Gone out of Ketosis

Jamsi

Is this ok... I have been on Lipotrim for 6 weeks and today I changed over to slim & save and I just used a ketostix and I am no longer in ketosis.
Is this normal or have I done wrong?

Please bin the damn ketostix. If youvevstuck to packs you can't be out of ketosis. Do yourself a favour throw them out

The stix arnt that reliable hun, u know if ur out of ketosis ur hungry again lol as starlight said aslong as you have followed it correctly you will be in ketosis :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Please bin the damn ketostix. If youvevstuck to packs you can't be out of ketosis. Do yourself a favour throw them out

Consider myself told! lol

Stef I was starving hungry all the way through with LT and yesterday is the first time my tummy has felt full in 6 weeks... I suppose it will just take some getting used to after being on LT.

hey hun, maybe it is getting used to it, i didnt come straight off lt to s&s so i wouldnt know, but i know 100% many have come off lt to s&s and still been in ketotis and lose good amounts of weight, maybe email s&s if your worried and ask them, they may have an answer to put ur mind at rest but i wouldnt worry too much, maybe LT your in ketosis stronger than s&s as you only have 3 packs on LT, i think s&s is mild ketosis, well im just rambling on now taking guesses haha but dont worry hun u will be fine xx

Ohhh i thought I read some where you can be In a mild stage of ketosis, must of read wrong xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

yea i read somewhere that its mild ketosis too. glad this doesnt just mean mild weight loss lol

VLCDs put you in a mild state of ketosis because you are still consuming some carbs in the packs, and the total number of carbs in the packs will be just under the limit to allow you to stay in ketosis. If you were on a protein only diet you could in theory consume thousands of calories and no carbs and be in a less mild state of ketosis, but a VLCD is based on a balance of nutrients that includes some carbs as it's better for the body to include some carbs in the diet.

Some people are quite tolerant to carbs and can have up to 100g of carbs per day and stay in ketosis. Others can only have 50g or so but for most people a limit of 60g or so will be fine. If you only have the packs with S&S then you will stay in ketosis but if you add in the milk and veg carbs can vary so I tend to track the carbs that I have on a daily basis using My Fitness Pal and try to keep my carbs to 60g per day. Having said all that, if you're losing weight and don't want to eat your own arm I really shouldn't worry too much.

Back