Gonna Cruise to Lose!

Thank you both, feeling better today - still full of a cold but it has shfited from that really yukky feeling. Put on one lb from yesterdays mega low but that still means 8lbs off in 5 days. Today is day 6. I'm predicting a hard day foodwise today as I haven't planned anything. I'm off to my mums for lunch which is all carb filled - buns and bagels, so will be taking my own food with me - smoked mackrel and smoked salmon. I missed breakfast because I wasn't awake(!). I am out of eggs so will make my pancake at my mums and have it with the fish. No idea what to do for dinner tonight - I may make home made burgers for us all tonight, I'll see how I'm feeling later. Right time to wind the kids up to get them to my mums. Have a good day everyone.

Much better day today - took the kids to the pictures and had a coffee and left the popcorn and iced drinks to them all - feel very virtuous.

Not had a great day in terms of food and cooking.

Breakfast - none - missed it.

Lunch - smoked mackrel, peppered salmon and Gallette

Dinner - only just had it running late - 2 dry fried eggs and smoked salmon followed by a muller light.

I'm still hungry so may just chomp on a chicken drumstick soon!

I've also managed my 20 minute walk today.

I think I am going to have to be a bit more organised with my preparation or I'm going to get bored very quickly. Mind you and I'm just brain dumping here - I haven't felt bored or hungry or food focussed in any way shape or form today so maybe that is ketosis doing its thang!! I'm so used to food being the sole focus of my life that maybe this is how "normal" people are - they don't spend the whole day focussing on the next meal? Don't know I've never been "normal" around food!

Oh and I haven't done great on the drink thing today either - not really counted but haven't had any hot water. Let me think I've had a skinny latte for breakfast (with sugar free gingerbread syrup), two cans of diet coke and a large black coffee! Time to go have some hot water I think to make up some ground but don't want to be up pishing all night either!

So there you go how to do a long post when you really don't have much to say!

Wow just watched 10 Things You Need to Know About Losing Weight - was on last week and my husband recorded it. Virtually every one of the 10 things were featured in Dukan Diet. Too tired to do too big a post on it right now but I'd definately say it is worth watching on BBC I player if you can.

Main points:-

* Protein stops you full longer (of course we *all* know that!!)
* Low fat dairy burns up fat (ie, cottage cheese, fat free fromage frais, skimmed milk)
* Excerise keeps burning calories longer.
* Good synopsis on why you should eat breakfast (shows that if you skip it you are programmed to go for higher calorie food to compensate).
* SOUP is very satisfying and keeps you fuller longer - funnily enough I was reading the book before and there is a small heads up to this fact in there but not as much. I think I will definately be making more soups for lunch when on PV days that is for sure!

Very very interesting programme, but now I need sleep.

I very much enjoy reading your posts, and well done on getting through that "must have sugar" moment! Are you hungry at such times? Or just fanciful? Do these cravings happen at a similar time of the day? It would be interested to nail that because, if hungry, then we need to up your protein intake. At your current weight, you really can eat quite an amount if you need to... and jellies and flans won't fill you as a chicken breast or boiled egg would.

In fact, I've just reminded myself of a tactic I used when in ketosis and "fancying" something. I'd offer myself just that - a chicken breast OR a boiled egg. My choice. Funny how my hunger would diminish immediately! haaaa!

Otherwise sweet galette - great idea but next time load it up with sweetener...

I used lots of sweetner when needing sugar - well done resisting.

A few of us have/had colds - I blame the changeable weather - it was 15° here on Saturday!

Wednesday is my first PV day and first day of cruise - I think I'm going to start making the deserts then.

Everyone just seems full of the lurgy right now.

I have just booked this - Three Sessions of Gastric Band Hypnotherapy at Mind Body Balance Studio for £99 it is something I've looked at doing for such a long time but the price has always been restrictive. I figured it would be worth giving it a go and seeing if I can run it along side the diet - having a double whammy if you like!!

I very much enjoy reading your posts, and well done on getting through that "must have sugar" moment! Are you hungry at such times? Or just fanciful? Do these cravings happen at a similar time of the day? It would be interested to nail that because, if hungry, then we need to up your protein intake. At your current weight, you really can eat quite an amount if you need to... and jellies and flans won't fill you as a chicken breast or boiled egg would.

In fact, I've just reminded myself of a tactic I used when in ketosis and "fancying" something. I'd offer myself just that - a chicken breast OR a boiled egg. My choice. Funny how my hunger would diminish immediately! haaaa!

Otherwise sweet galette - great idea but next time load it up with sweetener...

I thought I was fanciful but really I was hungry!! I finally had some cottage cheese and smoked salmon and instantly felt "better". I think I just needed to eat something.

Looks interesting, anything to help change relationships with food should be positive. especially for when you're facing conso and stab.

Thanks Jaqy - thing is I'm nice and motivated now but I know me - I won't be in a few months time, there is a very samey pattern which I dare say many of us suffer from - I think reading the forums we didn't just get to overweight very recently for me I've spent the whole of my adult life yo yoing up and down the weight scales.

Funnily enough, I lost my 11 stone 7lbs without losing sight of that final goal... just seeing the numbers dip on the scales, ok not every day or even sometimes every week, was such a motivator.

As some of us have said before, part of the key to success to a large weight loss over a significant period of time is (in my humble opinion) avoiding that first slip up. Once one slip occurs, the second will inevitably follow.

x

Absolutly, and for known events it got to be about planning for the day/meal after not just about how to minimise the damage on the day. I now know if I'm going to an event on fri/sat I need to do an extra shop thursday to make sure there is ready to eat protein in the fridge for the day after, not an empty shelf.

Thanks you are both completely right it is about being organised. The weight loss is always the key motivator for me in the beginning but I get bored, I know I get bored - especially when I've lost several stone - you know the time you are two or three months in and have got down into the size 12/14 jeans from a size 20 and you feel great - that is my absolute danger time - I just can't get past that! I've a long way to go before I hit that point again because each time I bounce back bigger and heavier than before. That is my real danger time, not so much now when my hunger to shed several stones is unwaivering.

I've even kept to that size 12/14 for a couple of years but invariably it goes back on ...

Note to self: drink more water

Dinner: home made beef burgers - were very nice actually and didn't look a jot like a burger despite cutting out nice circular ones using a glass! 2lbs of lean mince steak, salt and pepper, a table spoon of oatbran as it was a bit sloppy and half a grated onion!

Kids had some with some dry friend onions (yup I had half a table spoon of those too!!) and they had sausages and oven chips but I just had four or so burgers, they were very little really once they'd cooked!

Desert was chewing gum lol!!

I love having hm burgers and meatballs, feels a bit naughty even though mince can be super lean. Wish I could have a dolop of blue cheese on top sometimes though, sigh.

Oh tell me about it, I missed mayo (yuk don't fancy the Dukan mayo sorry!!) with proper fried onions and cheese!! That said I shan't complain it was still very tasty and filling!

The chicken and lunch was nice too but this diet is costing a fortune!

Im getting very strict in the supermarket, writing out how much it should all cost using mysupermarket, lots of offers on meat and yogurts right now.

Whilst the bill isn't down to my pre dukan (no meat) bill its closer than it was and I'm not eating out anything like as often and no takeaway so big picture it's okay.

Do u like yoghurt lajlaj? It's cheaper.

I've lost 30 kgs Over the years and l kept it off for 3 years before work started eating into my training time and myfather got ill and passed away. Slowly came back 5, then 3 and then another 5. So 12kg heavier and I lost that on a diet after putting up with it for 2 years and then went on steroids and put 6 on in a week! Then over a year and house moving I gained the other 6 back. I usually loose 5 before our annual holiday and put it on again whilst away.

But..... Not this year.! Going to do it and so are u. We all have goals and we are all going to help each other get there.

Don't think about 2 or 3 months down the track. Think I feel better this time this week than last because.... Always keep thinking in the positive. If u tell yourself when u hit the 12/14s it will come back then u will only encourage that to happen. You are loosing and that's fab and you are learning balance and restraint for life when u reach goal.

I know u are going to succeed!

Bren
X

Back