Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Hi Lauren, well done on the BMi although I must admit that I think it's a fairly flawed system so useful for indicative areas but absurd to be used in tiny detail (especially if you want to build muscle).

Personally I decided that although it was nice to be "normal" it was most important to find a weight that I could stick at without any worry or thinking about or counting- so a natural one. I got down to 75kg at my lowest but was dancing everyday and sometimes twice and decided that it was getting obsessive so backed off.

I do think it's worth exploring other options than the bran if that's a trigger as if start day with carbs then keeping your insulin switched on hyper drive. Physillium husk worked fine - I used to have a spoon in a glass of water but didn't like the taste so felt like medicine! When I started making mims & flax bread I found half a mim a day kept me perfectly regular. A whole mim stalled me. I did enjoy my marmite on toast for breakfast in that period:) It would be fairly easy to just sprinkle the ph or flax on other food too.

Nowadays I really don't bother much with "bread" or cakes as don't notice it. I do have a supply of mama lupes low carb tortilla wraps in freezer for when I need a sandwich lunch. So make sure I get veg in to keep me regular. Typically lunch is protein and salad - lettuce, cucumber & few baby toms. Dinner is protein & veg - spinach, green beans, broccoli, cabbage, mange tout, leeks, etc occasionally we have cauli or celeriac mash or chips but I find that all a bit heavy now.

Also just a thought on blood pressure. It is worth getting a home machine and testing yourself. I have white coat hypertension and it is absolutely impossible for doctors/nurses to get a reading that makes sense! Although we contemplated 24hour monitoring worked out that the machine would stop me sleeping properly and that drives my bp up too! I now take my home readings in & discuss them with GP instead (we calibrated initially and I get DH to do his to make sure it's working as his is always low). So mine is still borderline but just the right side! If that ever tips over then I know exactly what I would need to do to sort it - that would be give up all alcohol and do more yoga!

Anyhow, hope you are having a good day
Xx

WOOOOOOOOOOOO in to the healthy BMI range woooopwooop go team you!!! Stick to that good feeling. In life there is always something else, Always some other stress of complication. But despite life getting in the way, you ARE doing it, you are in the healthy range. High end of it, but still you got there!

So so pleased for you!! :D :D :D see that, you can do it, you go girl. Keep it up, and everything else will be sorting it self out as time plods on ( with blood tests etc)

I hope you have positive outcomes with all of that stuff. Or at least some of it.

You know, I have felt a lot less depressed since being on a diet, but lets see if I change my mind at exam time lol

Good luck with all the stuff going on, fingers crossed you can find a good diet for you to get you into where you would like to be.

Can I add something though, have you done any reading on the bmi scale, do you know all its down falls. Not every since girl your age and hight can be given the same goal weight. I mean, bones weigh quite a bit, so having even bigger feet could make a difference, ya know what I mean.

Just in having lost weight, and being at a more healthy weight, you are helping your body so so much :)

Agreed it can be a flawed system as someone who is quite muscular can come out overweight.

It doesn't really make sense to me at all. My optimum bmi has me weighing in at 8 1/2 stone because I'm only 5 foot. I know that when I am 10 1/2 stone I'm a comfortable size 10 so I think if I was two stone lighter I'd look pretty ill x

Your so right by that scale bodybuilders are classed as obese, it's flawed

Morning everyone, I'm sorry I've not replied to you all personally this week. It's weighing on my mind and I will get around to it soon. I've not been on in the mornings lately as I'm ill with a cold, chest infection and now Tom. I feel so awful and have had some berocca, lemsips, lockets and loads of fluid. I've ruined my diet with these remedies, I knew they were not great for low carb people but I've just felt so down trodden and depressed so wanted something to help get me through a bit better.
As soon as this cold shifts its back on track food wise, I've not eaten bad just had bad remedies.

Ive been thinking of going back on Cambridge to get the last stone and half off then trying to maintain any losses with low carb, lower cal or calorie counting. Not sure which. I love low carb because I love meats, cheeses and CREAM!

i am feeling utterly lost right now and hoping its just because if the cold that I'm down, hate this feeling....but luckily my new slimmer brain is still fighting on and doesn't want to go back to being the way I was. I know now I will be on some sort of diet for the rest of my life or at least aware of carbs and cals because I do not ever want to go back.

im going to try And get around to replying to everyone and catch up on everyone's diary tonight, I hope you are all keeping well?

Sorry your feeling poorly Hun. Don't be so hard on yourself about the meds, it's more important to get through the cold right now.

Hope you feel better soon x.

Sorry you are not feeling good honey and wish you better, glad your fighting to stay positive, don't let it get you down, you have done so well, life likes to put bumps in the road dammit, we need to try and ride right over them, easier said than done sometimes, and being ill always makes me blue too, big hugs, take care and don't worry about a thing, cuddle those gorgeous dogs xxx :)

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. Don't be so hard on yourself about the meds. When you are ill you need to look after your self xx

take care of yourself. Not a lot you can do about being ill. No one wants to be trying to make honey and lemon when they are ill, bought stuff is easier.

One of the things I have come to realize about myself, is sometimes Even though I look better and feel better I still get some crappy feeling down times. They are less often and not so bad as they used to be though. I think I manage it better now.

I get you really want to lose more weight, what I don't know is why? For me I need to loose a wee bit more weight and tone, because there is no way the suggested healthy weight and suggested healthy bmi range are right for me. I'm one person the one size fits all never quite fits lol Sure there is loads of us.

So you have a goal, but are a bit lost on how to get to it? Hmm.. well I remember your youtube video about cambridge, and how bad the bars were for you. I think you felt quite horrid on it by the end?

I was talking again to my cambridge person about my goal, she said that we do have a natural point that we settle at. So what is right for me, might not be right for someone else even the same hight and build as me. I'm still hoping to loose at least two stone with cambridge.

I can maintain at this weight, so her point is if I can loose the two stone then go back to maintaining as I am, that should work. I wonder if my weight will come back up to the weight I maintain now. Or if that is just bloody kfc and krespy kreme.
Cambridge is the right diet for losing weight for me it seems, but I get its not right for everyone.

Remember you are awesome! you are doing really well! you have come so so far! Focus on getting well :) soon you will be up and about. I hope you are able to feel less lost asap :)

**hugs**

So sorry to hear you are ill ((hugs)). My main advice is no decisions to be taken while under the weather - wait til you are feeling better and your head is clear! X

Thank you everyone for popping in and being so supportive to me.

Erm, well I have done a bit of cold remedy damage on scales 10.2 today but not too bad...although damn annoying since I've hardly eaten anything usual never mind naughty..

i got a letter from docs the other day saying they needed to do tests again :( I hate needles and this spoiled my day.....the reason was because I was borderline thyroid (they didnt say which) but im assuming because of all my symptoms we are looking at hypothyroid and so they want to be sure before going further. So just been there now getting more bloods done. Hoping all goes well also they told me that my urine electrolytes were out so have taken another urine sample. I don't feel like a well bunny so hoping something can be sorted which doesn't have too drastic an effect on me for life if it comes back I need medication.

As much as I hate needles I understand I am very lucky that I've found a new doctors who actually want to make sure whats going on so they can prescribe accordingly. I'm not knocking that service regardless of the fact I've still not got over the alien arm feel from the last stab! :)

i really hope you are all keeping well? I am going to try my best to get around to all your diaries, have missed catching up just felt utter crap to be honest and not even being bothered to do daily chores or cook for myself with this cold.

Sorry to hear you are feeling ill x hope your get back to full health soon x and oh my god them pups are adorable!! I would be so tempted if I had not just introduced Jack into the family x

Really pleased you've got a GD who is giving you more than the standard five minutes, to sort it out - I hate needles too but it is over in a moment and hopefully will get your some answers ((((sweetie))))

Hope the cold is clearing up xxx

Sorry to hear you are going through it at the moment Lauren. It is really good that you are getting the tests done though. I think that is the thing to concentrate on at the moment - get your health sorted and then the dieting will follow on.

cook... chores.... you are ill! they wait or someone else done them :p :p Gotta rest properly to get well. Find a good film and snuggle up with the living teddy bears :)
Good luck, I hope you get someone that is good at taking blood. I used to hate needles, now I just hate the bruising after.

Hope your feeling tip top asap :)

Back