Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Update, got my appointment for 4:30pm today. There probably won't be much to tell until I do the blood works but that will probably be next step after initial appointment and the go home and fast for them. Will keep you all updated though whatever happens.

Good luck, wish you all the best xxxx

Ps please don't worry about gaining it all back, unless you went back to how you ate before, which you don't want to, it's not going to happen, you might go up and down a few lbs here and there but that's natural. You would really have to go some, like I did :( to put it back on.

Your health is most important, hope you find something that works for you and your body soon, you have done really well and have dedication and determination which is the key :)

Big hugs x

Last edited:
Hi Lauren

Sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment but hope you get support from GP. If worried about atkins/low carb I do think think primal is a really good way to avoid grains, stay lowish carb but really be focusd on good fruit and veg plus non chronic cardio (see marks daily apple). The key is to find what your body needs not what others say is good!

I did the psychology of hunger in uni as part of my bio psych class. It was interesting, there are a number of reasons we can feel hungry. I can't see if you said how much you drink during the day.

I find drinking a good 4-5 pints a day, helps. But of course I pee like a race horse. Also I find that I'm getting used to the small meals, so my tummy has shrunk . I can't eat as much in one sitting.

Though I never get that sunday lunch full feeling, and I often feel hungry between meals and have nothing to snack on. I think sometimes its boredom, or restlessness. A cup of tea sometimes helps.

I think sometimes its to do with a vitamin I'm missing, I might crave egg or something.

I think sometimes it is about head space. I know I would not be thinking about food all the time if I did not have to obsess about it for this diet, and weigh it all out ya know what I mean. So I think sometimes, I'm not needing to eat, or even truly hungry.

I think I'm now on week 16, I can't remember off the top of my head. But my hair is starting to go horrid. Its all dry and snapping. When I wash it and brush it, loads snaps :(

Do you think you look good just now? Are you fairly happy with a size you can maintain, a weight you can maintain. Do you actually need to be smaller?
If you have a healthy lifestyle, diet exercise etc. Then you will be becoming healthier, and by the sounds of it a lot happier than you were.
my goal is a stone over my ideal weight. Because for me at 5ft7, and size 14/16 is just fine. I would look too thin if I went to the weight recommended for my hight. Also I really would have to starve my self to get there.

I don't know if once I got there I could maintain it. Maybe I will try it one day to see. Just now I think my goal weight of 12 stone is perfect for me. Does that make sense?
I don't see the point in being thin and unhappy, that would be no better than being fat and unhappy. So a realistic maintainable weight for me is ( I think ) over my ideal weight for my height.

sorry I've written a whole book lmao.

Hi, popping in to say hello, I am trying to catch up with the diaries, you have been given lots of good advice, I hope the Dr visit went well.

Hi there, just catching up with your diary, hope visit to GP went well, so pleased you made the appointment. Some great advice on your diary , only you can decide which is the right woe for you, having tried virtually every diet going I do find low carb suits me the most as I rarely feel hungry and am less likely to eat for the sake of eating. Take care of yourself x

Hi Lauren, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been low carbing for about 3 months now and have lost 30 lbs.. Probably about 20 more to go. I hope things are well with you.
You mentioned in a thread about having problems with Metformin. I take 2 of the 500 mg tablets of the extended release.. One in the morning and one at night.. I couldn't tolerate the regular form but this doesn't seem to bother me.
I've had to cut out all breads, cereals etc trying to get my blood sugars down.. It's helped a lot. Does bum me out at times though, thinking about the cream of wheat I bought right before I began this journey.. Well I've gone on long enough!
xx

Good luck, wish you all the best xxxx

Ps please don't worry about gaining it all back, unless you went back to how you ate before, which you don't want to, it's not going to happen, you might go up and down a few lbs here and there but that's natural. You would really have to go some, like I did :( to put it back on.

Your health is most important, hope you find something that works for you and your body soon, you have done really well and have dedication and determination which is the key :)

Big hugs x

thank you Igg, I know you are right and I can't see myself eating 4-5 Krispy kremes in one day again on top of everything else like I used to..can't believe I did that actually looking back but hey hands up I was a comfort eater :(

Hi Lauren

Sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment but hope you get support from GP. If worried about atkins/low carb I do think think primal is a really good way to avoid grains, stay lowish carb but really be focusd on good fruit and veg plus non chronic cardio (see marks daily apple). The key is to find what your body needs not what others say is good!

Hi Kat1e, thank you so much for popping by with advice. You are very right, I should do whats best for my body and not what others say is best. I love marks daily apple, been on his site a few times now. I have thought about more primal eating and would need to read up on it in more details as I only understand a little of it. Hope you are well? I read your diary from start to finish and enjoyed it so would love to see back on here again.

I did the psychology of hunger in uni as part of my bio psych class. It was interesting, there are a number of reasons we can feel hungry. I can't see if you said how much you drink during the day.

I find drinking a good 4-5 pints a day, helps. But of course I pee like a race horse. Also I find that I'm getting used to the small meals, so my tummy has shrunk . I can't eat as much in one sitting.

Though I never get that sunday lunch full feeling, and I often feel hungry between meals and have nothing to snack on. I think sometimes its boredom, or restlessness. A cup of tea sometimes helps.

I think sometimes its to do with a vitamin I'm missing, I might crave egg or something.

I think sometimes it is about head space. I know I would not be thinking about food all the time if I did not have to obsess about it for this diet, and weigh it all out ya know what I mean. So I think sometimes, I'm not needing to eat, or even truly hungry.

I think I'm now on week 16, I can't remember off the top of my head. But my hair is starting to go horrid. Its all dry and snapping. When I wash it and brush it, loads snaps :(

Do you think you look good just now? Are you fairly happy with a size you can maintain, a weight you can maintain. Do you actually need to be smaller?
If you have a healthy lifestyle, diet exercise etc. Then you will be becoming healthier, and by the sounds of it a lot happier than you were.
my goal is a stone over my ideal weight. Because for me at 5ft7, and size 14/16 is just fine. I would look too thin if I went to the weight recommended for my hight. Also I really would have to starve my self to get there.

I don't know if once I got there I could maintain it. Maybe I will try it one day to see. Just now I think my goal weight of 12 stone is perfect for me. Does that make sense?
I don't see the point in being thin and unhappy, that would be no better than being fat and unhappy. So a realistic maintainable weight for me is ( I think ) over my ideal weight for my height.

sorry I've written a whole book lmao.

Morning firelass, don't apologise for the book post, I love to read anything diet related and I am sure people that come to my diary will enjoy your posts too. You make a load of good points here and first of all congratulations for being on a diet for 16 weeks :)

i am a good girl all day long then at night I like to chew whilst watching tv so I get caught out but I have that under control at the moment so I'm fine. The hair thing is worrying though isnt t? Most dieters get this after 3 months of any diet and it does grow back once you stop.

Your stone over ideal weight makes lots of sense, you clearly know your own body and are not following what people or professionals feel is best for you. I think that's wise.

I am happier but not as happy just yet...funnily enough what makes me sad and clouds my success at this diet is the fact it's so unforgiving and I am petrified of slipping up and going back.

i drink 3-4 litres water per day on top of coffees or coke zero so I'm not worried about my water intake.

Hi, popping in to say hello, I am trying to catch up with the diaries, you have been given lots of good advice, I hope the Dr visit went well.

Thanks Sammy, yes loads of amazing advice. Everyone here is so supportive and knocks me sideways :) not used to people being so friendly and supportive so it's lovely. Dr went well will update that in my post. Hope you are well?

Hi there, just catching up with your diary, hope visit to GP went well, so pleased you made the appointment. Some great advice on your diary , only you can decide which is the right woe for you, having tried virtually every diet going I do find low carb suits me the most as I rarely feel hungry and am less likely to eat for the sake of eating. Take care of yourself x

Morning slaj, hope you are well? Thanks for stopping by. Yes loads of great advice and brilliant support. I think low carb is best for me just need to work out the amounts that will suit me and help me lose then maintain.

Hi Lauren, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been low carbing for about 3 months now and have lost 30 lbs.. Probably about 20 more to go. I hope things are well with you.
You mentioned in a thread about having problems with Metformin. I take 2 of the 500 mg tablets of the extended release.. One in the morning and one at night.. I couldn't tolerate the regular form but this doesn't seem to bother me.
I've had to cut out all breads, cereals etc trying to get my blood sugars down.. It's helped a lot. Does bum me out at times though, thinking about the cream of wheat I bought right before I began this journey.. Well I've gone on long enough!
xx

Hi krynnkeep, thanks for stopping by and wow well done on your loss so far, similar loss and goal to me. I'm busy with the doctor at the moment and I've told him about my previous metformin problems so hoping he will adjust me to a normal dose should I need it. This diet bums me out too thinking about what I can't have anymore but....for some strange reason I still am on it :)

Morning Lauren

Great to see you posting - how are things? xx
morning susie, I've missed you all. I'm ok and have loads to update just trying to catch up with everything on here :) how are you?

Morning everyone, brace yourselves this one is going to be a long post.

Today I am happy to confirm I am 9.13 :) I've not been on here but been very on track....except for exercise as I have been wrapped up in being busy and yesterday it was raining all day so couldn't go out and do my walk. We have had a few dogs leave to their new owners and I've been extremely sad but haven't been naughty diet wise so I'm handling things better than I would have done.

Right so as you all know I registered with a new doctor, went to see him and he has booked me in for a fasting blood test on the 20th September. No eating from 8pm the night before so hmmmm going to be hard with no coffees until 10:10am but at least I am being seen to. I told him my symptoms and that I'd recently lost just over 2-1/2 stones. He asked me straight away if I had thyroid in my family, I do so gave him details of that whilst He logged it on his computer. I also told him I had been diagnosed with pcos over 6 years ago, went on metformin which made me feel terrible so came off myself and didnt go back to my doctor at the time which I should have done for a smaller dose. I've no idea where my pcos status is right now so looking forward to all the bloods coming back and see where I am at.

I also went in to town to pick some more coconut oil up and oh spotted a shop that he thought I'd love so dragged me around the corner to this place called ding dong In Durham city centre. Oh my I was in vintage heaven....it's full to the brim of everything old and vintage from all different decades and every inch of the walls were covered in stuff to look at.
What excited me the most was the old vintage shift dresses with really old labels. I found them fascinating and imagined a history behind each piece. They also had mink, foxes and all that jazz hanging up with the hats and scarves. Old soft leather garments, real fur which I found hard to look at but I understand back then so many people wore them and the owner told me the sales were huge on the furs and foxes etc to this day.i was surprised but she sells them so will know.

I found 3 dresses, 1 was a horrockses dress and was white cotton with floral pattern size 12....I was so excited so took that and two other size 12 dresses to the changing room. I've never felt such good quality clothing!! Anyway tried them on and couldn't get any of them side zipped past my bust/rib area :( I was so upset upset upset. I felt like a princess that had just lost her magic shoes. Because previously had been to top shop and bought 2 pairs of 12 skinny jeans and a lovely peach top size 12. I then realised I am still overweight and those vintage sizes are the real sizes of women and the high street now have so changed the way they size stuff to make women feel better and buy more clothes. A size 12 back then is now classed as a 14/16 now. So I'm not a size 12 :( in essence if ykwim. So upset and depressed. Anyway I still have more weight to lose and will go back there one day and treat myself to a pretty vintage frock. It's my new motivation goal.

I hate my rugby linebacker shoulders.....like the blummin hulk trying to squeeze in to a ladies frock. Gahhhh. Anyway it's not the end of the world...just felt it there and then in that changing room leaving behind that horrockses frock. I soooooo wanted it but oh wouldnt pay £95 for a dress that didnt fit even though I told him I'd get in to it one day and I couldn't leave it behind. :(

so that's what I've been up to the past few days, I want a dress a nice dress for my make over. The before and after video I want to shoot. I haven't really worn make up since losing the weight and wanted to make myself over since I have no artist friends to do it for me.

Oh menu for the past few days,
B 2 coconut oil cream nespressos. Ham, cheese and lettuce roll.
L salads with toms, cucumber, cheese, chicken, egg.
D steak with broccoli or chicken breast with more salad.
snacks, 4 slices, chorizo, pepperamis, cheese strings, mim :) with chocolate cream done Atkins way. A few squirts of squirt cream anchor extra thick, no sugar :) small amount of carbs and works a treat on sugar free jelly.

I hope this is not tmi but my pee is smelling of the familiar ketosis and I feel less bloated so possibly back on track, cravings are still there but I can totally handle them :)

i hope you are all keeping well? As I mean that as I like to check on you all and I am sorry for not popping in more often just don't feel I've hd much of a chance lately.

Oh Goldi!!! Back on track :) that vintage dress shall be yours! Sounds like we have the same upper body issues.
I hope the doc manages to get to the bottom of things, sounds like you are being taken seriously.
Awful how shops have increased their sizes, no wonder we are getting bigger and not really doing much about it! Just think what size modern clothes you are going to be once you have your princess frock! x

you don't have to say sorry for not popping in lol, the whole point is we are hear when you need us. Gotta have a life as well.
I know what you mean about the rain, I live in scotland, and its horrid. One year we had no summer at all, even the dogs got fat.

The gp visit sounds quite positive, thats good. I have pocs as well, well at least its suspected, the doc would not send me for tests. Its a long story, I was getting treated for it, but I hated the pills so just stopped taking them. I went on to the pill for a bit, that really dose help. But I end up putting on loads of weight and being sad. So now I'm just managing the symptoms with other things instead.

I was told at first I got the pocs because I was 5 stone over weight. So I had thought it might go away, never mind.

I don't think your shoulders look how you see them. Me and my two friends are doing the diet together. I'm quite broad, but my best mate is a giant. She is almost 6ft and I can hide behind her. There are no girls clothes that really fit properly or work well for her. Even at ideal weight she is still a size 16 just because of her size.
Womens trousers are a nightmare.
Does anyone else find the sizing strange. I can get tall thin trousers, or short fat ones. I'm only 5,8 and had issues getting trousers long enough in bigger sizes. Having less issues now that I have shrunk. I actually wore mens clothes for a bit.

Top half I have issues as well though. I can wear a 12 almost. But I have GG cup boobs, so they don't fit into tops that have a shaped bust at all. There are shops that do clothing for my shape, though I would need to rob a bank to shop there.
Plus point, (gotta look at the bright side) I will be able to dress up as Jessica rabbit for halloween :)
I never realized the sizes had changed, that is interesting. Somewhat explains why I'm a different size depending on what shop I buy clothes in.

Back