Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Morning everyone,

Weighed this morning and I am now 9.12.6 I actually thanked my scales and if I knew for sure that only my bare feet where ever on them I'd have kissed them :)

I'm gobsmacked and totally over the moon. Wow I think this could be my next little peak which usually is a good drop which stays the same for a few days or goes up slightly but remembers the number so can get back ok. A bit like 1 step forward 2 back but with weight. Edging my way in the right direction is slow but I'm glad because it allows my body and brain to catch up. I'm frightened of losing too much although I am sure now I could lose more if I cut stuff out, however I'm going to keep going the way I am and use my ace card for when I'm so close to goal 8.13 and stuck otherwise if I cut back now there will be no cards to play. Just my little game plan :)

i took. Walk yesterday for what felt like miles long country lanes and then I found an old disused railway track and walked that all the way back until I could see my house in the distance and started heading towards it :) did get sightly lost but didn't care. My poor dog bless him, he was knackered and we both come back gagging for water and covered in little squirmy black insects :(

Today I'm walking again with a different dog and found some exercises online to target inner thigh fat and batwings so can't wait to incorporate them to my regime.

Oh and ps no more park problems, coconut oil and walking......couldn't be happier.

Menu yesterday.
B 2 coconut oil nespressos 1 tbs in each with touch cream.
L half pack ox tongue, 25g red cheddar, 1 pepperami and a Pepsi max.
D salmon, vegetable stir fry, garlic, Diablo chilli, red peppers and a touch of soy sauce.
s 25g vintage cheddar, 2 slices ham, 25g Stilton., 7 dried cranberries.

coffees now with soya cream mostly, il only treat myself to a cream one mornings or evenings when dogs have gone to bed. I never get to fully enjoy day time ones because I'm always on the move cleaning something up or stopping petty fights over dog chews :(

have biggest loser left to watch on catch up. Finished the obese and fat, a fight for life all watched. Very inspirational and shows we can do it. I need shot, those people were over 10 stone more than me and running for miles...I'm terrible.

anyway, hope you all have a lovely day! And hope you are all well?

Woo hoo. Great news. Well done you for sticking with it! You are an inspiration - sometimes it is more inspiring to follow those who have their struggles but don't give up, than to follow those who seem to sail through. Not just talking about weight loss either. I think that is what is so good about minis. You're never alone, and you realise how many other people can relate to your problems at the time. Go girl. I can feel that 8 stone something is in the wind!

Busy - like the look of that video. Was only saying in my diary this morning that I wanted to try Pilates. I was thinking more about back exercises, but that looks really good. I like using hand weights - find them very satisfying because I feel like I have worked a lot harder! Have added to my youtube favourites to try on the big screen tv.

Woo, congrats on your weight! As for the little black squirmy things, ewwww. LOL! I sometimes take my dogs out singly, its much more relaxing than all 5 at once. And then we can chat :p Coconut oil and walking = Successful parking. Will take note.

Morning everyone, thank you for the fab comments susie, moonwatcher, busy and Lynne :) :) you lot are always so lovely to me and I contribute my weightloss to all your support too.

I wasn't on here yesterday, was delivering a puppy through the night and so didnt get great sleep but still did my exercise, long walk and ate very well.

I am not a double digit anymore :) just realised that whilst writing "I am 9.12.8 today. Still really happy.
i had to move my scales out of the bathroom and I popped them in my bedroom where there is a floor length mirror. I weigh in bra and knickers only. I caught sight of myself and just could not stop staring, I can not believe the changes.....I'm blown away at how my body looks now and funnily enough it's as if my brain actually caught up with the loss this morning. I know I've lost weight but there was something still in me feeling fat. I was shocked today looking in the mirror, in fact I smiled so hard I nearly cried because this journey is quite emotional. I'm not that old Lauren Luke anymore, someone else is staring back.

each day I have been walking for miles, I take one dog as company because I go near woods and don't know the area that well yet. I walked so fast yesterday to get away from the woods and on to the ope railway track because it was getting dark and I didn't want to be murdered hahah.it worked, I moved my butt, poor chi chi my Pom was knackered, she held me back and I let her have 3 breathers on the track...bless.

i feel so amazing!

My hair is falling out more than usual which is worrying so I have decided to start eating proper breakfast again just incase my body has gone in to starvation mode for the first half of the day. I usually just drink coconut oil coffees with cream until lunch.

Yesterdays menu.

B 2 nespressos with coconut oil, cream and added boiling water. Oh and I ate bacon 2 slices, and egg pulled from a McDonald's bacon and egg mcmuffin.

L snacks mostly, ox tongue, red cheddar, vintage cheddar.

D ham roll up with leerdammer, lettuce and sweet chilli philli, it was so lovely. 1 jazz apple, 7 black grapes, small peace blue cheese.

ive decided to eat a little bit of fruit and wholegrain rice but no bread. I'm going to up the exercise now and introduce some good carbs like fruit nd wholegrains. See how I go :)

sorry if I ever bore anyone reading my posts, I just love to talk, share my thoughts and oh never listens because he's bored of me prattling, I see his eyes roll.

Have a great day!

Awe Lauren so lovely to read your posts , your truly in harmony with the life and woe balance xx. Well done, you've earned it xx.

Did you see the arm workout I posted?

Hey Lauren, how absolutely great for you to realise how well you have done and (really) see yourself as others see you (only fully clothed :p ). What a boost for you!!!! Food Zombie fading away, LOL! One thing struck me though, your hairloss. Could you maybe have thyroid problems? An underactive thyroid can have hairloss as a symptom.

Awe Lauren so lovely to read your posts , your truly in harmony with the life and woe balance xx. Well done, you've earned it xx.

Did you see the arm workout I posted?

hi busy :) thanks, things are going great at the moment and I believe it was because of the exercise, when doing it everything seems to fall in to place. My problems have not gone away actually got worse but I feel like I can tackle them more with a focused more peaceful mind.

I've just checked out that link you gave me for the arms, thank you!!!! I need to catch up on posts, replies and diaries soon. Been a bit behind but wanted to come on and let you all know I'm still here even if silent.

how are you?

Hey Lauren, how absolutely great for you to realise how well you have done and (really) see yourself as others see you (only fully clothed :p ). What a boost for you!!!! Food Zombie fading away, LOL! One thing struck me though, your hairloss. Could you maybe have thyroid problems? An underactive thyroid can have hairloss as a symptom.

Thank you Lynne :) it's a realisation that doesn't hit you until it's ready. Yes food zombies away!!!! Just.
The hair loss is a worrier because my mam has thyroid trouble, in fact Graves' disease to be precise so it runs in the family. I should go get checked, maybe this diet and sudden loss has tipped my balance off and unearthed something underlying.

How are you?

Looking good and feeling good by the sound of it!

Another puppy! Mind you, I think you need to have words with your girlies as they always seem to deliver in the night and keep you up! :)

Re the hair loss, I have seen this mentioned before quite often, on low carb and other dieting boards/forums. Biotin, fish oils and other supplements often crop up as suggestions to help, as does the possibility of thyroid probes, as already mentioned. Just googled it quickly and found several references to this blog post. Hair loss and Kimkins » The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D. which explains about the hair growth/loss cycle. I only skimmed through it but have kept it to read through later. Looks interesting.

Have a good day.

Just catching up, fantastic on hitting the 9's :) how tall are you? Saw your measurements, isn't it weird how people can measure differently and weigh differently...... (Made sense to me typing)

I'm OK Thanks Lauren. Not doing massively well at the mo. Been naughty a few times. Its so hot here, I am not doing much because its tiring and makes me hotter, so THAT isn't helping. But in myself I am chugging along, feeling ok about things and telling myself that IF I feel impatient about losses, the only way is to be stricter, and if I am not going to be strict, then I get what I deserve. End of.

I tried a bullet proof coffee, and maybe my coconut oil is not a good one. I didn't like it and will not be having any more BPC's.

I thought I was lucky to find coconut oil here, so to source another brand might well be a tall order. Dont know what make would be best anyway even if there was a choice. :doh:

Last edited:
Did you blitz it in the blender until it was really frothy, as it is completely different if you just mix it in, or give it a quick whizz. I tried it once in the other side of my food processor and it was yuck - had to put it in the blender / smoother side and do it again! I also make it twice as strong as usual, or I don't like it.

I used a stick blender and gave it quite a beating. It was too coconutty, but maybe that is the problem and I have a bad example of coconut oil.

Ah right. Did you put butter in too? Mine don't taste coconutty to me, so that may be because of the brand of oil.

Yes it was unsalted butter. I think it must be the particular coconut oil I have bought here. Maybe when I visit the UK, I will buy some there. So, suggestions for good ones in UK would be appreciated. Going in October :)

Well done in the nines and measurements you are doing really well at the moment, I don't have any advice re the hairloss but I would get it checked out by the Dr.

Looking good and feeling good by the sound of it!

Another puppy! Mind you, I think you need to have words with your girlies as they always seem to deliver in the night and keep you up! :)

Re the hair loss, I have seen this mentioned before quite often, on low carb and other dieting boards/forums. Biotin, fish oils and other supplements often crop up as suggestions to help, as does the possibility of thyroid probes, as already mentioned. Just googled it quickly and found several references to this blog post. Hair loss and Kimkins » The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D. which explains about the hair growth/loss cycle. I only skimmed through it but have kept it to read through later. Looks interesting.

Have a good day.

haha tell me about it....they wait all day while my vet is open and pop at around 12 midnight on awards. The worst are the ones that look ready at midnight but have you sat up with them until 8in the morning watching. I will never go to bed when I see them nesting but it's tempting to set an alarm for 2 hours on and off.

I am going to go to the Doctors, the hair loss plus I have been so freezing and it's summer. Not normal. I know it's been crap this year but still....I have been blue with cold and I'm sure that's another sign. I Am dreading winter yikes!

thank you very much for that link, will read after finding up on diaries. Hope you are well?

Just catching up, fantastic on hitting the 9's :) how tall are you? Saw your measurements, isn't it weird how people can measure differently and weigh differently...... (Made sense to me typing)

Tee I'm 5.3 and even though my weight is going down my tummy above navel is massive like pregnant looking massive because of my pcos :( so I've been blasting at the abb crunches...be gone you foul demon!

Back