep mine down. Start off small on the coconut oil say 1-2 tsp and build up. I'm going to have to start over and build up again too.

Morning everyone, I'm 10.2.4 today so slowly going back down in the right direction. I'd love to see the 9s next week but we also have another girl due to have her pups so its likely going to knock my diet out of whack again. We will see. They never have their pups during the day when the vet is open, they always start at around 1am on a weekend too lol.

Menu yesterday

B bulletproof coffee
1 cream coffee

L cod fillet, swede and carrot mash 80g = 5g carb
pudding- 100ml double cream with raspberries, Morello cherries blended. Very nice and refrigerated tastes like a lovely fruity mousse, did add 1 tsp stevia.
D 1 slice hovis wheatgerm bread 9g carb with 100g chicken tikka sandwich filler 5g carb

s ox tongue, 1 Atkins mint bar.
I had around 13 of these bars left so decided to just eat 1 per evening with my last coffee, funnily enough no stomach pain at all and I'm still managing to go to the park normal. I can't however get away with eating these during the day or more than 1 per day. So until they are gone its 1 per night.

Water around 2-3 litres slacking for me
1 glass coke zero
3 soya cream coffees
1 cream coffee

its much milder weather here today and we have had bat people come every evening and stand in our garden with little sonar type things. We live on farmland and so we have loads of bats and owls. It's wonderful but wish the people would bugger off now, my dogs go mental! Lol hope you all have a great day!

Back